When will we get new songs/album?

When will we get new songs/album?

• Total voters

Lord Jackson

Banned
Since we got rumors of a new album (announcement) and nothing happened, I'm curious what your opinions are on when the Estate would release anything.

jesus are the polls dead or something?

4 days and only one person voted (other than me)

jesus are the polls dead or something?

4 days and only one person voted (other than me)
Well, there doesn't seem to be much point in voting on something so subjective and arbitrary - like it's not even an opinion anyone can have. Voting would literally mean just picking a year, for no particular reason (IMO).

You ain't got 2021 and you can bet your bottom dollar it's this year. 50th year anniversary won't go unnoticed. I definitely think something will be announced by mje and the weekend!

I don't know about an album, since apparently Branca said that their goal (at least as of 2018, and for all we know maybe they changed their goal since then) was to release individual songs. This might be a good idea, since this would stretch out the Vault a bit longer and also new singles can be put together on an album later after a few are already released.

As for a timeline, I am certain we will get a soundtrack out of the Broadway show, which means sometime in 2022 (given that the show is opening next February). There's a small chance unreleased music (not necessarily songs but perhaps alternate takes/vocals) could be incorporated alongside the main cast. Like the above poster said, this is the 50th anniversary, and it would be very strange if they missed it entirely. If 2021 is missed, 2022 seems very promising given the Broadway show and Prince's recent comment about future projects.

Back