• Total voters

Hiker

MJJC Staff
Staff member
Donations
$20.00
Country
Switzerland
This article lists 14 types of MJ fans, I can only add 10 here, so I have combined a few. You can fall in more than one category, I certainly do.

In short
  1. Advocates - Michael Jackson fans who have dedicated their lives to defending their idol are captured in this category.
  2. Content Creators - Bloggers, You tubers, Social Media fan pages and Podcasters are included in this category.
  3. Impersonators/Artists - MJ Impersonators and Talented fans that create Michael Jackson art, from cartoons, to recreation of his iconic images in different styles, his outfits and pose etc.
  4. Uniters - Forum creators, fan club leaders, administrators of groups, avenues, conventions, parties and fan meetups on Michael Jackson are captured here.
  5. Followers - Those who followed him to places during his lifetime
  6. Knowledge Seekers - Authors / readers who read extensively about MJ
  7. Collectors and Legacy Protectors - To ensure the continued immortalization of the Kingship of the King of Pop, a unit of fans have ensured his continued visibility in public places.
  8. Pilgrims - Fans in this category make regular visits to Michael Jackson related locations all over the world.
  9. Emissaries - These are a group of fans who are always attempting to convert others not in the fandom to being Michael Jackson fans.
  10. MJ pervs - If you are one, you know it.

Love this thread! I am many of these things, but on MJJC I am probably best known as one particular type 😂

So I guess that makes me a passive fan, since all I do is blast his music all days long 🤔

I listen to or watch him everyday. been doing so since I was a toddler. he’s my favourite artist. I collect as much information as I can about ‘thriller’ especially, but all the way down to the Jackson 5 days.

it’s about personal enjoyment for me, not converting others. I don’t worship him as my king or use him to downgrade other artists. I support his message (up until 1983) and find him fascinating, but I don’t immerse myself in his private life.

I don’t fit into any of these categories, which is usually the case for these otherwise fun polls/activities..

I’m none of these either.
There should be a category that describes the lazy fans who only enjoys MJ’s music in the comfort of their own house lol

I firmly expect the pervs to win the poll 😜

Interesting! I thought many here would fall under Collector and Knowledge Seeker.
Because I could add only 10 options, I combined a few and left out this one

11. Exclusive - These are exclusively Michael Jackson fans. Even though they might enjoy and love the music and artistry of other performers, on matters fandoms, they identify strictly as Michael Jackson fans.

I'm mostly a Knowledge Seeker, instantly followed by MJ Perv

Advocate
irl, Emissary online, in a way Exclusive for most of my life, Humanitarian stuff like donating or sharing his message when I can. Collector with certain stuff 🙏

Interesting! I thought many here would fall under Collector and Knowledge Seeker.
I used to be in this category when I was younger but I grew out of it.
I know enough about his personality and life, I don't feel the need to dig deeper. My collector days were over the moment I left my poster plastered room for a more grown up room lol
Bar the original editions of his albums I don't own anything anymore I think, not even stuff like Xscape, Michael or T25.

I'm definitely an Advocate, it's where I got my start after all. These are probably my favorite types of fans since they've convinced me of Michael's innocence, but I also appreciate their fight for justice regarding his death.

I am also a Knowledge Seeker, the reader subtype. I'm a music fan and I'm interested in Michael's creative processes, perhaps to learn from it myself. I also like reading about what he was like as a person.

I'm not a Fan Artist yet but it's on the roadmap. Same with possible content creation, when I have the time.

And... yup, an MJ Perv too. Guilty as charged! 🤣 Though admittedly I have no interest in fanfiction, I just like looking at pictures and videos.

EDIT: Forgot to mention! I'm an Emissary in spirit. I have yet to "convert" anyone, but I do want/plan to, lol. Funnily enough I'm willing to use Advocacy for this goal, but only if necessary.

Last edited:
Back