When was “walk right now” played during the triumph tour?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
How often was it played out of 44 shows? Where was it placed in the setlist? Which song did it replace and was it replaced by? Why was it axed?

According to this, in 5th place after Ben and before This Place Hotel. Assuming that the tracklist is correct. (note: Walk Right Now is not really included in the video.

Thanks a lot for the link. I hope if a miracle happens and we get to see this concert it will be from a concert with that song!
who knows maybe just maybe there are some other surprises that were just forgotten in time? Perhaps push me away or I can’t help it were performed somehow somewhere… one may dream right

There's at least a 1 or 2 minutes snippet of Walk Right Now live on YouTube.
I think I saw a live performance of Push Me Away but it was playback on TV or something (not sure).

Yeah i saw that performance it was for tv and playback unfortunately

According to this, in 5th place after Ben and before This Place Hotel. Assuming that the tracklist is correct. (note: Walk Right Now is not really included in the video.
Oh yea, that's my old video just reuploaded lol.

"Walk Right Now" was a song that was played from at least the first month of the Triumph Tour, between "Ben" & "Heartbreak Hotel". Sugarfoot has released some rehearsal audio (mostly band, but he shared snippets of Michael singing before) & snippets from the first night in Memphis have surfaced. After it was removed, the explosion from the song was moved to Heartbreak Hotel.

The owner has been hoarding the first show in Memphis for years & I tried for about 3 years to get it but with no luck (except for some Destiny/Triumph Tour snippets from other shows he has.) It'd be a miracle if the show ever leaked. It's only audio there, but a snippet of video is online as well, I just didn't have the right audio to go with it since he's only ever shared two snippets.

There was never a given reason why it was axed, at least not from my research. The earliest show I know that doesn't mention the song is July 28th at the Lakeland Civic Center (from a newspaper report, it mentions most of the songs except for that one).

Oh yea, that's my old video just reuploaded lol.

By chance, was "The Jacksons What You Don’t Know Live 1977" (in the video description) also one of your videos? I was curious about this but it's not available anymore.

Of the 44 Triumph shows how many have the potential to be released some day? I also would like an answer for this question regarding the victory tour. So I mean shows that have been filmed with an eye for release some day.

I have been trying to find out setlist for years now for Jackson 5 and Jacksons concert but the info seems lost in time, unfortunately.

Thanks for your efforts seldervi

Of the 44 Triumph shows how many have the potential to be released some day?
Probably this.

Agq6xjR.png

That would be a bummer as walk right now most likely wasn’t played at the Forum

By chance, was "The Jacksons What You Don’t Know Live 1977" (in the video description) also one of your videos? I was curious about this but it's not available anymore.
It wasn't, no. None of the links in the description were made by me. It bums me out slightly because I was going back & forth with friends trying to get literally everything, but that's in the past. I noticed the reuploader removed the first part, featuring "The Triumph", which started every show. Looks like Sony's taking that down now that the music video is official uploaded, which it wasn't when I made it back in 2019.
Of the 44 Triumph shows how many have the potential to be released some day? I also would like an answer for this question regarding the victory tour. So I mean shows that have been filmed with an eye for release some day.

I have been trying to find out setlist for years now for Jackson 5 and Jacksons concert but the info seems lost in time, unfortunately.

Thanks for your efforts seldervi

I'm not sure, I know at least 9 Triumph Tour shows that existed in the hands of collectors & the estate, with 2 of those being rehearsals. The estate has the full show on 9/26/81, which they used during the Documentary. They also have at least the last three songs of 9/25/81, and Questlove also has it. Of course, 9/26/81 is the most common show, which got a quality boost a couple years ago (still stuck as a 4-cam).

Jackson 5 setlists weren't always the same night to night, every night had about a song or two changed, and around 1974 they adopted two different setlists based on venues/dates. The setlist for the Triumph Tour goes as follows.

-"The Triumph" Music Video-
1. Can You Feel It
2. Things I Do For You
3. Off The Wall
4. Ben
5. Walk Right Now
6. Heartbreak Hotel
7. She's Out Of My Life
-Movie & Rap-
8. Medley: I Want You Back / ABC / The Love You Save
9. I'll Be There
10. Rock With You
11. Lovely One
12. Working Day & Night
13. Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough
14. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)

Reactions: MJ5
@Seldervi

How did you find out about the little changes in setlist for the Jackson 5? I would love it if you post some if you can.
2 different setlists from 1974 onwards? Sounds exciting!

They also have at least the last three songs of 9/25/81, and Questlove also has it.
They have the full show for sure. Questlove posted a snippet of Can You Feel It on his Instagram a while ago.

Oh wow, a new snippet! He's posted two other ones before in the past, but not this! This is definitely the show on the 25th, the outfits match up 1:1.

@Seldervi

How did you find out about the little changes in setlist for the Jackson 5? I would love it if you post some if you can.
2 different setlists from 1974 onwards? Sounds exciting!
Newspapers. I don't have them written down.

Some papers from 1971 or 1972 mention stuff like Jermaine singing some unreleased song called "My Girl", and songs like "How Funky Is Your Chicken". and of course the first real Jackson 5 show in 1970 had songs that would never be performed again, like "My Cherie Amour" & "Yesterday".

For 1974, the first setlist was for regular shows, like events & 1-off shows. The best comparison would be the 1975 Mexico show (but with songs like Skywriter & the like.).

The second setlist was for their Vegas-style shows, featuring less J5 songs. You might've seen them through specials, like "Killing Me Softly" & "The History of Music", stuff that they would perform on TV appearances at the time. These would be performed during long-stretches of show back-to-back & wasn't generally well received by critics.

If you find the time to search through those old newspapers can you provide us with the setlists that you can fine @Seldervi ?
I might ask a lot but you have more info so I needed to ask…
Thank you either way!

Back