What MJ era have other artists "cracked the code" on?

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
As an example, I think it can be said that "Off the Wall" is the record that so many artists have taken distinctly to as their greatest inspiration. So many modern hits owe their life to Rock with You alone.

But what about Bad or HIStory? How many records emulate Dangerous? Who has ever come close to a power house record like Thriller? Who's making big heavy anthems like Earth Song? Prince made Planet Earth. It's equally powerful in its own way and speaks to the same well of influence. So, accordingly, how much of MJ has been studied?

Some of Silk Sonic's songs are kinda like early 1970s Jackson 5, The Delfonics, Black Ivory, Blue Magic, etc. era R&B. Like a Bobby Taylor or Willie Hutch production.

Well the closest this I could think of (and fyi I'm 13 so ofc I know all the new and popular songs) is not related to his songs or music but his short films! So Ice Spice and Nicki Minaj made an song together called Princess Diana and someone commented on the music video that it was giving Michael Jackson music video vibes : ) Hopefully you got the answer you wanted))

Well the closest this I could think of (and fyi I'm 13 so ofc I know all the new and popular songs) is not related to his songs or music but his short films! So Ice Spice and Nicki Minaj made an song together called Princess Diana and someone commented on the music video that it was giving Michael Jackson music video vibes : ) Hopefully you got the answer you wanted))
I was actually just thinking about how absolutely nobody is making Short Films like Michael :0)

I was actually just thinking about how absolutely nobody is making Short Films like Michael :0)
I know but I just remember reading that comment. Michael's are ALWAYS the best of the best. Hell, I wrote a whole entire 7 paragraph about how Michael changed music videos forever for my English class. I got an A+

I know but I just remember reading that comment. Michael's are ALWAYS the best of the best. Hell, I wrote a whole entire 7 paragraph about how Michael changed music videos forever for my English class. I got an A+
Totally tubular my guy. I can't wait to write about MJ in my music appreciation class

I think Janet had a brilliant Thriller/Bad record with Rhythm Nation 1814, it's hits all the way through and I think her album inspired a big part of Michael's Dangerous.

As for newer artists, Bruno Mars's Unorthodox Jukebox is similar to Bad with less hits on it. When you listen to that record you can hear Bruno's inspiration shining through, he talks about Bad being his favourite Michael era

Back