Was Michael Jackson an introvert or an extrovert?

That's a pretty good summation, imo, of being an introvert. It's not that you can't do certain things. It's more, there are certain things you HAVE to get done and you have to learn how to navigate your way around challenging situations. Michael had so many years of training to fall back on. I think that's where a lot of his skill in dealing with this comes from.
True,I again strongly agree

MJ was much more extroverted talking about his work, his music, and his interests. As we all tend to be, I think, but he was introverted during the basic talking head interview things. He never loved interviews if I remember, though maybe he got used to it overtime.

MJ was much more extroverted talking about his work, his music, and his interests. As we all tend to be, I think, but he was introverted during the basic talking head interview things.
Agreed. I think lots of performers feel uncomfortable or even dislike interviews. It's pretty artificial and intrusive. Journalists so often ask predictable questions which doesn't help.

He never loved interviews if I remember, though maybe he got used to it overtime.
I think it depends. He's very relaxed, imo, in the 1977 Molly Meldrum interview but when Molly interviews him in 1996 Michael is understandably more guarded. He doesn't seem comfortable doing the Ebony / Jet 1987 interview but comes out with some great answers. The MTV 1999 interview, I would say he's very guarded there but offers some brilliant off-the-cuff anecdotes.

Extroverted or just overall confident and therefore involved?
Introverts can also be the latter,that's why I'm asking
That's one point I was trying to make but didn't manage to tease it out. I do think that people often assume that an introvert is someone who sits in a corner with a blanket over their head. Well, OK, slight exaggeration but there are certainly misconceptions. I think you can be introvert and yet deal with certain situations quite confidently or even assertively.

There's a lot of subtle nuance in all of this. So interesting.

That's one point I was trying to make but didn't manage to tease it out. I do think that people often assume that an introvert is someone who sits in a corner with a blanket over their head. Well, OK, slight exaggeration but there are certainly misconceptions. I think you can be introvert and yet deal with certain situations quite confidently or even assertively.

There's a lot of subtle nuance in all of this. So interesting.
Truly

Idk. Seems like just semantics after a while.

I used to be INFP but I crossed over to ENFP. Now it's like 51 E, 49 I. So really some people measure pretty evenly in both categories.
I know it's off topic but what a coincidence, I am an INFP as well and also with a similar case (but when it comes to feeling and thinking):51 F and 49 T.
I think that you may be an ambivert by the way,but I could be completely wrong since I'm anything but an expert when it comes to psychology.

I know it's off topic but what a coincidence, I am an INFP as well and also with a similar case (but when it comes to feeling and thinking):51 F and 49 T.
I think that you may be an ambivert by the way,but I could be completely wrong since I'm anything but an expert when it comes to psychology.
Well see, that is just a fun coincidence lol. It became easier to talk over zoom imo.

I think that sounds like me actually. I definitely "turn it on" in certain environments, at home I'm much more introverted.

In that case maybe Michael also was?

So I guess we have to agree to disagree on this. In my adult life I went to in excess of 3,000 gigs and that's not counting the ones I went to as a teenager. And that's just the shows I went to. That's not the number of bands I saw since every gig had at least two, and often three, bands on the bill. The vast majority of bands that I saw, I didn't see significant levels of discomfort in engaging with the audience. Maybe now and again with a band right at the start of their career but, otherwise, no.

But it doesn't matter. We've had different experiences, we have a different view on this.
Yeah. I stick with what I said and I would raise it to 1400 individual gigs (usually, 1 concert = comprising of opening and main act). Most of them tend to not talk, other than announcing the odd next song. Only few entertain the audience with actually talking to the audience.

Back