What would a single cut of the Dangerous song be like?

In a sense, there is an officially released music video for the 'Dangerous' song.

It is the 'Dangerous: Behind The Scenes' video segment (from the 'Dangerous: The Short Films').

cool but it makes the song generic. It loses the sense of mystery when cut short, It is always awkward to turn an epic song into a single edit.

In a sense, there is an officially released music video for the 'Dangerous' song.

It is the 'Dangerous: Behind The Scenes' video segment (from the 'Dangerous: The Short Films').

I used to have this VHS, I'll check it out.

Do people grow up and move on from MJ, especially as the man is now gone, sad to think
It’s possible, but unlikely.

Think about it—we’re 60-70 years removed from The Beatles and Elvis, but they’re still widely renowned and beloved figures. MJ will be the same. I can’t say that he’ll still be at the top of the cultural discussion, say, 5 generations from now, but his impact is undeniable. I would argue that he is the single most important pop culture figure of the past hundred years.

I know some will scoff at the idea of comparing him to Beethoven or Bach, but it isn’t that far out there.

I saw many videos of the Beatles in the 60s, absolutely crazy stuff by the fans but Paul McCartney didn’t have them screaming and crying anymore in the 80s or 90s that died out.
I’ve seen some Elvis concert footage of the 70s, past his prime, people weren’t crying and fainting any longer.

The thing is when Michael was in public in the 2000s long past his heyday there was still kind of a pandemonium happening. Fans were still crying and shouting. Maybe not as hard as before but it was still substantial, time did not have an effect on how he was perceived by his fans. I think even today time would simply stop when MJ would have appeared in public.

A hundred years from now? Only time travelers know but I expect the world to be so different then compared to now that he and other huge celebrities of now and the past will no longer be very well known. Yes people still know Beethoven, it is a household name but who really knows something about this man’s life? I don’t… and I think Elvis and Michael etc will eventually have the same faith.

I saw many videos of the Beatles in the 60s, absolutely crazy stuff by the fans but Paul McCartney didn’t have them screaming and crying anymore in the 80s or 90s that died out.
I’ve seen some Elvis concert footage of the 70s, past his prime, people weren’t crying and fainting any longer.

The thing is when Michael was in public in the 2000s long past his heyday there was still kind of a pandemonium happening. Fans were still crying and shouting. Maybe not as hard as before but it was still substantial, time did not have an effect on how he was perceived by his fans. I think even today time would simply stop when MJ would have appeared in public.

A hundred years from now? Only time travelers know but I expect the world to be so different then compared to now that he and other huge celebrities of now and the past will no longer be very well known. Yes people still know Beethoven, it is a household name but who really knows something about this man’s life? I don’t… and I think Elvis and Michael etc will eventually have the same faith.
That is true , he was still being mobbed well into the mid to late2000s , look at the airport videos from his visit to Japan.

The hysteria had also come back around 2009 after the this is it an announcement. There videos of fans going nuts outside his hotel in London and out in LA.

It would have been just like old times throughout this is it residency as more fans came to see him and the constant talk about his performances etc

Smh is it weird that I can't even picture mj in today's society... maybe because it's been over 13years & so much has changed but I feel like he would've did so much or at least released old stuff for nostalgia now that is popular at the moment. He would've listened to us. I don't think all those people would have much control over him. Then again I think... if not 09... he still wouldn't have made it to 2023. They wanted him gone years before he left...I really miss him

Do people grow up and move on from MJ, especially as the man is now gone, sad to think
Nah. They just go to Facebook or Instagram and post under OTW footage saying "The Real MJ".

But just as often, they get down at the weddings, concerts, parties. And go viral for it.

Too many people treat him like just a crazy weekend they try to move on from. But the hype and that public neuron activation when his music comes on is unquenchable.
Paul McCartney didn’t have them screaming and crying anymore in the 80s or 90s that died out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was "The Beatles' that made those people swoon. Particularly the teenagers. But not exclusively. All 4 of them in regalia made it erupt in that way right? Just a single one of them together was never as eventful? John alone got a lot of hype though. He was the closest thing to the breakout solo star. And George got the least attention. A shame cause he had so much talent and creativity.

It was supposed to have a video and single release at one point but at give or take 7 minutes it would be way too long for the radio format. So what would the single cut be like? Maybe some wizard can make one? :p
Anyway, I always preferred album edits. If Dangerous got a single release maybe they'd make an album edit. They usually shortened the song, but simply excused the excessive intros of many of MJs latter day material. Which, I think is far to say, was just a lot, and many of them were very long.

And if these edits didn't exist my opinions of some songs would probably be lower. Like, YRMW is a great song but I prefer the intro a separate skippable moment. Though I still don't give WYBT much attention.

Probably would have some awkward edit and have the instrumental trimmed. Can't see the song working that way at all but I've heard plenty of horrendous radio edits.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was "The Beatles' that made those people swoon. Particularly the teenagers. But not exclusively. All 4 of them in regalia made it erupt in that way right? Just a single one of them together was never as eventful? John alone got a lot of hype though. He was the closest thing to the breakout solo star. And George got the least attention. A shame cause he had so much talent and creativity.

I don’t know, I suppose if one Beatle showed his face that people would go crazy as well 😄
Paul scored truckloads of “solo“ hits though (Wings) after the Beatles and he is still on sell out tours to this day.

I don’t know, I suppose if one Beatle showed his face that people would go crazy as well 😄
Paul scored truckloads of “solo“ hits though (Wings) after the Beatles and he is still on sell out tours to this day.
They'd go crazy but it'd never be 60s level hype.

For MJ, it was always like the 80s, anywhere he went.

They'd go crazy but it'd never be 60s level hype.

For MJ, it was always like the 80s, anywhere he went.
Don’t forget the 70s. The Jackson 5 sometimes couldn’t finish their concerts due to stage invasions! I remember seeing videos of the Jackson 5 escaping in cars with hordes of screaming kids running behind them. Michael literally never knew anything else from age 10 lol. How he kept being so sane through all the lunacy surrounding him is remarkable in itself.

How he kept being so sane through all the lunacy surrounding him is remarkable in itself.
That's the neat part, he didn't.

I'm joking, I promise. Though even if you say he wasn't, who said he was supposed to? All that matters is that he was not malicious or evil.

Don’t forget the 70s. The Jackson 5 sometimes couldn’t finish their concerts due to stage invasions! I remember seeing videos of the Jackson 5 escaping in cars with hordes of screaming kids running behind them. Michael literally never knew anything else from age 10 lol. How he kept being so sane through all the lunacy surrounding him is remarkable in itself.
My fave story of this type is an Osmonds story. Circa 1973, IIRC. They arrived at Heathrow airport and a wall collapsed under the weight of the fans.

But that's derailing. I shall cease and desist, lol.

Last edited:
And if these edits didn't exist my opinions of some songs would probably be lower. Like, YRMW is a great song but I prefer the intro a separate skippable moment. Though I still don't give WYBT much attention.
Speaking of yrmw...the Dangerous short film is what yrmw is. You can even see some the moves from Dangerous in there. I really wish he did a short film for that.

I don't know how this thread turned into another "we miss MJ/MJ had an ungodly presence" thread, but i did multiple edits of Dangerous for my own listening experience sometime ago, here's one which i called "radio edit" because it's extremely repetitive to make it as realistic as possible, lemme know what yall think :ROFLMAO:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-SJ677mxDidbBcsc8xrY2XvZNRkfSntJ/view?usp=drivesdk
Idk. But personally, why couldn't MJ sing Dangerous live? I hate the way he lip synced, HIStory tour sucked.

Back