What Is Your Favorite MJ concert?

Anton999

Proud Member
What Is Your Favorite MJ concert, guys? My Lovely Concert is - 1987-09-26 Yokohama, Japan, Very Powerful Concert!

Very hard question, but, i guess, Brisbane 87 is my favorite one c:

Dangerous Tour Bucharest is my number one. Best tour, best concert [we've got], it all looks amazing. MJ at his absolute peak as a showman.

Dangerous Tour Bucharest

Bad Tour Yokohama and Tokyo 1987 Silver shirt

The Jacksons Destiny Tour 1979 live in London

In terms of vocals, absolutely nothing beats whatever shows were used for the Triumph tour CD. That, in my opinion, is the best Michael ever sounded live. There were several moments that I would be convinced were mimed if I didn't know any better.

In terms of dancing, probably Bucharest 1992. Peak movement there, plus the slickest moonwalk he's ever done.

In terms of all-around show, I'd say Wembley 1988. Not a single dull moment. Expert dancing, expert vocals, great set list, tight as hell backing band, etc. I could watch it for days and never tire of it. If anyone ever asks me why Michael is considered the greatest entertainer of all time, I'd point them to this (or the Bucharest concert, only for the surplus of crowd shots that shows how wild people got in his presence).

Sorry I couldn't give one straight answer! Had to consider quite a few things :p

Dangerous Tour Bucharest is my number one. Best tour, best concert [we've got], it all looks amazing. MJ at his absolute peak as a showman.

As fantastic as it is, I couldn't include it on such a list due to the amount of lip-synching - Black or White, Will You Be There, Man In The Mirror, Heal The World, Jam, Smooth Criminal, Thriller. Only performing a handful of songs from the new album too and not doing any of them live was disappointing.

For me, Yokohama and Wembley.

As fantastic as it is, I couldn't include it on such a list due to the amount of lip-synching - Black or White, Will You Be There, Man In The Mirror, Heal The World, Jam, Smooth Criminal, Thriller. Only performing a handful of songs from the new album too and not doing any of them live was disappointing.

For me, Yokohama and Wembley.

Eh, MJ still moves much tighter, sounds amazing when he is live and it's much more of a case as to why MJ was an all-round entertainer and not just a sing and dance man like many before him.

Eh, MJ still moves much tighter, sounds amazing when he is live and it's much more of a case as to why MJ was an all-round entertainer and not just a sing and dance man like many before him.
I don't think WBSS or Human Nature sound very good for example. They sounded better on Bad Tour.

Yokohama 1987
Wembley 1988
Oslo 1992

The lip syncing never bothered me on the Dangerous Tour, because about 60% of the concerts were still live. My biggest problem with Bucharest were all of those annoying crowd shots. Like when they kept showing the same person during Smooth Criminal over and over again.

My personal favourite would be the Bad Tour Rome 1988 (European Premiere). There's also Wembley 1988 another favourite of mine. Best performances of "WBSS", "Dirty Diana", "Bad" and "Man In The Mirror" in every Bad Tour shows.

Depends on the tour. My bias is toward Toronto '84 for obvious reasons lol Seeing MJ in your area is the Best. Bias aside, Wembley is 2nd. Epic crowd, almost entirely live. Best venue.
Dangerous tour in Oslo is my favourite from that tour as of right now ( full setlist, great energy, rare complete daylight).
As for history tour, I'D have to choose between Brunei and Kuala Lumpur.
Every tour has something special IMO.

I really hope we get to see New York 1988 one day. Every song except the first half of Man In The Mirror was on that concert. His vocals sounded amazing during Smooth Criminal

I can't help but to think of the 'what could have been' here... I really think the 1995 HBO special would have been something extraordinary.. My personal thought as far as Michaels dance skill/style.. 1995 was overall his greatest to me! When I watch the MTV awards and think how his body could move with effortless precision.. to see a full concert with that style and look would have been uniquely awesome.

Great thread! I always flip flop on this. I'm going to go with Yokohama and Wembley

Yokohama is epic, the only thing that could have made it better were a couple of Bad tracks possibly, but even then I love it the way it is, plus it has (in my opinion) the best live version of Human Nature ever. Controversial opinion, this one concert is better than the entire Victory Tour, the songs sound better and MJ performs them better.

Wembley just gets better with every watch. It's really that simple, Mike at his performing best

Shout out to Bucharest, an incredible concert and despite the dodgy camera angles, it's the concert that really made me a fan therefore it will always have a special place in my heart

Each concert offers something new and exciting, that's testament to Michael and those who worked on his tours

I can't help but to think of the 'what could have been' here... I really think the 1995 HBO special would have been something extraordinary.. My personal thought as far as Michaels dance skill/style.. 1995 was overall his greatest to me! When I watch the MTV awards and think how his body could move with effortless precision.. to see a full concert with that style and look would have been uniquely awesome.

Very true. I remember my dad bought special premium VHS tapes to record it. It was so devastating he fell ill.

I wonder why Michael never rescheduled the HBO Special.

I wonder why Michael never rescheduled the HBO Special.

Yes... I feel like the HBO Special and This Is It would have been his best ever concerts! It's so sad none of this happened.
I hope we will see more of the rehearsal footage in the future

Course he does. But I can't include any show that has that much lip-synching on any 'best' list. Those are just my standards. Wembley has more than enough lip-synch.

Heal the World and Will You Be There should have been live.

I really hope we get to see New York 1988 one day. Every song except the first half of Man In The Mirror was on that concert. His vocals sounded amazing during Smooth Criminal

Imagine the first night in Kansas City!

1) Yokohama 1987- MJ at his peak as a performer. Amazing vocals, dancing and so much energy. The entire show was live. The only shame was that it didn't feature more songs from the Bad album. The performances of Human Nature & This Place Hotel are the best ever of those two songs.

2) Toronto 1984- Again, another amazing vocal performance. At times, I can't tell if he is singing live or lip-syncing. I know Michael had issues with his brothers at that time, but you wouldn't know that because he had amazing on-stage chemistry with his bros. Overall a great show.

3) New York 1988- One of the few rare occasions, where MJ did The Way You Make Me Feel and Smooth Criminal live and they both sounded great. I wish he hadn't always lip-synced these two songs.

4) Wembley 1988- Amazing shows full of highlights. Great vocals, dancing and so much energy. Michael's energy was infectious. A great set list that features quite a few songs from the Bad album.

5) Bucharest 1992- Clearly by the Dangerous Tour, MJ live vocals had declined. Songs like WBSS and Human Nature sound quite average tbh and at times, Michael sounded like he was out of breath. But still this show had some amazing vocals and Michael's dancing was splendid as per usual. The ending of Man In The Mirror is the obvious highlight Overall, this is possibly the greatest MJ concert ever. Shame about the crowd shots of the annoying crazy fans and a poor set list.

Some of my favorites are:

Any of my HIStory concerts that I have-Despite what fans might say about those concerts. How Michael didn't sing live. That does not matter to me. Just to see him in those tight sexy gold pants. And to see him dancing in them makes up for that. I have been one of his gold pants girls. Ever since I was 16 years old in 1996.

Bucharest Dangerous Concert

Munich Dangerous Concert- I never saw the entire concert. But I do have the Billie Jean performance. And I think that was one of the most greatest Billie Jean performances he ever did.

Yokohama Japan Bad Concert- I always did love the Shake Your Body performance. You know that nasty scene. Used to make me laugh every single time I see it.

Wembley Bad Concert-Well I had love the Dirty Diana performance. Would have seen the rest of it. And I know I would have loved it. If it wasn't for the anxiety/panic attack I had that night. As I was watching his Dirty Diana performance. You can blame my severe depression over him for that. And I so thought I was finally more than ready to start watching him again.

Now because of my depression that I still have. All of my MJ concerts are better off staying where they are at now. On the shelves of the computer closet collecting dust. The same goes for the rest of my MJ related video tapes. Why watch something that is just going to instantly bring on the tears.:( :boohoo Thankfully I have Shahrukh Khan to watch instead of him. Even though I still so badly miss watching Michael. The same goes for listening to him.:(

Fans say that his vocals got weaker on the DWT, but my favourite live vocals for WDAN was from the DWT.

Fans say that his vocals got weaker on the DWT, but my favourite live vocals for WDAN was from the DWT.

Michael sounds incredible on the Bucharest show. The breathy vocals at the start are cool to me.

Royal Brunei's performance of I Just Can't Stop Loving You is my favourite performance of that song. That performance has some of the best ad libs he ever did

Last edited:
^ "in mornin', in evenin'.. in the night time babay"

Love that ad lib so much

My favorite concert is HIStory 1996 in Amsterdam. Because I was there. I was 16 back than and my father drove me to the stadium. (I'm from Germany so it was a little bit longer way).
Vocalwise i think the Bad Tour is my favorite. Overall i must say it's Dangerous Bucharest. It's the Concert i watched the most on a very tiny screen back in the early 90. On VHS Video Tape with commercial breaks 😄.
I wish someday there is an official Live CD from Dangerous Tour. I don't like the Bootleg.

Vocally this is one of his best and most overlooked performances

And I love how he couldn't help himself and just HAD to start dancing.

Back