[Video] Another Part of Me performance from Wembley DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very true that fans always wanted only Wembley concert. There's a myth that it's suppose to be 'the best performance ever'. But I would say, half-hearted, that it's (maybe) only one of the best performances. But that's what you all guys wanted. Every single petiton was about Wembley.

I understand that many of us didn't really realize, if any then which shows were filmed on 35mm or 16mm. Which were recorded on multi tracks. It wasn't that important at the time. But now it is, as we know much more. We saw Moonwalker, we saw LA 89 snippets. Estate, for sure, has better quality shows but we always asked for Wembley so here it is... We have to accept that.

But even if someone, just like me, is not satisfied with the quality, should be understood. If your opinion is opposite to mine, then let's discus it like adults. I can point some things that really annoys me and as far as I am right, why am I a worst fan? I've been waiting for BWT 2leg release as long as we all did. But I am truly disappointed with what I saw. That's all. And it's not an explenation for me, that the VHS has 25 years. My grandma has some +20 years old tapes and believe me they are in a really good condition. So I don't believe that MJ would damage his tape so badly that it would be that hard to do something good with it. Not mentionig the mistakes made during restoration process, that MJMax pointed out. He really knows what he's talking about. So before you go after me, present your arguments. I really hope we all can get along :)

Remember another thing, if they released Yokohama it would be UNEDITED and GREAT Quality ! Call me crazy but if they ever release it I would buy it :) I think the estate could maybe do what Queen did with the 25 anniversary. A double Wembley DVD ! We know they have July 15 in good quality, and they must have July 14 too. Anyone with me?

It is very true that fans always wanted only Wembley concert. There's a myth that it's suppose to be 'the best performance ever'. But I would say, half-hearted, that it's (maybe) only one of the best performances. But that's what you all guys wanted. Every single petiton was about Wembley.

I understand that many of us didn't really realize, if any then which shows were filmed on 35mm or 16mm. Which were recorded on multi tracks. It wasn't that important at the time. But now it is, as we know much more. We saw Moonwalker, we saw LA 89 snippets. Estate, for sure, has better quality shows but we always asked for Wembley so here it is... We have to accept that.

But even if someone, just like me, is not satisfied with the quality, should be understood. If your opinion is opposite to mine, then let's discus it like adults. I can point some things that really annoys me and as far as I am right, why am I a worst fan? I've been waiting for BWT 2leg release as long as we all did. But I am truly disappointed with what I saw. That's all. And it's not an explenation for me, that the VHS has 25 years. My grandma has some +20 years old tapes and believe me they are in a really good condition. So I don't believe that MJ would damage his tape so badly that it would be that hard to do something good with it. Not mentionig the mistakes made during restoration process, that MJMax pointed out. He really knows what he's talking about. So before you go after me, present your arguments. I really hope we all can get along :)

I get it that your arguments could be right from a technical point of view. But some of us are not interested in going through every frame looking for mistakes, halos and stuff like that. And I kind of feel it to be a distraction from the main topic, which is, as far as I am concerned at least, Michael's performance and the show. Instead we get pages and pages of technical talk about restoration and who is better at it. To me much of it is even off topic as the title of the thread is "APOM performance from Wembley DVD" - not "The Quality of the Wembley DVD". (And actually there is already a thread about quality:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...Wembley-concert-DVD-Quality-Discussion/page86 )

This is actually why I think these topics should be separated.

Yes for the sake of peace we need to keep quality of the DVD seperate from enjoying MJ and his perfomances.
Fans should have a place to discuss the concert and MJs perfomance without all the techi video quality talk inserted and those who wish to discuss DVD quality should have a place to discuss quality if they want.

Shortly Im creating 2 Threads -

Im creating a thread where fans can discuss Michael and his perfomance ONLY and no talk of DVD quality.

and one for those who wish to discuss the technical aspects and quality of the DVD

I'd be willing to discuss it with you :)

I think your right on many points. But whilst MJMax may know what he's talking about, don't you think the people who are paid to do this also know what they are doing? I think it is a factor that the VHS is 25 years old. It looks good for what it is, and we can't say otherwise because we haven't seen the tape (Unless Bad snippets were). I think my 24 year old VHS looks much worse than this, much worse. I just have a problem with people who make it sound like it's unwatchable, when it quite clearly isn't. And for the mistakes again, what some of these issues were unfixable? VHS tapes weren't exactly amazing back then, and they certainly aren't now. But I think they've done a good job trying to make a VHS look decent, and maintaining quality all the way through was exceptional, we all have seen VHS tapes with grey lines all over them, tracking lines etc, there were none on APOM and most of the trailer. What do you think? :)

Oh, and heres the 24 year old VHS I mentioned which you may/may not have seen :)

Watch it when WBSS starts, you can barely see him. Oh and if you don't buy it your definitely a fake fan. :p

Shortly Im creating 2 Threads
Im creating a thread where we can discuss Michael and his perfomance ONLY and no talk of DVD quality. :)

Those who wish to discuss the quality of the DVD can start their own thread and discuss that.
Woo! Looking forward to it. This is a good idea, I hope people agree with me there. :)

Remember another thing, if they released Yokohama it would be UNEDITED and GREAT Quality ! Call me crazy but if they ever release it I would buy it :) I think the estate could maybe do what Queen did with the 25 anniversary. A double Wembley DVD ! We know they have July 15 in good quality, and they must have July 14 too. Anyone with me?

My dream always was a double DVD - one show from 1st leg (be it Yokohama or something else) and one from 2nd leg. Of course, it could be Wembley July 15 and 16 as well. :p

I get it that your arguments could be right from a technical point of view. But some of us are not interested in going through every frame looking for mistakes, halos and stuff like that. And I kind of feel it to be a distraction from the main topic, which is, as far as I am concerned at least, Michael's performance and the show. Instead we get pages and pages of technical talk about restoration and who is better at it. To me much of it is even off topic as the title of the thread is "APOM performance from Wembley DVD" - not "The Quality of the Wembley DVD".

This is actually why I think these topics should be separated.

And on such response I waited. I see your point and I absolutely agree with you :) The main thing is Michael's performance that's obvious. To see MJ in his peak wich definitely was Bad Tour will be an amazing experience but keeping in mind for how long we've been waiting for such release made me think that we deserved more. I know that Branca announced (unofficialy) that more releases are to come but I truly doubt that we'll see another BWT show in the next few years. That's why I would expect the best from them :) And it's a silver anniversary of this album... 25 years! It's something really big. That's just how it should be...

My dream always was a double DVD - one show from 1st leg (be it Yokohama or something else) and one from 2nd leg. Of course, it could be Wembley July 15 and 16 as well. :p

Aren't we getting a bonus Yokohama BAD and IJCSLY performance? So are those two in high quality? and bad audio? and how about the TWYMMF performance from the night before, was that also in high quality?

It is pointless to talk about the quality, what they did right and what wrong, right now cause we STILL haven't seen the final result. those web-streams are not true to what has been done and how it looks. they are heavy compressed and altered by not only amazon, but also by fans who upload their versions without note they altered the video and fool people that way, intentional or not.

when the dvd is out, its going to be discussion about and thats ok and was to be expected.

Side-note: if you guys have bad luck, that discussion could start early, if mkgenie get's the original APOM file and uploads it next week.

keep-calm-it-s-michael-fucking-jackson.png

quality is not great, but it's better than nothing! I dream of bad tour since 25 years !!! Finally it's coming!!

I see where you are getting at. I didn't think of this. People out side of the fan community, or who don't go on the internet or just regular MJ fans that don't know a thing about the DVD, they are most likely buying it expecting its DVD quality and oh great a new concert. They probably don't even know how rare the concert is and probably expecting the quality of APOM music video,or Dirty Diana MSG or Bad LA quality. Instead they are watching a VHS version of the concert that was enhanced by "professionals". This is a official release, when they are going to think it's a boot leg or something like that. Most boot legs are like that, Nice menu's nice cover art, etc. but bad quality video (at times, depends on the bootleg and who made it and all that good stuff). Regular MJ fans or some people that aren't fans but just watching a MJ concert. This isn't DVD quality, it's VHS quality but fixed up to be exceptional. Others may think it's exceptional but most people out side won't. Also many fans are annoyed because these "pro" guys who worked on this footage didn't do a real good job. They just tried to make it look nice, but they didn't go through frames or work on it with great effort. It's annoying. We waited so long and that's what they give us? Poor work on a DVD many people are going to pay for.

I just found it a lil funny when you mentioned people outside the board and the internet and then you said that theyll be expecting Dirty Diana from MSG or Bad LA 89 quality.. i highly doubt they (people outside the web and board) has any idea how the quality of Bad LA 89 is at all.

You know at the end of the day you can remaster and rework almost anything. Nothing will be 100% good. Bucharest has been remasterd by fans and i promise if wembley blu-ray was released it would probably also be remastered by someone.

I am just going to have the time of my life. I will be sitting with snacks popocorn, soda and my home sorround system togheter with my friends and blow my whole house to the ground on the 18th! :D

I'd like to comment on what a charismatic performer Michael was! What do you see in this APOM? Just him with a microphone in black pants and white shirts and yet he creates MAGIC! I remember a thread a few months ago when someone complained about why Michael never had big, spectacular stages like Madonna or U2. And I said even back then that IMO he simply didn't need it. He was THE SHOW and he had the ability to completely mesmerize the masses just with a micro in his hand, on a simple stage. This footage completely proves that.

Someone said in a This is It special feature about Human Nature being so special because it was just Michael Jackson. No effects, backup dancers nothing. The Bad Tour is very much that for me. There wasn't that many effects, the stage was basic but the main thing was it had Michael Jackson. He was truly that good. That's why I'm looking forward to Bad 25. The new songs I haven't really thought about. I'm only thinking about seeing him smiling at his absolute peak in what is apparently one of his best ever performances, and I already have placed APOM from Wembley as one of my favourites. It's definitely better for me, than Rome and the Short film.

Quality is fine and the concert will be amazinf to finally see!

I'd like to comment on what a charismatic performer Michael was! What do you see in this APOM? Just him with a microphone in black pants and white shirts and yet he creates MAGIC! I remember a thread a few months ago when someone complained about why Michael never had big, spectacular stages like Madonna or U2. And I said even back then that IMO he simply didn't need it. He was THE SHOW and he had the ability to completely mesmerize the masses just with a micro in his hand, on a simple stage. This footage completely proves that.

Michael always needed just his loafers and slippy stage :D Oh... And white socks so everyone could see his amazing footwork :)

We don't want to have this release cause hard feeling or arguments with the members as was done earlier in this thread. So for the sake of peace we created 2 separate threads for Discussions of Wembley DVD. Where you can all discuss the aspects of the DVD that interest you most. Im sure members will be able to visit and post in both threads. Becuase even if you are unsatisfied with the quality of the DVD you may very well want to discuss how much you enjoy and love MJ's perfomances on July 16th.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...cuss-Michael-his-concert-and-performance-ONLY
Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY
This is a thread for members interested in discussing their love for Michael, his Wembley concert , his performances etc. etc. without all the techi discussions or quality of the DVD inserted. If you wish to discuss you would prefer another concert this is not the place.

Any posts discussing the quality of the DVD or preference for another concert instead will be deleted.
We have created another thread for that purpose to discuss your opinions on the quality and crtique the DVD.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...cussion-on-the-quality-of-Wembley-DVD-go-here

Enjoy your discussion :)

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...cussion-on-the-quality-of-Wembley-DVD-go-here
Wembley DVD critique /Quality - All discussion on the quality of Wembley DVD go here
This thread is for members who wish to critique the DVD and discuss the quality and technical aspects of the Wembley DVD. Pro or Con . Discuss what other Bad concerts you prefer over this release and any other critique about the DVD. Please try to keep all discussions of this nature in here so as not to derail threads created for other topical discussions of BAD25.

Any post stating quality shouldn't be critiqued or discussed will be deleted - That is the purpose of this thread
We have Wembley DVD content thread for members who do not wish to discuss quality
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...cuss-Michael-his-concert-and-performance-ONLY

Enjoy your discussion :)

This Apom thread has ran its course and is really no longer discussing the topic
So please use the other threads provided to continue your discussions.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back