What albums are currently in your playlist?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
Hackney Diamonds. - The Rolling Stones
Lovesexy - Prince
Angel Face - Stephen Sanchez
The Full Moon Project - Phosphorescent
Short Eyes - Curtis Mayfield
Trouble - Ray Lamontagne

@wendijane

inject life into this thread 🤩
oh boy! It'll be a tsunami, lol. You won't know what's hit you. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

powerful-large-ocean-wave.jpg

Meanwhile, I don't really do albums but I am sporadically dipping into songs from Olivia Rodrigo. I'm not keen on her vocals. She's got one of those voices with a lot of sibilance in it and I don't like that. Her voice is fine, she can sing. It's just that particular characteristic that doesn't Wow! me. But she does good lyrics, she tells a good story. I like her attitude. She's done 2 albums (no idea, f&m, if you already know all of this) and she's won 3 Grammy's. Sour came out in 2021, the new album Guts just came out last month. I'm drifting back and forth between the two. She likes to swear in her lyrics and, idk why, but everyone insists on making such a big deal out of that which is annoying. Oh wow! Young, pretty girl uses the F-word. Get real, people!

Her videos are too much for me. They are ... um, kinda full on. I haven't watched one all the way through. Let's just say she uses stunt doubles for her videos!

One song I've been listening to lately is 1step forward3stepsback. I think this is the one where she got accused of plagiarising Taylor Swift and ended up having to give her a writing credit. Or something. Anyway, here's a typical lyric from Olivia:

"You got me fucked up in the head, boy"

Obviously, she doesn't deliver that line the way Courtney Love would have done or Sinead O'Connor or the Riot Grrrls or even Siouxsie Sue. But maybe the impact is greater for coming out of such a quiet song?

Olivia Rodrigo is 20 years old.

Did not even bloody know i was being summoned here :ROFLMAO: no comment nothing is in my playlist !
i shall go to the grave with that play list o mine :ROFLMAO:

Did not even bloody know i was being summoned here :ROFLMAO: no comment nothing is in my playlist !
Atta girl!

i shall go to the grave with that play list o mine :ROFLMAO:
Actually, that's a serious point. I don't really want to share all the stuff I listen to. That would be weird. Don't know if you're joking, wend, or semi-serious or completely serious but I am totally up with this.

I have chosen my funeral song and I want everyone who decides to attend it to listen to the full 15 min

Back