What is your favourite MJ interview?

Got to be the 1987 Ebony Jet magazine interview for me.

Michael seems so happy and confident here. It's nice to hear them mainly stick to the album and tour and not get hung up on his personal. Wish the interview was longer.
Love the way he dodges the question about a Liberian Girl in your life? "No, I wrote that at my house in the game room." :cheeky: gets me every time

Special mention for the first section of the 1995 Diane Sawyer interview, when MJ and her are watching past performances and listening to his music in the studio, I wish they would have shown more of that part of the interview, it's really fascinating to listen to Michael discuss his art.

Respect - It's been a while since I heard that interview.. do you recall why the child was the 'middle man' between the interview.. I remember first hearing it thinking that was odd.
The story goes that Michael had to do some press for 'Off the Wall' and he was pretty upset over a magazine article that claimed "Michael wants to go to India to see kids starve"-and being completed misinterpreted in his remarks.

So, he didn't really want to do any press, but if he did, he had Janet sit with him-the interviewer would pose the question, Janet would then ask Michael, and Michael would tell Janet, who would talk to the reporter. That way, Michael wouldn't be misunderstood-any misunderstandings or misprints would be coming from Janet or the reporter. Lol.

Randy Taraborelli was one of a few reporters who had interviews set up that way, but it turned out to be too difficult, so he cancelled his. Michael obviously felt comfortable in this one, since he answers Pigeon directly.

(I recently read that article that Michael was upset about, and it was strange that they made him sound heartless with that remark-when that was not what he meant at all. He was talking about being concerned about world hunger and the fact that there were children in India starving to death, and he wanted to make a visit there-I took it to mean bring awareness to the problem.)

Back