Was 24 of june the last day of this is it rehearsals?

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
I just don't understand... Because, apparently, at the the end of this day, MJ and other dancers got together and and made something like goodbye conversation....And that is strange MJ did that for once, just the day before his passing...Either MJ knew he will die, either it was indeed the last rehearsal day.... or MJ alive and he just recorded it for this movie...

I've never heard that conversation happening. But June 24th was the final rehearsal of This Is It before he passed. They did three song run throughs, Dangerous, Thriller, and Earth Song with the latter two being included in the movie. Michael had arrived early in the afternoon but didn't start until 9pm on the 24th because he was doing meetings for a potential CBS special which would have integrated the Ghosts movie and the live performance of Thriller/Threatened from the show to air during the 2009 Halloween season. Obviously and sadly it didn't come to fruition. He rehearsed up until 2am on the 25th and left Staples Center and we all know the rest. But the conversation I do know that happened was the day he died where they congregated at Staples Center after the news broke which was included in the trailer and not in the final movie or in any of the special features. Hopefully the full conversation never sees the light of day because that's way too heavy for everyone involved, his family and fans.

I've never heard that conversation happening. But June 24th was the final rehearsal of This Is It before he passed. They did three song run throughs, Dangerous, Thriller, and Earth Song with the latter two being included in the movie. Michael had arrived early in the afternoon but didn't start until 9pm on the 24th because he was doing meetings for a potential CBS special which would have integrated the Ghosts movie and the live performance of Thriller/Threatened from the show to air during the 2009 Halloween season. Obviously and sadly it didn't come to fruition. He rehearsed up until 2am on the 25th and left Staples Center and we all know the rest. But the conversation I do know that happened was the day he died where they congregated at Staples Center after the news broke which was included in the trailer and not in the final movie or in any of the special features. Hopefully the full conversation never sees the light of day because that's way too heavy for everyone involved, his family and fans.

I was thinking that they actually went into early morning on the 25th but couldn't remember where I read it before.

I was thinking that they actually went into early morning on the 25th but couldn't remember where I read it before.
That's correct there's even some sneaks in the trailer, the scene where they are praying it's taken from June 25th early hours rehearsals. If you look it carefully on the net you can even find some props pics taken from those early hours.

I read they were gonna rehearse the entire show with costumes on the 25th, which is why Michael was so desperate to get some rest. I can't remember where I read this though, someone please correct this if you can.

I'm not sure if it was with costumes or not but yes they were indeed going to a full run-through of the show because most of it was done.

the 25th was set to be the first time Michael rehearsed Dirty Diana with the bed prop completed... He'd rehearsed it at the Forum but never in complete form with the prop and woman pole dancer.

so. 25th of june was going to be the first day, when they could rehearse the full show?

so... its just a coincidence? that he died right after the last rehearsal day?
It wasn't supposed to be the last rehearsal. June 25th was going to be the final run-through before they moved to the O2 for final dress rehearsals. They were all set and booked to head out to London within the last days of June 2009 into July 2009 before the first show. Obviously that didn't happen.

It wasn't supposed to be the last rehearsal. June 25th was going to be the final run-through before they moved to the O2 for final dress rehearsals. They were all set and booked to head out to London within the last days of June 2009 into July 2009 before the first show. Obviously that didn't happen.
But why then MJ and other dancers got together and and made something like goodbye conversation? i just dont understand the purpose of this?

I read they were gonna rehearse the entire show with costumes on the 25th, which is why Michael was so desperate to get some rest. I can't remember where I read this though, someone please correct this if you can.
They were going to do SC and DD with costumes and other stuff as i heard, Thriller on June 24 was the first (and last song to be performed) using the actual costumes, as you can see Michael doesn't even have his own headset on there.

That's correct there's even some sneaks in the trailer, the scene where they are praying it's taken from June 25th early hours rehearsals. If you look it carefully on the net you can even find some props pics taken from those early hours.

Several sources said that they wrapped up at 2am on the 25th that worked on the This Is It production.
Michael Jackson could not have rehearsed up until 2:00 a.m. (on the morning of 25 June 2009).

The singer left the Staples Center around 12:30 a.m. with a black robe wrapped around him, as confirmed also by his personal assistant Michael Amir Williams.

Michael Amir Williams had already telephoned Dr. Conrad Murray at 12:10 a.m. to tell him that the singer finished rehearsals and that he was about to get home.

Also, the search warrant affidavit states that Dr. Conrad Murray first gave the singer 10-milligram tablet of Valium around 1:30 a.m. in order to treat his anxiety so as to help him sleep, but it did not work.

Then, the doctor gave him the anti-anxiety drug Lorazepam intravenously at 2:00 a.m. in order again to treat his anxiety and also his persistent inability to sleep.

It wasn't the last rehearsal day, it was the last time he rehearsed because he died.
i know. i just dont understand why they made a farewell speech each other only 24 of june... or they had been doing this every time the rehearsal is end?

i know. i just dont understand why they made a farewell speech each other only 24 of june... or they had been doing this every time the rehearsal is end?
When did they make a farewell speech? The footage from June 25 where they are all in a circle and Kenny says "may that continue with him leading the way" is after they got the news that he had been sent to the hospital.

When did they make a farewell speech? The footage from June 25 where they are all in a circle and Kenny says "may that continue with him leading the way" is after they got the news that he had been sent to the hospital.
im talking about this one 10:09

The title of the video clearly says June 6th and this was simply a speech he gave, not a farewell speech.
oh.... damn. you are right. its just. i thought it was a farewell speech because it was in the end of the film "this is it"

oh.... damn. you are right. its just. i thought it was a farewell speech because it was in the end of the film "this is it"
Michael wore these clothes at the last rehearsal. Earth Song was the last song they did:
lmfbxokxujp41.jpg

Last edited:
There is no way he was still there at 2am according to the timeline in the Murray trial... Also that would be later than any other rehearsal he had done. He'd usually leave between 9pm-11:30pm... Never take accounts by people that have something to lose as pure truth just because they said it. They also said Michael Jackson did not go to rehearsal on the 18th.. Not true! There were also accounts that he got there after 9pm... Not true! It was around sun set that he left his home for rehearsal which was 15 miles away.

Back