What do you guys think the chances of getting a 50th anniversary album for "Off The Wall" is?

BadAtGames42749

The one, and only, Le Sha'mone!
Country
United-States
I, personally, think there is a smaller, yet great enough, chance of getting that album in 2029. I feel the same about maybe a "Dangerous 40th" anniversary album. But, I want to hear what all of you have to say about it! Also, if there has been any news regarding any more anniversary albums I have not heard about, forgive me. Lol.

It's 5 years from now... It is not worth debating this yet lol
But to give an answer I think we will get a celebration for one of the most legendary albums of all time, I have no doubt.
That's all I wanted to hear! (Yes, I was conflicted about asking this now since there is 5.5 years left.)

thread added to the schedule

Dangerous needs a documentary directed by us! We complain so much about the estate but...why not just make a real hq documentary about dangerous. It's more informative information about mj in this forum than anywhere in the planet...other than the estate who is pretty clueless to alot & I think they don't care because they're are old af. They were around the man...they could careless. We love him. They loved what he could do for him. So we should do something for Michael to commemorate dangerous, history & Invincible. Time to stop complaining & make a change!

If anything, I’d like a proper documentary for Off the Wall. I don’t care for that album, but it absolutely deserves better than the pitiful excuse Spike did.

I think we will get something for Off The Wall 50 but dont expect it to be any more impressive than Thriller 40. I expect anniversary re-releases of OTW, Thriller and BAD but the Estate do their best not to acknowledge anything he did post 1990.
The difference is that this would be a 50th year celebration and it is a legendary critically acclaimed album. Look up any large all time list and you will find the album
Included. They simply can’t let this pass up.

Speaking of Off The Wall, in 2015 MJBeats had leaked a trailer for OTW 35, hinting at the presence of unreleased tracks and, iirc, also showing a never-before-seen interview video. It was also constantly blocked on YouTube and Facebook, now there is no trace of it on the web.

I wonder: has it been confirmed that it was a fake?

Speaking of Off The Wall, in 2015 MJBeats had leaked a trailer for OTW 35, hinting at the presence of unreleased tracks and, iirc, also showing a never-before-seen interview video. It was also constantly blocked on YouTube and Facebook, now there is no trace of it on the web.

I wonder: has it been confirmed that it was a fake?
MJCast episode 16 talked about this. The trailer was leaked, appeared to be a pro job and was shared across platforms. Within 24 hours Sony issued take down notices and the thing disappeared from the internet. It was quickly followed by a "mock" trailer that criticised previous estate releases.

On another note, prior to the "This is It" announcement at the 02, Michaeljackson.com had been given an Off the Wall theming with brick skins that were very obviously pointing to an Off the Wall release. Ultimately shelved with the This is Is announcement, it would appear that Sony had been planning a reissue for several years.

(It must take a long time to decide on the colour of chalk)!

Back