What songs do you think could be on Bad 40?

The track was recorded in October, 1986. It went under different working titles, including: Pee and Who's Bad.
Was Bad really wrote under the name Pee?

Thank You. I thought it was a different song for some reason
It's really the same song. TWYMMF was still referred to as "Hot Fever" internally even after its release.
NDgtMTgyOS5qcGVn.jpeg

To be honest, it will just be garbage remixes with whichever DJ is trying to become popular in 2026.

I look forward to getting a new concert like Cardiff, Milton Keynes, Liverpool, Irvine, Tokyo or Los Angeles.
What I'd like is a DVD with seemless branching during the instrumental interlude, with as many different concerts as they can find. Imagine watching it once with Beatles medley from Liverpool, then watching it another time with whatever songs they did in Cardiff and LA...

To be honest, it will just be garbage remixes with whichever DJ is trying to become popular in 2026.

What I'd like is a DVD with seemless branching during the instrumental interlude, with as many different concerts as they can find. Imagine watching it once with Beatles medley from Liverpool, then watching it another time with whatever songs they did in Cardiff and LA...
Me too
We don't have a lot of HD quality concerts

Bad40:
CD1 - Bad (2012 Remaster)
CD2 - Bad in the Mix - The Bad album re-imaged by DJ Khaled (featuring inspired artists from the current 'rap' game)
CD3 - The Bad Story narrated by Questlove

You want a dvd? Really?
I don't get it.

Look at Wembley. If the quality of the footage is 220P, then you're better off having a DVD rather than BD. Playing something low res uses less energy and therefore runs cooler and quieter. Plus, I have DVD players in more rooms than I have BD players. And portable ones.

I don't get it.

Look at Wembley. If the quality of the footage is 220P, then you're better off having a DVD rather than BD. Playing something low res uses less energy and therefore runs cooler. Plus, I have DVD players in more rooms than I have BD players. And portable ones.
SD Blu-Ray is still more valuable than DVD.

SD Blu-Ray is still more valuable than DVD.
More valuable in what way?

Again, if they have exactly the same picture quality, and exactly the same sound quality (say, PCM 48kHz), then you're better off paying $8 for a DVD, rather than $30 for a BD.

BD is not better unless it's actually better. And with this source material it simply can't be.

More valuable in what way?

Again, if they have exactly the same picture quality, and exactly the same sound quality (say, PCM 48kHz), then you're better off paying $8 for a DVD, rather than $30 for a BD.

BD is not better unless it's actually better. And with this source material it simply can't be.
It would not have the same sound quality. Usually that upgrade is explicitly available. But even in that case where there is no higher option:

* Native frame rate support. A movie might be 30hz or 60hz interlaced on a DVD but 23.98hz progressive scan on Blu-Ray.

* They can give the video a massive bitrate compared to DVD.

* Lossless audio.

* For a television show you can get more episodes on each disc. More content, maybe more bonus content.

Yes, and given the nature of this source material (ie an 80s tape that's been sitting rotting in somebody's damp garage for 40 years), what you'd have is 32 bits of shit.

Again, never mind about lossless, DVD is capable of uncompressed audio and a quality superior to what is required, combined with an adequate framerate to capture all information. Adding more bits or more pixels or more color depth will not improve anything.

Don't get me started on bonus content. The studio's obsession with filling a disc with useless nonsense is why DVDs end up having to use Dolby Digital compression in the first place.

Anyway, I've said all I intend to say on this. DVD is exactly equal to a BD with the same specs, except that the DVD is cheaper and more convenient. But it's off-topic, so I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
Anyway, I've said all I intend to say on this. DVD is exactly equal to a BD with the same specs, except that the DVD is cheaper and more convenient.
It's only cheaper because you bought into it. They're explicitly not equal.

When do ya'll think this song could be released?

It's only cheaper because you bought into it. They're explicitly not equal.
Let's say that the picture quality in this case would be something like 300x200 pixels, 20 fps, with a variable number of frames per second, and perhaps 5-bit color. Sound quality is like something you'd hear in a call box (ie 32 kHz/8-bit).

If you digitize it at 720x480 pixels, 30 fps, 8-bit color, with sound at 48 kHz/16-bit, then you're capturing everything that can be captured. Then you save this as a digital file.

So all you're arguing about is what disc format the file is saved on. But the digital file above will look and sound exactly the same whether it's read from a DVD or a BD. It just will.

Let's say that the picture quality in this case would be something like 300x200 pixels, 20 fps, with a variable number of frames per second, and perhaps 5-bit color. Sound quality is like something you'd hear in a call box (ie 32 kHz/8-bit).

If you digitize it at 720x480 pixels, 30 fps, 8-bit color, with sound at 48 kHz/16-bit, then you're capturing everything that can be captured. Then you save this as a digital file.

So all you're arguing about is what disc format the file is saved on. But the digital file above will look and sound exactly the same whether it's read from a DVD or a BD. It just will.
In this particular case, sure, yes. With an infinitely superior source file then yes, yeah it'll be way better.

I heard a rumor Michael recorded a version of Take On Me. Is this true?

Back