What songs did MJ not get to hear that he probably would have loved?

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
We're talking strictly, post 2009 at this rate. Nothing really before, we don't know what he would've heard. Casio tracks, don't mention them, I will have those comments deleted.

Something more obscure and folky like Follow The Sun by Xavier Rudd. What a beauty, positive, uplifting and melancholic. I just saw this live at Werchter on tv, pure magic performance.
@staywild23 you know this? You’ll love it.

I think he might like some of those Epic Rap Battles Of History videos

Weird Al - Word Crimes
Sade - Babyfather
Silk Sonic - Smokin' Out The Window
New Edition - This One's For Me And You
Black Eyed Peas - Ring The Alarm
Charlie Wilson & Smokey Robinson - All Of My Love
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger
DJ Khaled feat Rihanna & Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts
Childish Gambino - This Is America
Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
BTS - Butter
Mark Ronson feat Msytikal - Feel Right
Vintage Trouble - Pelvis Pusher
Migos & Drake - Walk It Talk It
Chris Stapleton - Tennessee Whiskey

And of these songs, which ones do you imagine he'd want to record for his own albums? I can imagine Pharrell and Bruno giving quite a lot of songs to Michael as well.

And of these songs, which ones do you imagine he'd want to record for his own albums?
Liking songs and recording them himself are 2 different things. The Jackson siblings like country music because of their mother. They've never really recorded any, unless you count Jermaine competing on the TV show Gone Country. There's maybe a couple of country style songs by The Jacksons like Destiny & Time Waits For No One or Janet's song Someone To Call My Lover. But not really any straight out country like the Commodores/Lionel Richie.

Liking songs and recording them himself are 2 different things. The Jackson siblings like country music because of their mother. They've never really recorded any, unless you count Jermaine competing on the TV show Gone Country. There's maybe a couple of country style songs by The Jacksons like Destiny & Time Waits For No One or Janet's song Someone To Call My Lover. But not really any straight out country like the Commodores/Lionel Richie.
I want people to answer what songs he'd want them to record for himself. It wasn't in the basic start post but I had it in mind.

I like to think that in another timeline, it would be Michael singing Get Lucky and not Pharrell.
YES! also, i've noticed the jackets they wear in the video are HIGHLY reminiscent of Michael's same outfit from the 2006 world music awards!

michael-jackson-pics-27.jpg

seriously. SAME DAMN THING.

The funky RAM songs by Daft Punk, some songs by the Weeknd and I'm sure he woulda loved Bruno Mars' work and shows.

What he'd hate? Bad Bunny. Gosh his music is so trash.

The funky RAM songs by Daft Punk, some songs by the Weeknd and I'm sure he woulda loved Bruno Mars' work and shows.

What he'd hate? Bad Bunny. Gosh his music is so trash.
That is hilarious that you just worked that last part in. I can't even be mad lol. And at least it's something you've heard post 2017

Mary Mary - Walking
Phony Ppl - Why iii Love The Moon
Brittany Howard - Stay High
Artists Of Then, Now & Forever - Forever Country
Leon Bridges - Bad Bad News
Khruangbin - So We Won't Forget
El DeBarge & Faith Evans - Lay With You
Duran Duran feat. Janelle Monáe & Nile Rodgers - Pressure Off
Janelle Monáe - Electric Lady
Lizzo - Juice
Sampa The Great - Energy
Tami Neilson - Dynamite
TLC feat. Snoop Dogg - Way Back
Tito Jackson, Kenny Neal, Bobby Rush, Marlon Jackson feat. Stevie Wonder - Love One Another
Janet Jackson feat. J. Cole - No Sleeep
Jermaine Jackson - Summer Time Feeling
Stevie Wonder feat. Gary Clark Jr. - Where Is Our Love Song
Hiatus Kaiyote - Nakamarra
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Retreat!
Mary J. Blige - Just Fine
Playing For Change - Listen To The Music
Playing For Change - Don't Worry Be Happy
Maati Baani - Heal The World
Postmodern Jukebox - Shoop
Thundercat feat. Michael McDonald & Kenny Loggins - Show You The Way

Janet Jackson feat. J. Cole - No Sleeep
A lot of songs on Janet's Unbreakable album are very reminiscent of MJ's songs, I bet he would've loved songs like BURNITUP, The Great Forever and Lessons Learned since they sound the most like MJ. In fact, those are the type of songs I imagine he'd make if he was alive lol.

Last edited:
I mean ... im projecting here but M did like NIN. I think he liked Closer.... Downward spiral etc --- so, ... going by that.
I'll nominate
Hard Skool -GnR (2022)
Smile Again-Chaoseum (2020)

I pick these because of the biting lyrics.
Listen to Hard Skool
Record Smile Again

Last edited:
A lot of songs on Janet's Unbreakable album are very reminiscent of MJ's songs, I bet he would've loved songs like BURNITUP, The Great Forever and Lessons Learned since they sound the most like MJ. In fact, those are the type of songs I imagine he'd make if he was alive lol.
Yes! And 'Gon' B Alright' would be a perfect reunion song for The Jacksons imo, with MJ doin the 'We' parts and Tito the humming!

Do musical numbers from shows/movies count? Cause I think Michael would have loved the Naatu Naatu bit from RRR.

Marina and The Diamonds - Happy (2014)

Last edited:
Back