What songs did MJ not get to hear that he probably would have loved?

SZA x Justin Timberlake – The Other Side

Last edited:
MJ seemed to like electronic style music with heavy, futuristic beats. He was a big fan of Nine Inch Nails and I believe "Morphine" and "2000 Watts" were inspired by their music. He also pushed Darkchild to make the futuristic beats we hear on "Unbreakable", "Heartbreaker" Invincible" and "Threatened"; he wasn't enthusiastic about the softer, retro-ish style productions Darkchild made save for "You Rock My World".

So I'm pretty sure he would have liked EDM, dubstep, trap, etc style pop. He was working with guys like will.i.am, Akon, Ne-Yo and Neff-U at the time of his death, after all. I think that if MJ released an album in the 2010s, he'd have songs like "OMG" and "DJ Got Us Falling in Love" by Usher, "Just Can't Get Enough" by Black Eyed Peas, "Scream & Shout" by will.i.am, "Let Me Love You Until You Learn to Love Yourself" by Ne-Yo, "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz, "Turn Up the Music" and "Don't Wake Me Up" by Chris Brown, etc. I think sure he would have liked those songs.

MJ seemed to want his music to sound the most technologically up-to-date and current, even if it ended up sounding trendy and generic. Starting with Bad, you can see how his music started putting more emphasis on having heavier, harder sounds and his later albums would raise the bar in that regard.

Last edited:
I don't know why but I've always thought MJ would've liked cheerleader by OMI
I think MJ would've done a great cover of that song

Almost of all Bruno Mars' songs. He would've loved Treasure, Uptown Funk, 24K Magic, Runaway Baby etc... He would've probably love it enough to collab with him.

I think he might like some of those Epic Rap Battles Of History videos
I wonder if he would favor the one with him and Elvis going at it, I mean he could take jokes about himself and laugh it off.

Saying MJ would love anything by the Weeknd, or Timberlake, or Bruno, is straight up a cop out. Of course he would love it. They literally take straight out his playbook. The Weeknd's early day stuff, now that would be more interesting to MJ. Those records are something else. MJ probably would also love prime Drake.

There's so much lower key material out there than the most obvious.

I think MJ would've like the lyrics to this song from Ole Borud.

Jonathan Butler - You Got To Believe In Something / Color Green

We're talking strictly, post 2009 at this rate. Nothing really before, we don't know what he would've heard. Casio tracks, don't mention them, I will have those comments deleted.
Keep Your Head Up. I guess Micheal would like this song. It's pretty tender

With the EDM phase in the early 2010s, he may have liked some of the hits (even if electronic dance wasn’t his usual genre). I bet he would have liked Pitbull (Hotel Room Service), Sia (Titanium) and Black Eyed Peas’ “The Beginning“ album. Paris Jackson said she likes The Weeknd’s Blinding Lights and I have a feeling Michael would have liked it, too.

Regarding Adele, I’m sure he would have found her music appealing but she had been a bit rude about Michael, calling him Jacko. So I don’t know if Michael had lived, there would have been mutual respect between Michael and Adele, unfortunately.

Regarding Adele, I’m sure he would have found her music appealing but she had been a bit rude about Michael, calling him Jacko. So I don’t know if Michael had lived, there would have been mutual respect between Michael and Adele, unfortunately.
There's no way she would have called him that to his face.

There's no way she would have called him that to his face.
Actually, now I’ve found the video where she talks about his This Is It show, that she planned to see him in London, said the shows were going to be amazing and his music is great. But then she referred to him as Jacko.

Here is the URL:

Actually, now I’ve found the video where she talks about his This Is It show, that she planned to see him in London, said the shows were going to be amazing and his music is great. But then she referred to him as Jacko.

Here is the URL:
Unfortunately that word has saturated the UK airwaves
The majority of people do not say it with negative intent. The connotations of the phrase also, doesn't register

With the EDM phase in the early 2010s, he may have liked some of the hits (even if electronic dance wasn’t his usual genre). I bet he would have liked Pitbull (Hotel Room Service), Sia (Titanium) and Black Eyed Peas’ “The Beginning“ album. Paris Jackson said she likes The Weeknd’s Blinding Lights and I have a feeling Michael would have liked it, too.

It depends on where you live.

For example, in USA, the Jacko term is regarded as disrespectful.

But, in Australia, the Jacko term is not regarded as disrespectful, because it is pretty common there to use name abbreviations.

Just like Jacko for Jackson, there are also Murdo for Murdock, Robt for Robert, Reba for Rebecca, and so on.

In any case, Adele apparently believes that Jacko is just an abbreviation for Jackson, so there is nothing wrong with calling him in that way.

Back