What would be a realistic course of Michael's life from 2009 to present if he hadn't died?

djlukesw

Proud Member
If Michael hadn't died and if he were still alive today, what do you think could have happened since then?
I don't mean fan wishful thinking like he's released multiple #1 albums or toured for a number of years.
How do you realistically assess the course of his private life and his career?

I think he would have pursued other things in art. Maybe he would write or create musicals, soundtrack involvement, classical music. I am sure he would still try to score acting parts (without success mind) He would have been busy and creative that is for sure.

Most of his time could possibly go to humanitarian efforts. He would have done something for Turkey (earth quake) for example

I really don’t think he would be making pop albums in his 60s

oh, one of those coulda woulda shoulda! How does it matter 🤷‍♀️
I wish he had survived that night, it could have been a wakeup call for him to get off dangerous drugs and find some other way to deal with stress. Completed some or all of planned TII. Then probably gotten into movies. Though he was good at reinventing himself, so we might have gotten another album.

It's kind of important for me to hear your thoughts on this because maybe it would have been worse for him had he lived. And then I might come to the conclusion that it's good the way it is.

Unfortunately, I believe that Michale's life would not have taken a turn for the better, even if it looked like it in 2009. He had immense debts that could only have been settled through the tour and further subsequent tours.
But sooner or later he would certainly not have been able to continue and everything would have collapsed on him. He also had a tendency not to keep contracts and he would certainly have breached the contract with AEG at some point. More debts, more lawsuits and extreme payments to various lawyers (see the bodyguards' book).
He might even have lost custody of his children at some point. I think Michael would have lived a life on the run like he has since 2005. And once he was down, the likes of Wade Robson would probably have crawled out and staged another high profile trial.
I don't think Michael would have gotten much into producing music and films. Maybe 1-2 new songs, maybe a duet with Justin Bieber or Will.I.Am.
But it is also well known that he was not very reliable with his partners in the music industry in the last years of his life.
I believe the downward spiral would have continued and Michael would still be taking painkillers and feeling infinitely sad to this day.
But it's interesting to read what you guys think about it.

If thinking that makes you sleep better and make peace with his death, go ahead. That is all we have left now, coping mechanisms :cry: If one is alive, there is always a chance to make a change and improve your life (health problems being an exception).

Back