Was MJ at least a little bit involved in production of 12 infamous Cascio tracks?

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
or he had nothing to do with these tracks? First of all i want to make something clear: i know. that vocal is not his. Its kinda obvious. Im asking about writing lyrics, making samples and so on. Because i searched a lot of information about that, and i got mess in my head.
1. We knew that Michael have lived in Cascio house for 3 month in 2007 (but one of the tracks was made in 2005, which is weird...), and +- he could make by that time all 12 songs (i mean at least melody and main lyrics).
2. We know that MJ sang "Water, water" on this is it rehearsals. And don't you think that its kinda weird, that we have THREE songs with name, which means water (first is H20/ dark lady, recorded 2007-2008, second is "Water", recorded in early 2009, and the last is one more called "water", recorded in 2007 in cascio house). Thats why maybe MJ was mentioning exactly the cascio track, when he sang "water, water" on this is it rehearsals? Or Cascio just brazenly stolen the name and a few lyric line from Michael song?
3. And also we know one very weird fact that Michael have never mentioned Cascio tracks in his own tracks list of song, which he was willing to release soon after this is it tour...

Last edited:
It appears that Michael Jackson was involved (at least, to some degree) in the making of these Cascio songs in 2007, in terms of writing and production.

American journalist Roger Friedman stated that there are work tapes (from those sessions) that show the singer working on these songs at the Cascios' basement at that time.

Also, Michael Jackson was actively working on new songs in 2007 for a new studio album slated for release in 2008, which means that he must have been working also on these Cascio songs.

He indeed sang a snippet of 'Water' in the 'This Is It' rehearsals, which was a song that he only recorded the chorus of it in early 2009 (this song should not be confused with the two other songs, 'H2O' and the 'Water' Cascio song).

Even before the 'This Is It' rehearsals, Michael Jackson used to sing (in an impromptu way) snippets of his previously recorded demos when he was rehearsing for his upcoming tours.

It appears that Michael Jackson was involved (at least, to some degree) in the making of these Cascio songs in 2007, in terms of writing and production.

American journalist Roger Friedman stated that there are work tapes (from those sessions) that show the singer working on these songs at the Cascios' basement at that time.

Also, Michael Jackson was actively working on new songs in 2007 for a new studio album slated for release in 2008, which means that he must have been working also on these Cascio songs.

He indeed sang a snippet of 'Water' in the 'This Is It' rehearsals, which was a song that he only recorded the chorus of it in early 2009 (this song should not be confused with the two other songs, 'H2O' and the 'Water' Cascio song).

Even before the 'This Is It' rehearsals, Michael Jackson used to sing (in an impromptu way) snippets of his previously recorded demos when he was rehearsing for his upcoming tours.
but dont you think its kinda weird, that lyrics from "water 2009" and "water 2007" almost the same:

water 2009:
It's just the water, water
Trying to take a piece of my mind
It's just the water, water
Trying to take a piece of my time

water 2007:

Heaven's like water, water
Drowning my love, it feels like
Heaven's like water, water
People leave me alone

that cant be just a coincidence. Maybe cascio's water was something like demo of water 2009? Or maybe MJ heard Cascio's water and didn like it, and therefore he created his own "water" and when MJ died, cascio took the opportunity to release his own water (which MJ probably denied to work with) under MJ name?

Back