Were Wembley '92 and Buenos Aires '93 best shows from Dangerous Tour?

Some fan shots are fine, but when I am watching a Michael Jackson concert, the last thing I am interested in seeing is overly emotional fans crying and fainting, which I find really pathetic. Some of the shots are fine, but Bucharest went overboard.

Some fan shots are fine, but when I am watching a Michael Jackson concert, the last thing I am interested in seeing is overly emotional fans crying and fainting, which I find really pathetic. Some of the shots are fine, but Bucharest went overboard.

Pathetic perhaps but powerful, when I was at a HIStory tour concert I stood at a medical tent and I was simply intrigued by all the people being carried in. It gave me goosebumps for some reason lol. I also particularly remember MJ removing his helmet, the roar I heard that day shattered my ears, it was amazing to experience such mayhem.
I particularly love the shots of the crowd jumping or singing

I don't find that pathetic at all. For some people it's too overwhelming to see their idol. I was the same way every time I saw him. Well, I didn't faint, but I sure did cry and scream a lot. Each time was as overwhelming as the previous time. What's so pathetic about that?

Did you ever see MJ live?

Michaels Lover;4296786 said:
I don't find that pathetic at all. For some people it's too overwhelming to see their idol. I was the same way every time I saw him. Well, I didn't faint, but I sure did cry and scream a lot. Each time was as overwhelming as the previous time. What's so pathetic about that?

Agreed. If you were never there it’s hard to explain or translate into a video on YouTube

Hmm I'm probably the only one who is rather fond of all the fan shots in Bucharest. I love watching people who are total in their own world during a concert and MJ concerts tend to have a lot of those

I think they added too much when editing it. Some of them are not even from that concert. Some might even be from Bad Tour. There was one fan that can be seen in Another Part of Me music video if I remember right.

You are wrong or you aren't using the right terms. Every concert is on tape not film. Bad Tour concerts for example were shot on u-matic tapes. Similar to vhs. The video that was shown on the big screens was recorded on a tape. Estate should have most of them. Only some concerts were shot on 35mm film. Like movies. Those could be released in HD on Blu-Ray if they found all the film reels.

Yes, sorry for misunderstanding. But it's always the same matter:
a) each show was filmed AT LEAST on U-matic tapes. 1 tape from each Camera on/off stage.
b) each show was streamed on Jumbotrons ("final" VHS of the show, like Wembley88)

Estate could not have ALL tapes/films from ONE concert (in order to edit it) [that's why we have only SOME HD shots, like Bad25 doc]
OR
they could not have the final vhs (Jumbotrons) for one single show
[that's why we're getting only Wembley88 (poor quality, from "final" VHS) or Rome/Tokyo from various leaks]

It's a very big mess. Estate needs seriously a professional archivist team.
As I know, some U-Matic/Films were stocked in some rent-storage deposits all over USA. Only Michael and his previous managers knew the exact locations.
After Michael's death, storage was not renewed and -as required by law- all content was thrown away by owners, in order to free the storage.

We could have lost all forever...

I also particularly remember MJ removing his helmet, the roar I heard that day shattered my ears, it was amazing to experience such mayhem.

Yes! I've been fortunate to attend many gigs in my life so far, and I've seen some seriously major artists. The only time I remember a noise quite so deafening as the one I heard when Michael kicked open the spaceship door in 1997 was George Michael's return to the stage in the mid 2000s.

Pathetic perhaps but powerful, when I was at a HIStory tour concert I stood at a medical tent and I was simply intrigued by all the people being carried in. It gave me goosebumps for some reason lol. I also particularly remember MJ removing his helmet, the roar I heard that day shattered my ears, it was amazing to experience such mayhem.
I particularly love the shots of the crowd jumping or singing

But when I am watching a Michael Jackson concert, I am only interested in seeing him perform. Seeing crowd shots of overly emotional fans take away from my experience and immersion.

And besides why would you spend your money to buy tickets, only to faint and spend all of your time at the medical tent? I am someone who doesn't believe in putting anyone on a pedestal, especially a celebrity who I don't know on a personal level. So when I see fans crying, screaming and fainting at concerts (Not exclusive to MJ), I shake my head and say "pathetic." But that's just me.

Any performance from BAD tour could convinse anybody that MJ had it on stage...

Yokohama - Shake Your Body Down To The Ground - Human Nature, BJ, Thriller sung live.

The Another Part of me music video - even though it is put together from different shows - amazing video. The clipping/editing makes it so full of energy and a perfect live performance.

Any performance from BAD tour could convinse anybody that MJ had it on stage...

Yokohama - Shake Your Body Down To The Ground - Human Nature, BJ, Thriller sung live.

The Another Part of me music video - even though it is put together from different shows - amazing video. The clipping/editing makes it so full of energy and a perfect live performance.

Yeah, live performance is about laying bare and giving you're all, it's about being alive in that moment.

It's not about planning in advance, to hide certain things, to give a false impression. Particularly when you're a singer, and you choose to pretend you are singing, when you aren't.

There's so much in Yokohama that has that raw energy...even Lovely One for me is a highlight. When we get to that call and response breakdown section it's everything. Michael leaves nothing off that stage. Nothing.

Michaels Lover;4296904 said:
I don't think anyone plans on fainting or spending time at the medical tent

Lol this made me laugh. It was just different being in the crowd. Hard to explain it to someone who wasn’t there I guess

ChrisC;4296893 said:
Yeah, live performance is about laying bare and giving you're all, it's about being alive in that moment.

It's not about planning in advance, to hide certain things, to give a false impression. Particularly when you're a singer, and you choose to pretend you are singing, when you aren't.

There's so much in Yokohama that has that raw energy...even Lovely One for me is a highlight. When we get to that call and response breakdown section it's everything. Michael leaves nothing off that stage. Nothing.

Yes I don’t disagree with you but there are exceptions such as Jam and Dangerous. I don’t subscribe to the idea that just because there weren’t any live vocals that automatically meant that MJ didn’t give his all.

Last edited:
Back