[Updated] MJ Estate responds to: Jackson Family Lawyers to Screen THIS IS IT

From Description:
FEATURED FILM / Q+A

Please join us for the special showing of the film, This Is It: a compilation of interviews, rehearsals and backstage footage of Michael Jackson as he prepared for his series of sold-out shows in London. After the film, guest speakers from the Michael Jackson trial, Michael Koskoff, Bill Bloss, Carey Reilly and Alinor Sterling will hold a Q+A! Don't miss your chance for this in-depth look into the life of the legend!

Kenny Ortega | Rated PG | 111 min

So they have no additional footage as the one shown in theaters years ago in exactly the same length.
IMDB says Runtime: 111 min

The only difference is Q&A afterwards.
Is anyone here planning to attend?

Victory22;3930991 said:
I hope this milk dud of idea falls as flat as the sorry case they presented in court. The level of cheesy exploitation of MJ never ceases to amaze me.

Hope your wishes come true.

Bubs;3930973 said:
From Description:
FEATURED FILM / Q+A

Please join us for the special showing of the film, This Is It: a compilation of interviews, rehearsals and backstage footage of Michael Jackson as he prepared for his series of sold-out shows in London. After the film, guest speakers from the Michael Jackson trial, Michael Koskoff, Bill Bloss, Carey Reilly and Alinor Sterling will hold a Q+A! Don't miss your chance for this in-depth look into the life of the legend!

So they have no additional footage as the one shown in theaters years ago in exactly the same length.
IMDB says Runtime: 111 min

The only difference is Q&A afterwards.
Is anyone here planning to attend?

Q&A? Really? The only persons who can give answers to that documentary are those who were there, and those who knew what was going on with Michael, e.g., Muarry. None of the lawyers in the trial were there and cannot give an accurate account of TII. If they were able to do so, when the jurors looked at the documentary, they would believe everything the lawyers tried to imply about TII.

I am really pissed off that they are using my last visual source of Michael in action, to put their legal spin on it to make money. Sometimes I look at TII without sound just to look at Michael's dance and creativity. Then, I would put on the volume in special places like when he talks poetically about how he wants the music to sound. Anyone tried doing something like this? Now we have these attorneys trying to do a screening for $15.

I pray only 2 people attend.

So the family jackson lwyers wamt to screen this is it yet btgis is it is owned by aeg......LOL smart move lawyers :clap:

8701girl;3931178 said:
So the family jackson lwyers wamt to screen this is it yet btgis is it is owned by aeg......LOL smart move lawyers :clap:
THIS IS IT - Is NOT owned by AEG. Why do people keep saying that. MJ Estate bought the rights to the footage before the movie was made and Sony bought the rights to distribute it. It is owned by MJ Estate.

Showing this film is a very strange thing for a legal firm to do IMO.

Posted on the Bijou Theater website - Calendar
http://thebijoutheatre.com/calendar/

This is It: Presented by Koskoff, Koskoff and Bieder
When: Sun, November 24, 4pm – 7pm
Where: The Bijou Theatre (map)
Description: FEATURED FILM / Q+A

"After the film, guest speakers from the Michael Jackson trial"

Michael Jackson trial:doh: :no:

Nice to see how many more ways they can use Michael's name to promote their own agenda:puke:

Petrarose;3931176 said:
Q&A? Really? The only persons who can give answers to that documentary are those who were there, and those who knew what was going on with Michael, e.g., Muarry. None of the lawyers in the trial were there and cannot give an accurate account of TII. If they were able to do so, when the jurors looked at the documentary, they would believe everything the lawyers tried to imply about TII.

I am really pissed off that they are using my last visual source of Michael in action, to put their legal spin on it to make money. Sometimes I look at TII without sound just to look at Michael's dance and creativity. Then, I would put on the volume in special places like when he talks poetically about how he wants the music to sound. Anyone tried doing something like this? Now we have these attorneys trying to do a screening for $15.

I pray only 2 people attend.

Yep! Only 2 two people and I hope the two are the lawyers who came up with this BS and no more.

So this is going to happen later today. Maybe I should buy some TII DVD's, go to the door of the cinema, hand it to the potential viewers, give them each a free copy and then tell them to go home and watch it.
QUESTION: since they are using this film and charging a fee, did they have to get permission from the distributor to do this? Can I take a movie like Gone in the Wind, show it in a cinema and charge admittance without getting some kind of permission from the person who owns the rights?

Email from the Estate:

Hello,

We noticed a lot of fans commenting on a screening of the "This Is It" film by one of the lawyers representing Katherine Jackson in the wrongful death suit against AEG and we wanted to let everyone know that, upon first seeing the advertisements for this unauthorized event, the Estate immediately took action to insure that it was cancelled. So the fans can rest assured, it did not happen.

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Lidwinee, can I ask who/what/where will I find 'MJOnline, The Official Online Team of The MJ Estate'? All I can find is a twitter account that hasn't been used since August. Who was this email sent to? Just curious to know how you found it.

Lidwinee, can I ask who/what/where will I find 'MJOnline, The Official Online Team of The MJ Estate'? All I can find is a twitter account that hasn't been used since August. Who was this email sent to? Just curious to know how you found it.
Vera, fans can communicate with the MJonline team through twitter. They have no other website. The emails from the MJonline team are sent to MJJC representatives and other fansites and boards as well as some individual fans who have communicated with them. via the twitter account. MJJC also has a Direct MJonline contact thread we set up with them on the board, so fans can send messages to the MJonlineteam from our board which they read as well.

lidwinee;3934101 said:
Email from the Estate:

Hello,

We noticed a lot of fans commenting on a screening of the "This Is It" film by one of the lawyers representing Katherine Jackson in the wrongful death suit against AEG and we wanted to let everyone know that, upon first seeing the advertisements for this unauthorized event, the Estate immediately took action to insure that it was cancelled. So the fans can rest assured, it did not happen.

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Oh Thank you Thank you. I just saw this update and I am very glad. I can't imagine how a group of lawyers could attempt to do something like this without dotting all the "i"s and crossing all the "t"s.

I'm thinking that the attorneys wanted to show TII to whoever shows up, have them watch it and then lead a discussion afterwards in order to get the feelings of an "average" citizen (people who might be on a jury if the case is granted an appeal) toward Michael, the director, dancers, etc.

I'm thinking that the attorneys wanted to show TII to whoever shows up, have them watch it and then lead a discussion afterwards in order to get the feelings of an "average" citizen (people who might be on a jury if the case is granted an appeal) toward Michael, the director, dancers, etc.

Well whatever the plan it did not work. First, before thinking of what a jury would think, they have to create a brief that shows some legal wrong doing that would allow the justices to let the case go through. So they have a while before they start to think about a jury.

I simply think they wanted to make a quick buck off Michael and tried to do it in the disguise of answering important questions afterwards. It is laughable that they tried to do something they had no right doing. I hope they soon realize that taking that Jackson case was a bad move. They already lost TWICE--the case and their attempt to exploit Michael for $15 per head.

Hi Vera , Qbee answerred your question.

Back