Victory Tour Documentary

Interesting.

Im generally sceptical about MJ related shows and doqu produced by msm. They tend to have have special type of narrative. Would be nice to see some new footage tho.

He better have new hd footage. That's all I care about I don't trust that slime for my own reasons!

I just can't trust what he say as fact. Especially with mj not being here anymore. I do want to know what went on on that tour behind the scenes as to why they were taking separate transportation & how mad they were at each other & the ticket issue. I'll never forget the way Randall looked at Toriano when Michael said "in donating all my money to charity" I know it was more said in the car.

I think this is definitely tied in with the ‘thriller 40’ project. it’s been 38 years since the tour, and that’s not a landmark anniversary. it would be interesting to see previously unseen footage of the numbers from ‘thriller’. I’m most excited about the documentary 💜

It's time for a Victory tour release. The Jacksons were considering it back in 2017 appearently.

Such a tease! So they have it in actual film negatives.(if that is actual film roll scan. Wich means they could release in 4K.

I think this is definitely tied in with the ‘thriller 40’ project. it’s been 38 years since the tour, and that’s not a landmark anniversary. it would be interesting to see previously unseen footage of the numbers from ‘thriller’. I’m most excited about the documentary 💜
my mistake. I realise it was stated that the documentary would be part of a series on legendary concerts. still, it’s great to see Michael being recognised while performing at the peak of his powers. looking forward to it 🙂

This is what is needed. MJ was at the height of his vocal abilities here.
From what I heard it is definitely top 3. I would include his live voice circa 1969-1972 and 1977-1981.
But then I just saw him at Carson in 1974 and he sounded amazing too or in 1993 at the Clinton gala…
Hard to pick !

Live (since I think our fellow said 1984 in the same sense).
i agree. I think some of his best live vocals were between 1981-1983. here’s a few examples;
the last time that ‘never can say goodbye’ was performed
brief, yet impactful- in respects to both singing and dancing

J. Randy Taraborrelli filmed for two documentaries in the last 3 years, one went unreleased. Him saying he hasn't filmed for years is technically true, but it feels a bit misleading by way of narrative.

I am a freak because every couple of days I am living a totally normal life, having totally normal thoughts, and then suddenly this thought comes from the ether and disrupts all of my peace: wtf happened to the Victory tour documentary?

Longwinded way of asking... any updates on this?

I am a freak because every couple of days I am living a totally normal life, having totally normal thoughts, and then suddenly this thought comes from the ether and disrupts all of my peace: wtf happened to the Victory tour documentary?

Longwinded way of asking... any updates on this?
Assuming it got condensed into the Thriller 40 doc that isn’t even coming out during the relevance of it’s damn name!!

it was due for release in september, almost a year ago. it just goes to show that delays happen for all sorts of reasons (even if I don’t like them), and it’s not just the case with ‘thriller 40’. those two documentaries were made by two completely different production teams. I have faith that I will see them eventually, and I’m more excited about them than anything else💜

We're coming up on the 40th year of Victory and We Are The World. Lotta potential for both actually.

not the cnn documentary, but a (mini) documentary nonetheless. quite a bit of info was shared..

not the cnn documentary, but a (mini) documentary nonetheless. quite a bit of info was shared..
I literally just watched that video today!

also irrelevant, but i'm dying at the thumbnail and how heavily edited it is. it makes it look like michael's sneering at jermaine 😭

Back