Unseen/heard stuff I want to know more of AKA I'm dying to see or hear it.

filmandmusic

Proud Member
Randomly ordered

1. Childhood - one night only show - special performance with professional mimi artist Marcel Marceau - cancelled but rehearsal footage exists
2. Thriller - one night only show - re imagined as a punk/rock song with new choreography and wardrobe - this sounds so unlike Michael (changing his entire song) that I just have to see it
3. Dangerous - one night only show - new choreography based on "a clockwork orange" featuring Naomi Campbell naked (just kidding)
4. H20 - unfinished song - supposedly so good that it was seen as a true comeback single - Arabic influences
5. Rocker - unreleased song - likened with another one bites the dust - don't know what to make of it but intriguing
6. I miss you - unreleased song - Michael's ode to James Brown - a ballad
7. Walk right now - live Triumph tour
8. Possible Stevie Wonder produced and written album - Motown - probably an exaggeration, I presume just a couple of just a couple of songs actually exist.
9. All of Michael's ideas for his planned classical music - some stuff is complete enough to record
10.Goin Places concert - superb setlist with lots of early 70s songs sang in 1978 - probably no footage exists
11.1970/71 first national tour show video - maybe Michael at his absolute best as a vocalist - audio exists
12. Smile video - never filmed
13. full recording of "for the good times" sang for his mother Katherine
14. Michael performing percussion and drums early on with the J5
15. Dvd's of Destiny/Triumph/Victory tours in super low quality
16. Michael's Bahrain recordings - it sounded like he was doing something musically different though that might just be my imagination
17. Ghost of another lover - because the awful quality version on YouTube still is funky as hell
18. Best of joy original recording - obvious reasons :-(
19. Jane is a groupie - because this small snippet sounds freaking awesome
20. Victory with Freddie (not the one from Elm Street)

Invincible.outtakes.with.studio.footage.

That’s all.

Crack Kills
Turning Me Off
Chicago 1945
Chicago 1945 Invincible version
MJ Melody
The Toy
Best Of Joy 2008 Demo
Going To Rio
They Don't Care About Us Demo
Cheater 2001
Buffalo Bill
Be Me 4 A Day
Neverland Landing
Call It Off
Miss You
Son Of Thriller
D.I.E
Shut Up And Dance
H2O
Water
Still The King
RedOne Song
Little Susie 1979 Demo
Nymphette Lover
Kick It
I Have This Dream
The Pain
The Gloved One
Ekam Satyam
Monster
Heat Of The Night
Lady Of Summer
Apocalypse Now
Throwing Your Life Away 2008 version
Throwing Your Life away 2010 Remix
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Adore You
Rocker
Victory
Leaving Today To Behind
Stand Tall
Rolling The Dice
Do You Love Me
Angel
Do You Want Me
Silent Spring
Coco Butter
The Future
Willing And Waiting
Changes
He Who Makes The Sky Gray
World Of Candy
Seven Digits
The Future
Got To Find A Way Somehow
On My Anger
Fanfare Transition
I'm Dreamin'

Basically I want the entire vault.

Last edited:
first time im hearing about the thriller rock thing where did that came from?

For a long time I thought the One Night Only rehearsals were the holy grail. After reading about the project I don't think so anymore, but it would still be very cool to see.

I'm mainly curious to hear some of the music he was working on post-2005.

For a long time I thought the One Night Only rehearsals were the holy grail. After reading about the project I don't think so anymore, but it would still be very cool to see.

I'm mainly curious to hear some of the music he was working on post-2005.

I can't really recall so I'm probably wrong, but if IIRC there was nothing really done for that in a complete form right? Like there's not much footage etc. Was mostly just conceptual stuff?

I'd be interested in hearing pretty much everything relating to his music if I'm perfectly honest. Not generally overly concerned about concert footage but I'm sure there's some stuff relating to him performing that I'd like to see also.

I'm incredibly interested in hearing early versions of released songs, I think my holy grail would probably some sort of box set containing different versions of songs up until the final versions lol.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in hearing pretty much everything relating to his music if I'm perfectly honest. Not generally overly concerned about concert footage but I'm sure there's some stuff relating to him performing that I'd like to see also.

I'm incredibly interested in hearing early versions of released songs, I think my holy grail would probably some sort of box set containing different versions of songs up until the final versions lol.
The Cascio tracks box set.

Michael Jackson's ideas for his planned classical music are the least interesting stuff to hear.

His fans are also not really interested in unseen/unheard stuff that comes before the 'Off The Wall' era.

Judging by his fans' comments, they are for example really interested in seeing the full dress rehearsals of the 'HIStory' Tour (only a brief snippet is currently available on the Internet).

They are also interested in unseen stuff from studio recording sessions (when he was making his adult, solo studio albums).

About the 'H20' song: it is extremely unfinished so it is strange that there were people who described it as a true comeback single.
first time im hearing about the thriller rock thing where did that came from?
It looks like information that is based on Wikipedia.

The 'Thriller' performance in a new, re-imagined way as an industrial punk/rock number comes from here:

https://michael-jackson.fandom.com/wiki/One_Night_Only_(HBO_Special)

Michael Jackson's ideas for his planned classical music are the least interesting stuff to hear.

His fans are also not really interested in unseen/unheard stuff that comes before the 'Off The Wall' era.

Judging by his fans' comments, they are for example really interested in seeing the full dress rehearsals of the 'HIStory' Tour (only a brief snippet is currently available on the Internet).

They are also interested in unseen stuff from studio recording sessions (when he was making his adult, solo studio albums).

About the 'H20' song: it is extremely unfinished so it is strange that there were people who described it as a true comeback single.

The 'Thriller' performance in a new, re-imagined way as an industrial punk/rock number comes from here:

Ah yes, I see you have consulted the Fan Compendium Of Knowledge And Factual Information once again for this post.

-The rest of the 150 or so unreleased J5 recordings in the Motown Vault including the sessions with Stevie Wonder where "Buttercup" came from.
-BUFFALO BILL
-The 1975 demos with Bobby Taylor
-The actual "This Is It" from the TRIUMPH sessions - Not the same as "I Never Heard"
-Any remaining outtakes from the Philly Years and DESTINY and TRIUMPH.
-A full collection of all the recordings done by all the brothers for the VICTORY album.

Those would be the main things I want to hear

I think my holy grail would probably some sort of box set containing different versions of songs up until the final versions lol.
That would be insanely good. I am totally with you on this!

I would love something similar to Bob Dylan's Bootleg series. Some of the recordings are not good quality at all since they are from the early 60s, or were recorded in some random person's house without professional equipment, but my God they are great. I could listen to them over and over, and have. I would pretty much always prefer raw material in the state Michael left it than contemporary producers "finishing" it. But then, I also feel ethically torn about it because I'm not sure that Michael would want that stuff out there. So I'm not sure what the right answer is. My heart just wants what it wants haha.

Why is that?

Wikipedia is still better than many of your sources. @AlwaysThere has shared the information about H20 a while back, coming from people who have actually heard it. And, while the vocals are unfinished, there are enough to create a 'Don't Matter To Me' type song.

Damien Shields was the one to share the information about the 1995 newly imagined 'Thriller' performance, by the way. So, a pretty trustworthy source.

What do you know of this, tell me more!
After they officially left Motown and were signed to CBS it took some time before Gamble and Huff were assigned to them. In that time the group recorded some demos with Bobby Taylor to try and find out what their new sound was going to be and maybe who to get them placed with at the label. I believe MJ even references these demos in MOONWALK.

After they officially left Motown and were signed to CBS it took some time before Gamble and Huff were assigned to them. In that time the group recorded some demos with Bobby Taylor to try and find out what their new sound was going to be and maybe who to get them placed with at the label. I believe MJ even references these demos in MOONWALK.
First I've ever heard of that. Now I need to do more research. Is this where the Holiday Inn/Kentucky demo's come from?

First I've ever heard of that. Now I need to do more research. Is this where the Holiday Inn/Kentucky demo's come from?
No. Those were done at a later date.

Some of the known Bobby Taylor 1975 demos include:
"People Got To Be Free" which is a cover of the Rascals 1969 hit
"Piece of The Pie"
"Rock In A Hard Place"

I think I was incorrect in the year. I believe they were actually early 1976 demos, not 1975

No. Those were done at a later date.

Some of the known Bobby Taylor 1975 demos include:
"People Got To Be Free" which is a cover of the Rascals 1969 hit
"Piece of The Pie"
"Rock In A Hard Place"

I think I was incorrect in the year. I believe they were actually early 1976 demos, not 1975
What's interesting is Bobby Taylor helped get them to Motown but then also helped them when they left?

What's interesting is Bobby Taylor helped get them to Motown but then also helped them when they left?
Exactly!!! Plus he produced the first J5 album. Also, he was the music director for either the first season or second season of the JACKSONS Variety Show in 1976 and 1977. Sam Brown III was the director for the other season. Sam also was the producer of the songs "One Day In Your Life" and "We've Got Forever" on FOREVER MICHAEL.

Bobby Taylor was very impressed with Michael’s voice in the early 70s. Motown ditched him from producing tracks for them. I think he did who’s loving you.
That is correct. He produced most of the first album which included "Who's Loving You". He was fired from working with the group in February 1970 during the session for "Man's Temptation", "A Fool For You" and "Money Honey" which he did not even get to finish. Berry thought he was trying to take the group in too far of a soul direction instead of Pop which is what Berry wanted to do.

Back