What's Your Favorite Video(s) Of The Day?

@filmandmusic

Finding lots of little clips from the 1950's, just short little things. One from 1956 of Elvis at a Liberace gig. Another one from 1957 which starts with lots of screaming fans. :D

@zinniabooklover I had to look up Liberace, I see more Elton John than Elvis in that lol
Look deeper.

American Trilogy - ngl, this doesn't work for me. That's why I couldn't remember it, bc I usually don't listen to it. Have never enjoyed this one. Sorry, people!

Having a blast with all these little clips I found. Wish there was something more solid, though. For those early years, I mean. Guess it's not so surprising.

@zinniabooklover I had to look up Liberace, I see more Elton John than Elvis in that lol
Knew it! I knew it! Just found this. It also includes the little clip from 1956 that I mentioned. Elvis at a Liberace gig in 1956. Sorry, not a gig. A show!

It’s always a good feeling isn’t it 😄
Just to reiterate, I'm not saying there's a really *obvious* visual resemblance in their respective outfits. It's more the feel and the OTT flashiness. That's what jumped into my mind. This article - well, it's only a few paragraphs - pretty much matches where my thinking was going on this.

Everything that’s not bad is not bad!
But it is not good either which makes it average. I totally get it though, she heard and loved Elvis’ version first, it is all about affinity. I’ll go and listen to the Elvis version now!

But it is not good either which makes it average. I totally get it though, she heard and loved Elvis’ version first, it is all about affinity. I’ll go and listen to the Elvis version now!
Good isn’t bad! 🤣

The Jackson 5 / It's Your Thing - appearing on Miss Black America tv pageant, August 1969

4m 22s

Last edited:
Back