What is the song "Cheater" about?

MJInTheMirror

Proud Member
I really like it, but I have never payed attention to the lyrics. I started listening to it again a couple of months ago, and I wondered what does the song talk about, because I have no idea. Does anybody know?

Re: What does the song "Cheater" talks about?

"Cheater"

[VERSE 1]
You know I work to hard for this kinda play,
I wrote a letter, for the getto of the CIA,
I don't care a jack, or about what cha' do,
Just put ya dime on the line baby, cos i own you,

[CHORUS]
Somebody said, give up instead on how you feel,
One blow to the head is all you need
Cheater...

[VERSE 2]
Now you better go and get yourself some attitude!
I know ya name and the game is I own you
Ya, tellin' me that ya comin to a compramise
Ya smilin at me while, ya stealin right before my eyes

[CHORUS]
Somebody said, give up instead on how ya feel,
One blow to the head is all ya need,
Cheater...

[BRIDGE]
I hurt my backbone baby,
I start to give it up,
Life is an aggrovator,
Sometimes I part it up,
I broke my radiator,
I'm indestructible,
I pray to leave my body,
Don't you ever call!

[VERSE 3]
I don't care a jack, or about what you do
Just sign your name on the line baby, I own you
Cheater...

[CHORUS]
Somebody said, give up instead on how you feel,
One blow to the head is all you need,
Cheater...
Cheater...

Since it is an unreleased song, maybe the lyrics have not been worked out yet completely.

Lol!!! Why is this thread even necessary?

Because you yourself start threads about songs.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/136648-Morphine-Song-Analysis

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/136287-Another-Part-Of-Me-Song-discussion

Don't get me wrong. This is what this forum is about. To discuss songs, among others. But so can others discuss other songs if they want to. And if they are interested in the lyrics, why is that a problem?

I really like it, but I have never payed attention to the lyrics. I started listening to it again a couple of months ago, and I wondered what does the song talk about, because I have no idea. Does anybody know?

I'm also very curious about the meaning behind this song

Some of Mikes songs are hard to decipher really even when knowing the lyrics.. Encrypted messages!!! lol... well that and someone like him puts the sound of the song first... composition, I think sometime it's meant to make 100% clear sense.

^ Yes, I agree. I think his writing method was typically to write the music first and just throw in whatever gibberish as "lyrics" at first. Just think of the first versions of Billie Jean. Once the music was finished he would work on the lyrics more and to make sense. So maybe he had a basic idea for Cheater in head but maybe he has not yet worked out the lyrics totally.

I think it's open to interpretation, the Ultimate Collection version is just a demo so it's probably incomplete like others said. Maybe one day we'll hear the Invincible version and it'll be clearer. Anyway, Michael never really talked about this song so all we can do is guess.

Because you yourself start threads about songs.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/136648-Morphine-Song-Analysis

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/136287-Another-Part-Of-Me-Song-discussion

Don't get me wrong. This is what this forum is about. To discuss songs, among others. But so can others discuss other songs if they want to. And if they are interested in the lyrics, why is that a problem?

My point was actually, sarcasm. When I started a post on the lyrical content of Sunset Driver, it got barely any posts. It seemed people were put off by the thought of it discerning that song.

Back