Was For All Time made during Thriller era?

According to the official Michael Jackson Twitter account, 'For All Time' was written during the 'Thriller' album era, so the song belongs to that era.
It should have been on BOTDF.
'For All Time' is a ballad, which means that if they included it on the 'Blood On The Dance Floor' album this would have been a nonsensical move.

I wonder if FAT was an original working groove on the tape Steve sent with Human Nature

If for all time was almost on dangerous instead of gone too soon then what song got almost switched with someone put your hand out? Considering it became a promo single it must have been very close to making it.

If for all time was almost on dangerous instead of gone too soon then what song got almost switched with someone put your hand out? Considering it became a promo single it must have been very close to making it.
Jam
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
In the Closet
She Drives Me Wild
Remember the Time
Can't Let Her Get Away
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Black or White
Who Is It
Will You Be There
Gone Too Soon
Heal the World
Blood on the Dance Floor
Dangerous

Those are the songs Michael and Bruce were going through when finalizing the album but looks like Keep the Faith and Give in to Me replaced SPYHO and BOTDF.

Jam
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
In the Closet
She Drives Me Wild
Remember the Time
Can't Let Her Get Away
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Black or White
Who Is It
Will You Be There
Gone Too Soon
Heal the World
Blood on the Dance Floor
Dangerous

Those are the songs Michael and Bruce were going through when finalizing the album but looks like Keep the Faith and Give in to Me replaced SPYHO and BOTDF.
Someone should compile a playlist so we can hear how that would've flowed.

Someone should compile a playlist so we can hear how that would've flowed.

SPYHO would've been a good b-side to something like Jam or Remember the Time while BOTDF could've worked for Who Is It or Give in to Me

The fact it was from 1991 and he finished it in ...2006 onwards - makes it a really special song.

For some reason I feel that 'Blood On The Dancefloor' sounds a bit similar to 'Dangerous' and since the last one was written to match with the album title, 'BOTDF' had to pass..

This might also be the case for 'Earth Song': like 'Heal The World' had to be on the album to promote the Heal The World Foundation and the two were too similar to both be included, although 'Earth Song' is the better song imo

I still wonder why MJ included that song like we weren't going to figure it out later....he should've used Who Do You Know

Reminds me of when he said Princess Diana asked if he was going to perform Dirty Diana because that was her favorite song and he said he took it out of the show out of respect only for us to get the Wembley show and see the song wasn't removed.

For some reason I feel that 'Blood On The Dancefloor' sounds a bit similar to 'Dangerous' and since the last one was written to match with the album title, 'BOTDF' had to pass..

This might also be the case for 'Earth Song': like 'Heal The World' had to be on the album to promote the Heal The World Foundation and the two were too similar to both be included, although 'Earth Song' is the better song imo
I don’t find any of those similar.

I still wonder why MJ included that song like we weren't going to figure it out later....he should've used Who Do You Know

Reminds me of when he said Princess Diana asked if he was going to perform Dirty Diana because that was her favorite song and he said he took it out of the show out of respect only for us to get the Wembley show and see the song wasn't removed.
…to which she replied, “No, that’s my favourite!” (Paraphrasing)

Ergo, no setlist change was needed.

Teddy Riley explained that 'Blood On The Dance Floor' did not make the 'Dangerous' album because the song was not quite finished at that time (for example, there were still some vocal parts missing).

I don’t find any of those similar.
I meant generally similar in that BOTDF is also an uptempo song, with a bit of a spooky vibe and 'Earth Song' is also an anthem about the state of the world, like 'Heal The World'. Anyway, including them all on Dangerous might have been too much and so I wondered if maybe BOTDF and ES were skipped not because of their quality or state of completion, but because the song 'Dangerous' had more priority because of the title and 'Heal The World' because of the promotion of the HTW foundation

Teddy Riley explained that 'Blood On The Dance Floor' did not make the 'Dangerous' album because the song was not quite finished at that time (for example, there were still some vocal parts missing).
Thank you!

I meant generally similar in that BOTDF is also an uptempo song, with a bit of a spooky vibe and 'Earth Song' is also an anthem about the state of the world, like 'Heal The World'. Anyway, including them all on Dangerous might have been too much and so I wondered if maybe BOTDF and ES were skipped not because of their quality or state of completion, but because the song 'Dangerous' had more priority because of the title and 'Heal The World' because of the promotion of the HTW foundation
No, you're right. With many albums, the key is a good flow and a consistent angle. Blood was an outlier and pretty similar to other up-tempos on the record. I mean, it's basically the other half of Dangerous, a song about a spiritually dangerous woman; this one is a literally physically dangerous killer woman.

Meanwhile, Earth Song was basically redundant to the other anthems. Heal The World, Will You Be There, and Keep The Faith all covered those themes of uplifting.

The songs validity was proven when they were used so effectively post Dangerous; HIStory and HIStory in the Mix both.

Back