News & Mentioning unused lyrics to BAD uncovered

Beano Wild

How's Life?
Here's ANOTHER THING that has gone unnoticed in the Febuary Michael Jackson leaks, there are actually unreleased lyrics to an extended 3rd verse of Bad!

"They're Tellin' Me
You're Out of Place
Gonna Track You Down
So Hide Your Face"

FxOuc4gWYAMcijN

It's a shame that BAD wasn't a double vinyl/single CD like Dangerous. It would have stopped verses like this and Smooth Criminal's cut verse from being axed, as well as the speeding up of tracks to fit onto a single vinyl.

Then Leave Me Alone could have been on the vinyl, as well as a couple of outtakes like Streetwalker or Cheater. Also the Moonwalker version of Speed Demon could've been the album version

Last edited:
It's a shame that BAD wasn't a double vinyl/single CD like Dangerous. It would have stopped verses like this and Smooth Criminal's cut verse from being axed, as well as the speeding up of tracks to fit onto a single vinyl.

Then Leave Me Alone could have been on the vinyl, as well as a couple of outtakes like Streetwalker or Cheater. Also the Moonwalker version of Speed Demon could've been the album version
Keep in mind that their aim was to sell as many 'BAD' album copies as possible, and even to surpass the sales of the 'Thriller' album.

That is why, the 'BAD' album was not released as a double vinyl album (double vinyl albums always sell harder).

About the speeding up, this actually worked for certain songs (such as, in the 'The Way You Make Me Feel') because they made them sound more radio-friendly.

Also, let's be honest about the outtakes of the 'BAD' album: none of them deserved to be on that album.

Keep in mind that their aim was to sell as many 'BAD' album copies as possible, and even to surpass the sales of the 'Thriller' album.
I'm well aware of MJ's intentions, but I'd argue that the replication of Thriller's format was his undoing for BAD. It is, of course, an exceptional album, but if he (or Quincy) had taken a couple of risks they could've paid off both artistically and commercially
That is why, the 'BAD' album was not released as a double vinyl (double vinyl albums always sell harder).
BAD was a victim of the transition between vinyl and CD I think. By the time Dangerous came out it didn't matter that it was a double vinyl because most had transitioned to CD by that point
About the speeding up, this actually worked for certain songs (such as, in the 'The Way You Make Me Feel') because they made them sound more radio-friendly.
Speeding up is fine for the single releases, which are the versions played on the radio, but personally I would've preferred it a bit slower for the album.
Also, let's be honest about the outtakes of the 'BAD' album: none of them deserved to be on that album.
Disagree. There are a couple of outtakes that are stronger than Just Good Friends

So I have to wonder if it was scrapped before recording or if it was actually recorded but just cut out in post, much like The Lady In My Lifeā€™s original 1st Chorus and 2nd Verse.

ā€œEdit for singleā€ā€¦ is it Bruceā€™s handwriting?

So I have to wonder if it was scrapped before recording or if it was actually recorded but just cut out in post, much like The Lady In My Lifeā€™s original 1st Chorus and 2nd Verse.
Honestly i think it would have been present in any of the leaked multitracks for the song if it had been recorded, hopefully i'm wrong though and it was.

Considering most songs recorded for Bad at Westlake were over 8 minutes long I would say yes.

Considering most songs recorded for Bad at Westlake were over 8 minutes long I would say yes.
God i really wish Quincy never got his hands on Bad... the only reason Dangerous had such long intros and outros and just long songs in general was because that's how MJ liked to make his music and Quincy basically never allowed it, imagine the Bad album in the same vain as Dangerous... objectively a worse album maybe, but gosh i would personally love it.

Don't forget about the 3rd verse for Get On the Floor, which a lot of people seem to forget about.

God i really wish Quincy never got his hands on Bad... the only reason Dangerous had such long intros and outros and just long songs in general was because that's how MJ liked to make his music and Quincy basically never allowed it, imagine the Bad album in the same vain as Dangerous... objectively a worse album maybe, but gosh i would personally love it.
I really wish the estate or Sony would release a SDE of Bad some day with all album tracks in their uncut length and at original speed.

Here's ANOTHER THING that has gone unnoticed in the Febuary Michael Jackson leaks, there are actually unreleased lyrics to an extended 3rd verse of Bad!

"They're Tellin' Me
You're Out of Place
Gonna Track You Down
So Hide Your Face"

FxOuc4gWYAMcijN
This came from the Brad drives?

As much as we would love longer songs, this wouldnā€™t have worked on albums. Quincy made the right choice when it came to trimming songs downā€¦..

Honestly i think it would have been present in any of the leaked multitracks for the song if it had been recorded, hopefully i'm wrong though and it was.
Not necessarily! If Iā€™m not mistaken, we have the multitracks of the album mix and the extended dance mix. We donā€™t have the untouched, complete tracks.

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s like the ā€œHuman Natureā€ multitracks, and there are alternate vocal takes and whatnot.

This is cool. I love Bad as it is buy I'm always down for hearing new unheard Mike vocals.

Maybe they cut it not only for length, but the word "face" appears later so it might have been too repetitive to use it twice?

Hope I don't drift apart, but I wonder why they couldn't do (for Bad 25) an alternate mix with Jimmy Smith's solo from the video mix. It's been left unused since and sadly we don't have the full session.

Back