Was MJ still sing Beat it, Thriller, Billie Jean and Man in the mirror as well as the album version (in the best conditions) during This is it?

Svis

Proud Member
I really want to hear the raw vocals of This is it. Even if it's a rehearsal, I would've loved to hear the aforementioned songs. They my favourites but didn't have a lot or even no live vocals. Now I know MJ still had all his voice as we hear in Black or White, but I wish we'd hear the rest too.

So do you think he could sing them in their OG key ?

I really want to hear the raw vocals of This is it. Even if it's a rehearsal, I would've loved to hear the aforementioned songs. They my favourites but didn't have a lot or even no live vocals. Now I know MJ still had all his voice as we hear in Black or White, but I wish we'd hear the rest too.

So do you think he could sing them in their OG key ?
Iirc, one of the earliest teasers for the film had some actual Billie Jean vocals on it, but his voice sounded somewhat strained to me.

Iirc, one of the earliest teasers for the film had some actual Billie Jean vocals on it, but his voice sounded somewhat strained to me.
There is some live vocals in TII and they sound okay, but it's hard to know on a small excerpt

Just youtube mj this is it trailer. U can hear him sing "breaking my heart now x2" & billie jean is not my lover. That's about it but..."you get the idea" & the clip where he sings don't stop til you get enough

Just youtube mj this is it trailer. U can hear him sing "breaking my heart now x2" & billie jean is not my lover. That's about it but..."you get the idea" & the clip where he sings don't stop til you get enough
You mean Sony's trailer ? I don't hear those vocals 😅

Thank you. To me the vocals are perfectly fine and even the slight "strain" could just be him adding some style not his voice straining (I hear no strain on "breaking my heart now".
They're also fine by me, but a bit strained and I don't think that was style, but each to their own I guess.

It does indeed...
I still remember looking out for any new TV spots in the hope they'd be new footage/audio.

As tragic as the circumstances were, it was exciting to see Michael and his music back at the forefront of the public conversation. That was one of few times in my lifetime I remember real buzz around Mike

I still remember looking out for any new TV spots in the hope they'd be new footage/audio.

As tragic as the circumstances were, it was exciting to see Michael and his music back at the forefront of the public conversation. That was one of few times in my lifetime I remember real buzz around Mike
Too bad it didn't last.

Back