What are you doing this very second?

It's going slowly. Didn't use it yesterday. It sits there like an art installation, lol. Today, in theory, is Toast day but also, possibly making scones. My brain is all Tik Tokked out so stuff I was meant to get out of the freezer, ready for the next experiment, is still in the freakin' freezer. So it's going great, lol. :D

Since Tik Tok now controls my brain I have been listening to Chicago endlessly.

<what that means is, I've listened to Chicago exactly twice, lol>
Art installation aha:LOL: oh , that bites ! lol terrible joke sorry
ooooh scones ! My toaster just sits. haven't even got it out the box, its that bad lol

I dont use tik tok , but ive just goolged that and ooh the kids love it . Michael sped up or wait not B;lake Aaron?
listening to Al Capone now!

i was looking at that and i clicked tabs to come back and write here , came back to the vid , and was like . right - he just moved ..well i swear he was positioned differently! had me going for a moment hahaha ! lol

Last edited:
Is it gory, though? I had to give up watching CSI back in the day. Too explicit for me, lol. I could cope with NCIS / NCIS LA bc it wasn't so explicit and focused more on the humour.
It just depends, NCIS and CSI are really just over fantasized, not all of that is real. But depending the area of interest, whether law enforcement or medical/scientific aspects it goes hand in hand, and yet in these fields we have a dark humor to cope with stress and all, but it's apart of being a first responder in public safety.

Yet it is quite fascinating of how things go through process and whatnot, particularly my volunteering at the medical examiner's office it can be daunting and gross, because there can be various causes of death, whether it's natural or not; especially the stages one goes through after.

(forgive me if its TMI lol I'm a nerd lol I learn alot!) :ROFLMAO:

It just depends, NCIS and CSI are really just over fantasized, not all of that is real.
Oh, I get that. I'm a sucker for all of that but, of course, I know it's bonkers. The speed at which they get stuff done! Bonkers!

But depending the area of interest, whether law enforcement or medical/scientific aspects it goes hand in hand, and yet in these fields we have a dark humor to cope with stress and all,
The dark humour is essential, imo. You'd go mad otherwise. I don't think medical peeps or emergency peeps should ever feel obliged to apologise for the dark humour. How else do you cope?

but it's apart of being a first responder in public safety.
Exactly so.
Yet it is quite fascinating of how things go through process and whatnot,
It is. I think that's why CSI and NCIS etc are / were so popular. Even allowing for all the fictional exaggeration or whatever.

particularly my volunteering at the medical examiner's office it can be daunting and gross, because there can be various causes of death, whether it's natural or not; especially the stages one goes through after.
I can't read much crime fiction these days. Same reason. So much of it now is too explicit. Can't cope. But I still read bits here and there. It's the process that's so fascinating. Police procedurals nowadays are badly written, imo, bc they go into WAY too much tedious detail. But when it's properly done, a procedural (sp?) approach is awesome.

(forgive me if its TMI lol I'm a nerd lol I learn alot!) :ROFLMAO:
No, it was totally cool.

@zinniabooklover Oh I have come across a few interesting reads lately relating to those fields... One of them was called "All That Remains" by Sue Black, she's a internationally renowned forensic anthropologist & human anatomist, it's like a memoir she wrote. Another one was called "Conan Doyle for the Defense" by Margalit Fox. Really fascinating stuff 🤔

@zinniabooklover Oh I have come across a few interesting reads lately relating to those fields... One of them was called "All That Remains" by Sue Black, she's a internationally renowned forensic anthropologist & human anatomist, it's like a memoir she wrote. Another one was called "Conan Doyle for the Defense" by Margalit Fox. Really fascinating stuff 🤔
Oh, Sue Black is weird. I've read a few interviews with her. She seems like she should be my kind of person but she really isn't. Plus, how gory is this thing? I really can't go there. You have no idea how much of a wimp I am, lol. 😱

I might look out for the other one. Haven't heard of that. Sounds interesting.

Oh, Sue Black is weird. I've read a few interviews with her. She seems like she should be my kind of person but she really isn't. Plus, how gory is this thing? I really can't go there. You have no idea how much of a wimp I am, lol. 😱

I might look out for the other one. Haven't heard of that. Sounds interesting.
There is some of that dark humour in her book of course, it can be a bit gruesome but she talks about the many faces of death and what it has taught her throughout her career. From the labs to burial sites, and other areas, it goes into the realms of what happened, why, and the solutions to them and the fear of death itself, also going into how forensic science has developed.

Yeah that other book was an interesting read as well, I was reading it over again lol

There is some of that dark humour in her book of course,
I can cope with the humour. I'm fine with that ...

it can be a bit gruesome
... it's this bit. I could give you an example of what I mean but I'd trigger myself, lol. In fact, I already have. Since we had this conversation I now have a particular episode of CSI in my head. Can't remember which series, don't wanna describe it. Involves Sara, she's triggered by the case she's working on. We're talking years since I saw it and it still comes back every now and then.

Gah!

but she talks about the many faces of death and what it has taught her throughout her career.
You see, I think that all sounds interesting. She's touched on this in interviews I've read.

From the labs to burial sites, and other areas, it goes into the realms of what happened,
well, exactly. I don't wanna go there. I don't wanna know what happened. Aaarrggghhh!!!!!!!

why, and the solutions to them and the fear of death itself,
which all sounds amazing

also going into how forensic science has developed.
Fab. This is why we all love those tv programmes even though they are mad.

Yeah that other book was an interesting read as well, I was reading it over again lol
Uh huh. Might go and look her up. I know nothing about her.

screaming! 20+ notifications, but not able to read because stupid life comes in the way
giphy.gif

Turn of notifications, problem solved. 🤩
But you are a mod you can’t, it is hell! Notice how I didn’t tag you hiker because I am empathic, I don’t want you to think I wrote something hugely important that you have to read!

Anyway on topic: i’m going to walk the dog in a minute or he is going to walk with me, he tends to be bossy and I’m a whimp, he calls the shots.

But you are a mod you can’t, it is hell! Notice how I didn’t tag you hiker because I am empathic, I don’t want you to think I wrote something hugely important that you have to read!
oh how very considerate of you! Otherwise I would have to drop everything and rush here to see why I was being summoned!

gonna go work out and then catch up on notifications :ROFLMAO:
I got inspired to go to gym today, yay! Have not been in months.

Now catching up on notifications for last couple of hours. Down to 6 now.

Back