What were the albums that inspired the sound of the dangerous album?

aqwsz

Proud Member
Obviously Janet's Rhythm Nation is the a big influence. Anything else? I'm not very familiar with that era's artists. I love the production.

Has any other artist actually praised dangerous? It's completely forgotten, it doesn't sell anymore either...

This thread belongs in the section for "dangerous".
Also many other threads you started don't belong in the news section in my oppinion. I think you know that but wants the most attention you can get.
Please admins clear the news section from a few threads here.

It was also the ‘Spend The Night’ song (from the ‘Guy’ album released in 1988) that heavily inspired the sound of the ‘Dangerous’ album.

MJ wanted a hard sound like ‘Spend The Night’ & he told Teddy Riley to create a similar hard sound for the album.

In the end, that type of sound occupied half of the ‘Dangerous’ album (new jack swing tracks).

Also, MJ asked Quincy Jones about his opinion about the ‘Dangerous’ album when it was completed but was not released yet.

Quincy Jones liked the album in general & he particularly praised ‘Who Is It’ & ‘Remember The Time’.

After that, MJ felt totally confident & proceeded to its release.

Sorry for the "obviously Rythm Nation " it's obvious you have been brainwashed by the Janet stans . Janet has no business with the "Mineapolice sound" that Prince popularized , NOT Janet . Michael took his inspiration to Teddy Riley .

Mike was definitely looking for that edge over his peers looking a little left of field for direction with the new record

Guy's first album Guy and the second album The Future. Obviously Janet's Rhythm Nation
Then if I had to guess,
Bobby Brown, Don't Be Cruel (LA Reid, Babyface and Teddy on My Prerogative)
Keith Sweat, Make It Last Forever (Teddy produced)
Ralph Tresvant's debut record, Ralph Tresvant (a song Michael wrote with John Barnes appears on this Alright Now)

Dangerous stands up because of Michael though, it's not just tough edge new jack swing groove and catchy hook, it's quality verses, well sculpted MJ backgrounds, beautiful B sections and really well written bridges.
Michael truly brought out the best of those working with him

Back