What I think would change if Michael was never accused

Svis

Proud Member
My opinion is that the DWT would've been longer (for sure) and may have gone to North America which would've made sense to me, maybe around 100 concerts in total (knowing that there would've been 88 in total if it wasn't for the allegations) ? The tour would be the peak tour of his career, or at least as great as the BWT.

He would've been way happier for sure, some songs wouldn't have been written, the HIStory album would've sold more and maybe Invincible too ? The Invincible tour would've happened and This is it may have not happened or at least later. I think he would lip sync less due to better health. But most importantly he wouldn't have died at 50. He would've gotten better sleep too.

I will post more if I come up with other thoughts

He would've been way happier for sure, some songs wouldn't have been written, the HIStory album would've sold more
honestly, i'm sure at least 2/3rds of the HIStory album wouldn't even exist! because the majority of the themes on HIStory revolve around the allegations in some way or another, especially songs like Money, This Time Around, Scream, etc.

also, i think that HIStory would have a different NAME even. because the reason the first three letters are capitalized is to make it look like "his story", where the album revolves around literal history and HIS VERSION OF THE STORY (on the allegations).

honestly, i'm sure at least 2/3rds of the HIStory album wouldn't even exist! because the majority of the themes on HIStory revolve around the allegations in some way or another, especially songs like Money, This Time Around, Scream, etc.

also, i think that HIStory would have a different NAME even. because the reason the first three letters are capitalized is to make it look like "his story", where the album revolves around literal history and HIS VERSION OF THE STORY (on the allegations).
True, no Scream, no Tabloid Junkie, no D.S (more like T.S)... It would've been something else, probably not even a double album...aybe it wouldn't have happened at all and Invincible would've been the next (maybe a bit earlier like 1999)

I
My opinion is that the DWT would've been longer (for sure) and may have gone to North America which would've made sense to me, maybe around 100 concerts in total (knowing that there would've been 88 in total if it wasn't for the allegations) ? The tour would be the peak tour of his career, or at least as great as the BWT.
If Michael would’ve performed his Dangerous Tour in North America, he would’ve performed in Canada the first time since the Victory Tour in 1984. He would’ve performed in Canadian cities like Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax, Quebec City, Winnipeg, Edmonton Calgary and even Vancouver.

Cats Don't Dance would've been released with Michael Jackson instead of being a celebrity-less movie, he would've most likely released that Greatest Hits album rather than the HIStory album, his reputation obviously wouldn't have been stained, he wouldn't have gotten an addiction to painkillers meaning he would still be alive today, the latter half of 1993 would've been like the first half (where Michael was on top of the world again after being knocked down by Nirvana last year), his film career would've taken off, etc. and etc.

It's interesting how much of a domino effect Evan Chandler's failed extortion attempt-turned-false allegations had on Mike's life. It's really the modern textbook definition of "for want of a nail."

Cats Don't Dance would've been released with Michael Jackson instead of being a celebrity-less movie, he would've most likely released that Greatest Hits album rather than the HIStory album, his reputation obviously wouldn't have been stained, he wouldn't have gotten an addiction to painkillers meaning he would still be alive today, the latter half of 1993 would've been like the first half (where Michael was on top of the world again after being knocked down by Nirvana last year), his film career would've taken off, etc. and etc.

It's interesting how much of a domino effect Evan Chandler's failed extortion attempt-turned-false allegations had on Mike's life. It's really the modern textbook definition of "for want of a nail."
Idk, some of this was because of the Pepsi incident. The painkillers at least right?

Idk, some of this was because of the Pepsi incident. The painkillers at least right?
Yeah. The painkillers were because of that, but "This Is It" wouldn't have happened had the two allegations not occured. Remember, it was an attempt at getting the public's favor back four years after the trial as well as a saving net for his endless spending that caught up with him because he hadn't released an album or toured in years.

I think an album would still have come out in 1995....but without the 1st set of allegations, HIStory would have been vastly different. Some of those tracks probably would still appear. TDCAU and Earth song were all started to be written and early recordings around Decade/Dangerous was starting to be worked on.

I think Scream would have still come out. His beef with the media was well before 93 allegations came out. I can see maybe a handful of HIStory tracks, with the BOTDF tracks and maybe a couple more Dangerous outtakes making an album in 95.

I think an album would still have come out in 1995....but without the 1st set of allegations, HIStory would have been vastly different. Some of those tracks probably would still appear. TDCAU and Earth song were all started to be written and early recordings around Decade/Dangerous was starting to be worked on.

I think Scream would have still come out. His beef with the media was well before 93 allegations came out. I can see maybe a handful of HIStory tracks, with the BOTDF tracks and maybe a couple more Dangerous outtakes making an album in 95.
Morphine definitely wouldn't exist.

I think the name 'History' could still be relevant without the allegations since the album is not a protest album (which I think is a missed opportunity btw), it's about his life story in general; it's the 'Decade' idea of a greatest hits compilation, with new songs that explain his character and life. Yes 'History' as it is, is also about the allegations, but, except for 'D.S.', MJ wrote similar 'angry' non-specific songs already before about tabloids, money etc.

Last edited:
It's hard to say because the 93 allegations had a devastating and lasting effect on Mike's life and career, unfortunately they really coloured a lot of his remaining 16 years.

It's horrendous what happened to him, but Michael did the ultimate with his talent and poured his soul into his music.
That will live forever

Yeah. The painkillers were because of that, but "This Is It" wouldn't have happened had the two allegations not occured. Remember, it was an attempt at getting the public's favor back four years after the trial as well as a saving net for his endless spending that caught up with him because he hadn't released an album or toured in years.
I'm mostly speaking on the painkillers

He would've been way happier for sure, some songs wouldn't have been written, the HIStory album would've sold more and maybe Invincible too ? The Invincible tour would've happened and This is it may have not happened or at least later. I think he would lip sync less due to better health. But most importantly he wouldn't have died at 50. He would've gotten better sleep too.

I will post more if I come up with other thoughts
The impact of any changes to his tour, albums, or health would be highly speculative. Michael Jackson was an immensely talented and influential artist, and his legacy is based on the body of work he created during his lifetime. It's important to appreciate and celebrate his artistic contributions while remembering that the course of events cannot be altered.

I, too, think that HIStory would’ve happened. The media and people in general were evil long before 1993.

The only song that wouldn’t be on there is D.S. (at least not with the lyrics we’ve come to know).

Edit: Lapsus correction.

Last edited:
now people are also angry as I see
but they try to hide it because they are afraid that they will be canceled and they are afraid of negative attention to themselves. Although I am a true fan of Michael Jackson's work, if he were alive now, "loud headlines" would be written about him, and I think that these would be not only good and exciting stories. People would look for "dirty laundry" in his life because for some reason everyone is interested in discussing it

Some of the changes that would have happened (if Michael Jackson was not accused of child sexual abuse accusations) are these:

He would have continued to represent and promote Pepsi products (because Pepsi abruptly ended the contract with him because of the 1993 accusations).

Certain short film projects would have come to fruition (such as, the 15-minute short film starring Michael Jackson which was planned to promote the new 'Addams Family Values' film).

But the 'Ghosts' short film would not have existed because 'Ghosts' later took the place of the above cancelled 15-minute short film.

The 'HIStory' album would have been released in an entirely different, and less grandiose way (for example, the album booklet would not have been saddled with all these praising quotes about him).

The 1995 'HBO One Night Only' shows would not have been planned (because they were meant to reintroduce him to his American audience after those very serious accusations against him).

The 'Blood On The Dance Floor' album also would have been released but with entirely different new songs (for example, 'Morphine' would not have been recorded and it would not have been included on the album).

The 'This Is It' shows would have been planned regardless of the 1993/2003 accusations because these shows had to do with the fact that the singer used to be generally a big spender and he would have still been in need of money (from those shows) in 2009/2010.

I think the song "Faces" would definitely be developed farther along.

What would a scandal free 90s bode for the coming mp3 era of leaks and bootlegging?

He would be undoubtedly the most influential and iconic music artist ever. The respect the world would have for him would be off the scale.

This legend that the world has grown up watching.

His music would be celebrated everywhere and the only controversies would be about his skin colour and plastic surgery.

The funny thing is that to millions of people he is already all of the above.

I do think he'd have pursued more film projects, which if I'm honest I would have been disappointed but supported never the less

I assume he would still be alive. A higher chance

What would have happened most likely?: His scenes in Addams Family Values would have been released, "Dangerous" song would have been released as a single with a music video. Who Is It music video would have been completed, Scramble Training arcade would have been more widespread. Dangerous Tour would have landed on US borders in "Puerto Rico" and more dates would have been added, maybe possibly with US dates on mainland (keep in mind in early 1993, MJ was doing a huge PR push in the US and it worked, sales for Dangerous rose) Pepsi Dangerous Tour partnership would have lasted longer.

Songs that were created pre allegations (that were released later) that would still exist in some form such as: Blood on the Dance Floor, Earth Song, Superfly Sister, Is It Scary (Addam's Family)

Things that would not exist: Most of HIStory album (although the double disc format if I am correct, was talked about with "Decade" which was pre allegations) Some BOTD songs, Butterfly effect Paris Prince Bigi.

?: MJ's and Lisa Marie Presley's marriage might have been/not? I recall reading that they actually were talking before the allegations broke, there is a pic of him and Lisa in 1992. When the allegations broke out, they bonded/confided and got close, but we don't know if they would have eventually been close without the allegations.

Things get murky and unpredictable past the mid 90's, We don't know what was on his mind, in early 1993 on what his road map would be by the year 2000. We know that MJ was in a contract with Sony, for a number of upcoming albums.

If I am wrong on any of this stuff, please feel free to correct me.

I wish the '93 allegations never happened to him.

Dangerous would have definitely surpassed the BAD album in units sold, and just like many already mentioned, there would be a music video for Dangerous, the Dangerous tour wouldn't end nearly as early as it did (not sure if MJ would have actually went on to the US, but i'm sure he would have done waaaay more dates in South America.)

HIStory would have been very different, although a few songs like Tabloid Junkie, Earth Song, TDCAU, YANA, etc would still be there, Scream too but with different lyrics maybe?

And probably the only bad thing about this: No Stranger in Moscow...

Dangerous would have definitely surpassed the BAD album in units sold, and just like many already mentioned, there would be a music video for Dangerous, the Dangerous tour wouldn't end nearly as early as it did (not sure if MJ would have actually went on to the US, but i'm sure he would have done waaaay more dates in South America.)

HIStory would have been very different, although a few songs like Tabloid Junkie, Earth Song, TDCAU, YANA, etc would still be there, Scream too but with different lyrics maybe?

And probably the only bad thing about this: No Stranger in Moscow...
Stranger in Moscow exists because of MJs loneliness on tour. It has very little to do with the allegations tbh.

''Stranger in Moscow was written when I was in Moscow on the Dangerous Tour, and it was just a strange, eerie, lonely time for me. Outside my hotel was just a sea of faces of fans, chanting and screaming, but I was inside my room and I felt so all alone like I was the last person on the planet .'' - Michael Jackson

Maybe I misread it but that was something he felt going back to the 70s.

Stranger in Moscow exists because of MJs loneliness on tour. It has very little to do with the allegations tbh.

''Stranger in Moscow was written when I was in Moscow on the Dangerous Tour, and it was just a strange, eerie, lonely time for me. Outside my hotel was just a sea of faces of fans, chanting and screaming, but I was inside my room and I felt so all alone like I was the last person on the planet .'' - Michael Jackson

Maybe I misread it but that was something he felt going back to the 70s.
So basically, the only songs from the HIStory sessions that would've never been recorded would be This Time Around, D.S., Innocent Man, Morphine, In the Back, 2Bad, and Money.

Back