What 1979 concert is this footage from?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
It seems the same concert that was used for the Off the Wall doc? I love every piece of footage here. The energy, the happiness, the wild crowd. This is the concert I wanna see in full! I hope this was filmed, more than what we see here. It’s a must, peak peak peak Michael!

Also please see young Michael dancing on The love you save in the beginning. Awesome Moves!

Watched bits and pieces, the camerawork is awful but DSTYGD and SYBDTTG are awesome. Michael looks very classy with his costume, his voice sounds good and clear, the band is playing fantastic, background vocals are spot on.
Unfortunately most of the dancing remains un filmed or badly filmed but the energy was palpable. This must have been an amazing concert to witness from the front row. I love it when crowds are that close to the stage, it gives the show an epic and raw atmosphere.

Who ever filmed this was truly awful but I remain optimistic there is better footage of the Destiny tour out there.

November 8th, 1979 at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. This footage was not used in the "Off the Wall" Documentary iirc (unless maybe a small bit was), instead footage from Oakland & Inglewood were used in it.

This footage was filmed on film, which means that an HD transfer is possible (and HD clips from this show surfaced over the years)

Last edited:
London concert on 23rd February came out on VHS. I'd be happy with a DVD release.

Back