What MJ concert do you want released most?

Festivalpark, Werchter, Belgium on July 22, 1992 ...

Roundhay Park, Leeds, England on August 16, 1992

Glasgow August 1992 .......

A ton of 1992 stuff please šŸ˜Ÿ

Last edited:
A concert from each year he was on tour from 1970 to 1981 + 1 Victory tour and 1 Bad tour early 1988 (for TWYMMF, Bad and SC live). So thatā€™s 14 concerts, all widely different with live vocals and different setlists. A nice box set will do, thank you.

Anyone willing to write up what is considered the best dates from each tour?
Depends on what you're analyzing.

If we're talking Bad Tour, for example:

ā€” Live vocals in good shape would be the later April dates + Minneapolis. He caught a flu that made his voice raspy and cracky from St Louis until Atlanta at least.
ā€” Overall energy would be either Paris (either dates), Cologne or Wembley 14/07.
ā€” Performance (as in tighter moves, less "improvised") would be any August or September dates, preferrably the later ones.

Then you have the isolated events like the Dirty Diana phrasing on the Madrid concert where he sings the full lines rather than speaking/mumbling them through.

Best date for Bad is probably NYC March 3rd or 6th since the vocals sounded as good as the 1st leg, there was less playback & Dirty Diana & Beat It had higher keys.

Best Dangerous tour show might be Cologne for the great vocals, live vocals in Black Or White, higher keys in WBSS & Beat It, Thriller magic trick, moving stage & Bad & TWYMMF were included. First Monza/Rotterdam shows & Rome are also contenders for being the best date.

Best History tour show could be Cologne/Bremen for the great vocals, energetic/improved dancing and the set list (had TWYMMF, OTW medley & BOTDF); would be better for Bremen to get released tho as there isnā€™t a full video of that show. Other potential contenders would be Honolulu, Fukuoka & Taipei as they seem to have great energy and vocals.

Best Victory tour shows might be between the end of July & September since the vocals sounded stronger than later shows but the dancing was probably just as developed.

HIStory if ever released should be withput the OTW-medley. - So cringe... Play-back to 20 years old vocals...

HIStory would be my last priority to release. And should a HIStory concert ever get an official release I would like the birthday concert to be released since it's special and I was in the audience.

BUT - I would prefer Destiny, Victory or another BAD concert to be officially released. - Maybe MSG or L.A. - Man in the Mirror was sung fully live at a few concerts, wasn't it?? - if so then I would prefer a concert whit MITM sung 100 % live.

I've come to realise that I simply couldn't care less.

It's 2024, everything is available online, it doesn't mean anything for a recording to get "released". That term doesn't mean anything any more.

Besides, we all know deep down it would look shit anyway, let's learn our lesson from Bad Wembley.

Sony aren't going to do it anyway, so we should stop asking them to try.

I really want to see the opening night of the 2nd leg in Kansas City 1988. I really want to see how he performed the new set list for the first time and compare it to how it evolved throughout the tour. Another part of me from this first show is one of my all time favorite performances of that song because itā€™s so different and loose. A lot of raw spontaneity there and I much prefer that than the structured way he performed it later on.

1. The wembley film that Warren Eagles graded/edited.

2. The victory tour LA film that we got a taste of

3. Dangerous tour wembley or munich

4. Any Triumph or Destiny tour show (maybe the one Questlove is hoarding)

So many choices that wont see the light of day unfortunately.

Wembley '88 in 4K is the biggest one.

I'd also like individual clips of songs, so for example Thriller in Amsterdam 96 with the one-off jacket.

The ones, you mean. He's got both Forum nights.
Even better smh. He could literally leak 1 and still hoard the other. I just remember his caption "Dont even ask"...

When it comes to rare MJ material, everyone turns into Gollum lmao.

Back