What's Your Favorite Video(s) Of The Day?

I've been just obsessed with "Push Me Away" lately. This live performance is just perfect and the mini interview with Michael is also lovely. He's so sweet, handsome, and joyful. His voice is like a dream.

@zinniabooklover the video quality is terrible, but I think you'll enjoy this :)

I've been just obsessed with "Push Me Away" lately. This live performance is just perfect and the mini interview with Michael is also lovely. He's so sweet, handsome, and joyful. His voice is like a dream.

@zinniabooklover the video quality is terrible, but I think you'll enjoy this :)
It's one of my faves. I found two versions. One of them, weirdly, had the interview at the end after he's done Push Me Away. I have no idea why that bothered me or even why I'm mentioning it.

Brain still fuzzy with illness / mad throat infection / general crappiness.

Anyway, I agree. This is a darling piece of video. We are blessed to be able to access this stuff.

It's one of my faves. I found two versions. One of them, weirdly, had the interview at the end after he's done Push Me Away. I have no idea why that bothered me or even why I'm mentioning it.
I found two versions too and neither of them are great for different reasons. Not great in terms of quality of video. Michael, as always, is brilliant.

Brain still fuzzy with illness / mad throat infection / general crappiness.
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this :( You have all my compassion in the world. I have been in recovery from my surgery and just getting back to "normal" this week. It is so awful to not feel like your normal self physically. I am so sorry your illness has been so all-consuming. I so hope it starts to improve for you.

Anyway, I agree. This is a darling piece of video. We are blessed to be able to access this stuff.
We truly are! I keep thinking how badly we need restored videos of all of these 70s TV spots and specials released on DVD. I hate the thought of this stuff falling away from memory. There is so much more to restore and preserve with Michael than the 6 adult solo albums. I want ALL OF IT.

Brain all over the place. Haven't been online in about 10 days or so, feels weird. Plus, I only have room in my head for Dream Away - I've only listened 3 times but have played it in my head endlessly - so it felt really weird to suddenly be confronted with another song even if it's one I'm familiar with.

You mean, Michael recorded OTHER songs? Really??

My brain is struggling to comprehend this unexpected development, lol. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, that's why you got a gonzo response from me. I don't understand anything, atm. If it's not Dream Away my brain doesn't know what to do!

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this :( You have all my compassion in the world. I have been in recovery from my surgery and just getting back to "normal" this week.
Fingers crossed, I'm hoping you'll be well and nicely recovered in time for the holidays. :)

It is so awful to not feel like your normal self physically. I am so sorry your illness has been so all-consuming.
It's weird. I still feel like crap but I am just beginning to reconnect with my music. With Michael, that means Dream Away and nothing else. It's carrying me through a lot of stuff, atm.

I so hope it starts to improve for you.
Thank you.

We truly are! I keep thinking how badly we need restored videos of all of these 70s TV spots and specials released on DVD. I hate the thought of this stuff falling away from memory. There is so much more to restore and preserve with Michael than the 6 adult solo albums. I want ALL OF IT.
I want this SO much.

I don.t know if the date is correct but Michael sings GTBT as close as possible to the album version while on tour the same year he would sing some parts differently. So he was still able to hit the notes for this very demanding song if he wanted to in 1972 as this video proves.

I don.t know if the date is correct but Michael sings GTBT as close as possible to the album version while on tour the same year he would sing some parts differently. So he was still able to hit the notes for this very demanding song if he wanted to in 1972 as this video proves.

Thank you for posting this! Such a wonderful performance. I also enjoy Vocal Splendor's reactions. She has done many of Michael and she obviously adores him.

Btw, you mentioned in another thread how you tagged me in a different thread with some covers about Michael, but I (and others) didn't show interest. When you said this I meant to reply, but somehow didn't. Anyway, I have no idea where you tagged me in a thread. I don't always get notified of tags (@zinniabooklover knows this since I frequently stumble upon things she's tagged me in week's later). But I am definitely interested in that. So if you could let me know what thread it was in I will be happy to check it out!

Btw, you mentioned in another thread how you tagged me in a different thread with some covers about Michael, but I (and others) didn't show interest. When you said this I meant to reply, but somehow didn't. Anyway, I have no idea where you tagged me in a thread. I don't always get notified of tags (@zinniabooklover knows this since I frequently stumble upon things she's tagged me in week's later). But I am definitely interested in that. So if you could let me know what thread it was in I will be happy to check it out!
Apparently you did see it as you liked one of my posts. It is in the jazz thread. I have found a bunch of tribute albums made between 2009 and 2015 by a variety of artists and I love each effort. They’re all quality artists.

There is a latin album which is really energetic, a country album, 3 jazz albums. I was so proud to see such different genre artists paying tribute. What I liked most was that they picked a variety of songs from his entire career not just the 80s.

Apparently you did see it as you liked one of my posts. It is in the jazz thread.
Did I? lol I have no memory of this. I have no memory of visiting the jazz thread at all 😂 All I can say is this week is the first week I've been regularly on the forum again in about a month, so catching up has been challenging. I haven't even attempted to catch up on "manhood" which you know is one of my favorite places on earth. Either way, it was a very unintentional oversight on my part!

I have found a bunch of tribute albums made between 2009 and 2015 by a variety of artists and I love each effort. They’re all quality artists.

There is a latin album which is really energetic, a country album, 3 jazz albums. I was so proud to see such different genre artists paying tribute. What I liked most was that they picked a variety of songs from his entire career not just the 80s.
That sounds really cool! I will go back and visit the jazz thread again. I am trying to imagine what country might sound like... very interesting. Thank you!

Did I? lol I have no memory of this. I have no memory of visiting the jazz thread at all 😂 All I can say is this week is the first week I've been regularly on the forum again in about a month, so catching up has been challenging. I haven't even attempted to catch up on "manhood" which you know is one of my favorite places on earth.
You're missing out, girl. Just sayin' :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I have no idea where you tagged me in a thread. I don't always get notified of tags (@zinniabooklover knows this since I frequently stumble upon things she's tagged me in week's later).
I just tagged you on the Brad Sundberg seminar thread and even as I was posting I was wondering, 'why bother?' :ROFLMAO:

I love Elvis
Yeah, I saw that. You left a comment on the other thread. Elvis was something else, wasn't he? ❤️

He certainly had his moments and the 1968 comeback special was one of them. There are some nice bits in the '72 concert but the '68 is the best, imo. I generally ignore all the horrible bits of his story - which is a lot, let's face it - and just focus on him as a performer.

Yeah, I saw that. You left a comment on the other thread. Elvis was something else, wasn't he? ❤️

He certainly had his moments and the 1968 comeback special was one of them. There are some nice bits in the '72 concert but the '68 is the best, imo. I generally ignore all the horrible bits of his story - which is a lot, let's face it - and just focus on him as a performer.
Which 72 concert to you mean? From Elvis On Tour? I love that movie as well

@zinniabooklover I have the 68 comeback show bookmarked on YouTube. But I swear I saw a shortened version on BBC one day because I recognize the set up with the small stage in the middle of the audience.

I was hoping to find the full show in 1970 where @BuffaloBill87 posted the clip "you've lost that loving feeling" from but it doesn't seem to be on YouTube in full.

@zinniabooklover I have the 68 comeback show bookmarked on YouTube. But I swear I saw a shortened version on BBC one day because I recognize the set up with the small stage in the middle of the audience.
Ngl, I don't listen to Elvis often. Very sporadically. And I watch him even less (wth?). And I can never remember which bits I've seen and which I haven't. Have I seen the 1972 concert film in full or did we watch the documentary that just included bits of the 1972 gigs? Or did we see both? Did they even get broadcast in the UK? At least one of them *must* have bc I have a memory of these shows but it is quite fuzzy. So annoying. Maybe the BBC version you remember was the documentary?

I was hoping to find the full show in 1970 where @BuffaloBill87 posted the clip "you've lost that loving feeling" from but it doesn't seem to be on YouTube in full.
See this is the thing. I also have a memory of the 1970 show (Las Vegas). But where from? Was it broadcast in the UK? I haven't seen it on YT in recent years bc Elvis hasn't been on my radar for quite a while. This memory is from way back. And sometimes I also get the 1970 show and 1972 clips mixed up. Bc I mostly remember him (from those early 1970's shows) with the white outfit but not with the cape. I mean, I remember both but the white outfit without the cape is stronger in my head.

Just watched the Vegas 6m 22s YLTLF. I feel dizzy! Maybe I'd better not watch the full show, even if it's available. Not sure I could take it. Bc I do this. I forget how brilliant his voice is and how much I love him. Weird.

His band is SO brilliant. I need to find out who his bass player is.

EDIT - Jerry Obern Scheff, bass player with Elvis' TCB Band. :)

Last edited:
Just watched the Vegas 6m 22s YLTLF. I feel dizzy! Maybe I'd better not watch the full show, even if it's available. Not sure I could take it. Bc I do this. I forget how brilliant his voice is and how much I love him. Weird.
I agree that’s why I hope to see it somewhere online. There is something epic about it. He in his white costume looking like a king, that voice, the sweat, his poses.
I’m wondering did he not tour in the late 50s and early 60s? Everything available seems to come from the 1968 comeback going forward.
I was wondering that Jackie Wilson concert I love so much has him wearing a white suit in 1973. Who copied who? He was called the black Elvis as I recall.

I agree that’s why I hope to see it somewhere online. There is something epic about it.
Epic is definitely the right word.

He in his white costume looking like a king, that voice, the sweat, his poses.
omg, yes! Even though his poses are cliches - which he had done a million times before - they also look epic. Every time! When he's directing his band, when he's playing to the audience, when he's throwing rock god shapes. The whole shebang! Glorious!

He really does look like a king.

I’m wondering did he not tour in the late 50s and early 60s?
He was in the army 1958 - 1960, IIRC. He was making films from mid-50's to mid-60's, I think. How much that might have interfered with touring I have no idea. Who knows what Col. Parker had in mind?

Everything available seems to come from the 1968 comeback going forward.
I noticed that. There's gotta be more out there.

I was wondering that Jackie Wilson concert I love so much has him wearing a white suit in 1973. Who copied who? He was called the black Elvis as I recall.
Who knows? What outfits was Liberace wearing in the 50's and 60's? To my mind there is a similarity right there. Not real strong, maybe, but I can see it. Not so much specific outfits - bc Liberace wore a lot of jackets and trousers rather than jumpsuits - but the general look and feel and all the glitter and flash.

But I do know which Jackie Wilson outfit you mean. I dunno. They were quite close in years, those outfits, weren't they? I mean, with Michael's SC outfit there's a similarity if you look at the guy in Boney M and also Kid Creole. But there are quite a few years separating those 3 outfits.

That's the one. :)

Usually just watch random bits. My faves are Bridge Over Troubled Water, Polk Salad Annie and Proud Mary. His band is brilliant, the backing singers are to die for (the handclaps!) and Elvis is fabulous.
My favorite is an american trilogy

Back