Was "We've Had Enough" about the Iraq war?

Spaceship

Proud Member
Apparently, it was first written about the Korean protests in 1999 but was reworked and rewritten in 2003 after the Iraq war? But MJ didn't have much time on new music in 2003, did he? "I Am the Loser" was the only song recorded with complete vocals. "One More Chance" was just remixed and remastered for Number Ones.

I mean if it was written and recorded in 1999 then it obviously wasn't about the war

We've Had Enough was not about the 2003-2011 Iraq War, it was about the Kosovo war from 1998-1999 Kosovo War. We've Had Enough is a reworked version of the early demo called Stop The War that was first written by Carol Bayer Sager and Michael himself in 1999 for the Invincible album. It later evolved into We've Had Enough in 2000 which included Rodney Jerkins and Lashawn Daniels coming into production, but the song failed to make the Invincible album. We've Had Enough was finally mastered in 2003 for the Ultimate Collection (which is the version of We've Had Enough you would hear in the Ultimate Collection).

I always thought ''weve had enough'' was bout 2005 trial

Then you need to listen to the lyrics more carefully. Besides, it was written in 1999.
oh ok like i thought it was like michael and his family saying they had enough of the shit they went through cuz of the media

oh ok like i thought it was like michael and his family saying they had enough of the shit they went through cuz of the media
According to rumours, this was originally the theme of that song, which was also meant as a duet with Janet Jackson (a sequel to the 'Scream' duet song).

Later, the theme changed and it became about broader social issues (such as, war).

According to rumours, this was originally the theme of that song, which was also meant as a duet with Janet Jackson (a sequel to the 'Scream' duet song).

Later, the theme changed and it became about broader social issues (such as, war).
Another duet with janet...awwww man that wouldve been outta this world

Don't know if that is true or not but suddenly I do hear a similarity with Scream lol

I know there is a song that Michael and Janet did around 2005 that is a sequel to Scream but failed to make it to one of Janet's albums. What I know about the sequel to Scream is that We've Had Enough has no connection whatsoever.
Scream is mainly about the press and tabloids posting lies on Michael, and his response to the first accusations against him in 1993 where he was forced to settle out if court and $25 million. You can also hear his stress and anger in the song and Janet adding to it.
We've Had Enough is about families suffering and innocent people dying in despair because of a war that is going on, but what Michael was really trying to do was raise awareness about the war (which is known to be the Kosovo War) and speak out our voices about this that we've had enough.

What I know about the sequel to Scream is that We've Had Enough has no connection whatsoever.
Scream is mainly about the press and tabloids posting lies on Michael, and his response to the first accusations against him in 1993 where he was forced to settle out if court and $25 million. You can also hear his stress and anger in the song and Janet adding to it.
We've Had Enough is about families suffering and innocent people dying in despair because of a war that is going on, but what Michael was really trying to do was raise awareness about the war (which is known to be the Kosovo War) and speak out our voices about this that we've had enough.
I am talking about the original version of 'We've Had Enough' that, according to rumours, was meant as a duet with Janet Jackson and it originally had a lyrical theme (mistreatment of the Jackson family by the media) which was very similar to the 'Scream' duet song.
I know there is a song that Michael and Janet did around 2005 that is a sequel to Scream but failed to make it to one of Janet's albums.
This was the so-called 'Destruction' duet, but its existence has never been officially confirmed.

I am talking about the original version of 'We've Had Enough' that, according to rumours, was meant as a duet with Janet Jackson and it originally had a lyrical theme (mistreatment of the Jackson family by the media) which was very similar to the 'Scream' duet song.

This was the so-called 'Destruction' duet, but its existence has never been officially confirmed.
Can you provide a source for these claims, please?

Can you provide a source for these claims, please?
About 'We've Had Enough', one of the sources is the 'For The Record' book by Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead.

"['We've Had Enough' was] originally rumoured to be a duet by Michael with sister Janet, about the way the media mistreated Michael and his family" ('For The Record' book)

'Destruction' (as a duet with Janet Jackson) has been mentioned over the years by Michael Jackson fans on various websites.
I wonder did they record it? hell i dont care if its a demo i wanna hear it!
They did not record it, especially considering that Janet Jackson (after 'Scream') did not express any desire to record another duet with her brother Michael Jackson.

About 'We've Had Enough', one of the sources is the 'For The Record' book by Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead.

"['We've Had Enough' was] originally rumoured to be a duet by Michael with sister Janet, about the way the media mistreated Michael and his family" ('For The Record' book)

'Destruction' (as a duet with Janet Jackson) has been mentioned over the years by Michael Jackson fans on various websites.

They did not record it, especially considering that Janet Jackson (after 'Scream') did not express any desire to record another duet with her brother Michael Jackson.
Thank you.

About We’ve Had Enough, the key word is “rumoured”.

See thats what i thought ''weve had enough'' was bout

I don't know if Janet ever had to do anything with We've Had Enough, since back then there were lots of people spreading rumors about Michaels unreleased songs that are mostly from 1998-2009. Many of these rumors are unconfirmed by people who worked with Michael. The book could also be talking about another song and not "We've Had Enough". I don't have enough information about "We've Had Enough", but I'll see if Darkchild has some information about this song since he was one of the writers for the song and has possession of the demos (which he leaked a very short snippet of in 2020).

I don't think it's about any particular war, instead of being about ALL wars.
Yet I think he might have written it with the 'inspiration' to the Golf, or maybe Yugoslavia wars in the 90s...
But that's only speculation on my part 🤷‍♂️

Back