What music videos Michael planned to shoot during his life?

Mark Shaw

2 Bad
We all know, that he planned to shoot Unbreakable, Whatever Happens, Threatened and, probably, Smile. But somebody on this forum said, that he also planned to make music video for Dangerous song! Is it true? I mean, I know he planned to release Dangerous as single, but due to allegations he canceled it. But I didn't know, that he had concept for music video. Moreover people claim, that he used script of Dangerous video to create You Rock My World video!

We all know, that he planned to shoot Unbreakable, Whatever Happens, Threatened and, probably, Smile. But somebody on this forum said, that he also planned to make music video for Dangerous song! Is it true? I mean, I know he planned to release Dangerous as single, but due to allegations he canceled it. But I didn't know, that he had concept for music video. Moreover people claim, that he used script of Dangerous video to create You Rock My World video!
Hi Mark, hope you're well, nice thread 😉

I can't quite put my finger on it but you seem familiar.

Hi Richie 💞💞💞💅

The 'You Rock My World' music video is based on several previous Michael Jackson music videos.

Also, there are photos from the early shooting of the 'Smile' music video, but the Charlie Chaplin Estate later did not allow its completion.

Michael Jackson was working on the choreography of the 'Dangerous' music video, which was about to get a release towards the end of the Dangerous Tour.

Rodney Jerkins stated that the 'Unbreakable' music video was about to have also a Notorious B.I.G. hologram, but shooting for that music video never began.

The 'You Rock My World' music video is based on several previous Michael Jackson music videos.

Also, there are photos from the early shooting of the 'Smile' music video, but the Charlie Chaplin Estate later did not allow its completion.

Michael Jackson was working on the choreography of the 'Dangerous' music video, which was about to get a release towards the end of the Dangerous Tour.

Rodney Jerkins stated that the 'Unbreakable' music video was about to have also a Notorious B.I.G. hologram, but shooting for that music video never began.
That's really sad. Dangerous is my favorite Michael Jackson song

Are those the ones where he was dressed up like Chaplin or differrent ones?
The photos from the early shooting of the 'Smile' music video are these that show Michael Jackson dressed up like Charlie Chaplin (recreating The Tramp character), and they come from promotional photo shoots of that music video.

I doubt it would have been a hit though. It's got much much potential but the album version is a bit too long and clean for my taste. Maybe they should have kept more of that 'Streetwalker' bassline..?
Imagine if Streetwalker was just reworked (again) for Dangerous?

The photos from the early shooting of the 'Smile' music video are these that show Michael Jackson dressed up like Charlie Chaplin (recreating The Tramp character), and they come from promotional photo shoots of that music video.
I wonder is it finished 🤔 I would love for the estate to release that🙄

I wonder is it finished 🤔 I would love for the estate to release that🙄
It was never finished.

Michael Jackson also hinted (while looking at the page about 'Smile' in the 'Black And White' fanzine) that Sony also refused to spend 2 million dollars on making that music video.

The 'Smile' music video can only get a release (by the Estate) in the form of a video montage consisted of these photos that were taken during the early shooting of that music video.

It was never finished.

Michael Jackson also hinted (while looking at the page about 'Smile' in the 'Black And White' fanzine) that Sony also refused to spend 2 million dollars on making that music video.

The 'Smile' music video can only get a release (by the Estate) in the form of a video montage consisted of these photos that were taken during the early shooting of that music video.
And also permission from the Chaplin estate as well

I doubt it would have been a hit though. It's got much much potential but the album version is a bit too long and clean for my taste. Maybe they should have kept more of that 'Streetwalker' bassline..?
They would have made a Dangerous single/album edit and then they would've played it a lot.

It's one of the songs I most vividly remember them playing after his passing. On XM Thriller.

Back