What would your relationship be like with each MJ era?

DarylJoel_B

Inactive
Country
United-States
I'll state mine first to give you an idea of what I mean.

J5 Era: No doubt a platonic, younger-brother type of relationship. I view him here the same way I view my younger sister. Someone to nurture and protect, but also play and color with. Let him be a child as much as possible while he still is one.
61b1367618f2993350b61b3e637e53c6.jpg

Jacksons to OTW Era: If he liked men? No doubt, he would be my boyfriend, 100%. And I would love and protect him so much, every day, be there for him in every way (omg that rhymed). But as far as I'm aware, he did not like men in the romantic sense, so realistically, we would still be very close, but just as friends. Don't think I wouldn't still have a mad crush on him, though.
cbe488202bafc61d325ed2c41d07a906.jpg

Thriller Era: It's complicated... I'm madly in love with him still, but he's too old for me to date at this point...

Actually, I think I'd be friends with him in the same way Emmanuel Lewis was friends with him (except I'm a little older and I'm too big for him to carry me in his arms).
616837ceccba530ac79d64d787784c85.jpg

Bad Era to HIStory Era: Things are starting to shift a little bit. This is where I start to view him more as like a caretaker and father figure than as a crush, but still remains a strong and compassionate friend. But at this point, it's more of like, the really cool uncle who is far less strict with rules and has no kids more than a parent.
1372108063001-mj1-1306241911_3_4.jpg

Late HIStory Era to Mature Era: By now, Michael has had his kids, and he's become older and wiser and is a little stricter on rules. He's like a full-on father figure/spirtual uncle to me now (especially when talking about late mature era). But we can still laugh and talk together like friends sometimes. There's multiple different fatherly names I've given to him in these eras ("uncle" especially.)
ca066e0ec9ed908e8d85d0d6c4db94a7.jpg

Side note: Please remain respectful of each other and do not start arguments with anyone.

~ DJ

J5 / Jacksons era - he's like a cousin. That is pretty much how I viewed him back in the day. Either a family member or someone in your neighbourhood that you knew really well.

After that, it's pretty much just bestie. Last summer I DID have a mad, 3 / 4 month Manhood mania phase which was weird and unexpected. Loads of fun but I did eventually return to my default setting which is 'Michael as bestie'. The only proviso is - when he gets married to his soulmate they need to understand that I am his lifelong bestie and we will continue to spend quality time together.

We will watch the moon rise (or set). We will sit in the Giving tree together. We will talk about ballet and dance. We will listen to loads of 60's music together.

This really isn't a very interesting contribution to your thread. Sorry! :D

This really isn't a very interesting contribution to your thread. Sorry! :D
nooooo for real? I think it is interesting! Having just a platonic attachment to Michael doesn't make the experience any less magical.

It was like that for me for years, until recently, when I became more comfortable coming out in a public setting (mostly on this forum anyway). Either way, the love is still there, and that's all that mattered. ❤️

One thing that each perspective shares in common is that there is an intense amount of love, and a kind of love that is very special. And a reminder to share that love with everyone else that I come across in my life.

nooooo for real? I think it is interesting! Having just a platonic attachment to Michael doesn't make the experience any less magical.
Oh no, I agree the love is always magical. I just meant, story telling is not my superpower so I just droned on in a very prosaic fashion and then just stopped abruptly, lol.

It was like that for me for years, until recently, when I became more comfortable coming out in a public setting (mostly on this forum anyway). Either way, the love is still there, and that's all that mattered. ❤️
My feelings for Michael or my relationship with him is actually quite complicated and always changing so I did want to keep it simple. After all these years I'm still processing what he even means to me or where I am in my relationship with him. It changes so much and it's never boring. There's SO many layers. I love it but it's hard to describe. Like trying to hold a handful of water, as soon as I try to focus on it in a meaningful way, it just slips away.

One thing that each perspective shares in common is that there is an intense amount of love, and a kind of love that is very special. And a reminder to share that love with everyone else that I come across in my life.
One thing I have never done, which I know some people here on the board have done, is give Michael my own little nicknames. He's just always been 'Michael' to me. I can't imagine calling him anything else.

But you are right about the love being very intense. It really is.

One thing I have never done, which I know some people here on the board have done, is give Michael my own little nicknames. He's just always been 'Michael' to me. I can't imagine calling him anything else.
Omg, I've given him such a plethora of nicknames throughout the years. 😭

I'll share more of the less embarrassing ones, lol (some of them, I feel like I'd get genuinely made fun of for).

My favorites are "baby", "angel" and "Mimi" (a friend of mine told me that allegedly Riley Keough called him Mimi as a child, hence why that name came about). Sometimes I also call him Daddy (not in an inappropriate way, I swear to God...), especially when I feel little or if I'm mad at my parents. It also helps me cope in several ways.

J5 era - my boyfriend and best friend and my life
Jackson era - good friends
Thriller and Bad and Dangerous and History era - friend
Mature era - like a parent he takes care of me and makes sure I don’t hurt myself

Off The Wall is like an old childhood friend. I'm older than he was then, but he was always the most like a role model to me.

Thriller is my peer and biggest inspiration.

Bad is the more wayward but magnetic still older influence.

Dangerous is like an older friend you can vibe with.

HIStory is like the main man to follow. Not a role model anymore, but someone to stick by and support. A friend I have to help now.

By Invincible and later he's literally the age group of my mom.

Back