What is your favorite Michael Jackson pose?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
Michael is not just the king of pop or dance, imo he is the king of the pose!
So to make it clear what I mean, for me a pose is this iconic perfectly lit and angled pose that MJ usually holds for a second or two before moving again. It is basically poster material.

My personal favorite is the Billie Jean opening pose and specifically the way he did it at Motown 25 and throughout the Victory tour. If I could post pictures I would do it but I’m sure someone would do it for me at one point 😙
On later Tours the pose is less cool as his legs are more stretched.

There are literally dozens of poses to choose from (f.e Dangerous tour opening pose for Jam or the toe stand) so I am curious about your faves…

I don't know the Billie Jean pose. My google doesn't know either. It's hard to discuss poses without a picture😃
It's probably this one. https://pin.it/3xvfisD

I love the iconic long stretched point with the other hand on top of the chest and his mouth open

I love the black or white pose where he just points his finger and his hand is on his chest, he also has his fedora on. It’s part of the Panther Dance. (Fun fact: I have a t shirt with Michael doing that pose!)

@filmandmusic

Dunno if this qualifies, given your detailed description, but this is my top, top fave. I used to have several t-shirts with this photo. It looks awesome on a t-shirt.

TOP FAVE! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

d3bf0646071d42ab233a136a3fa71f53.jpg

This is gonna come up quite big. No apologies. Also not sure if this fits your description. Don't care! It's June 25th, today we remember darling Michael even more than usual, I'm just going for it.

Back in the day there were a bunch of BWT photos that the UK press used over and over again. So I bonded with them very deeply. This is one of them and it's the best one - as a pose / poster.

0620_michael-jackson.jpg

Yep all good poses folks!

The one I keep talking about is when when he puts the hat on his head at the start of the billie jean beat

Definitely this one.

There is a moment in SC that is my fave pose but it's so quick I can't really time stamp it and trying to describe is too clunky. Even doing the replay over and over is annoying bc I have to watch too much other stuff before I get to 'my' moment and then it's over super quick. It's not even really a pose, I guess, which is partly why I didn't nominate it here. He's dancing so it's a dance move. But, visually, it blows my mind. Every. Single. Time.

35 years. It still gets me. Every time. :)

The magic of Michael.

i have many (obviously)! Though this is somewhere in top 5. The pose, clear body lines, hand position, its perfection!! 🤩🤩🤩

img-1-1653862051601.webp

(...)

My personal favorite is the Billie Jean opening pose and specifically the way he did it at Motown 25 and throughout the Victory tour. If I could post pictures I would do it but I’m sure someone would do it for me at one point 😙
On later Tours the pose is less cool as his legs are more stretched.

There are literally dozens of poses to choose from (f.e Dangerous tour opening pose for Jam or the toe stand) so I am curious about your faves…

I guess you mean this one?

I always liked the poses with his right arm fully stretched out, either to the front or to the side, when he is in full motion pirouetting and stopping precisely to the beat/pause.

Last edited:
Back