When will we get to hear.....

Officially released? For all but one (The Way You Love Me), your guess is as good as ours.

Some do exist online but have yet to be officially released. Off the top of my head, an earlier version of Hold My Hand leaked online sometime in 2008.

A demos of Hollywood Tonight was leaked online as well. It has one line that was removed from the Michael album ("she's only fifteen") as well as MJ speaking during the bridge with instructions before giving a rough yet lovely angel-like vocal.

The demo for The Way You Love Me was officially released on The Ultimate Collection back in 2004. Finally, an earlier version of Another Day leaked many, many years ago. That's my preferred version of the song.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear the originals - esp. Behind The Mask.

I would also like to know the story behind Much Too Soon. As far as I know Michael recorded it (the version that is on the Michael album) in 1994, but it is a much older song, first copyrighted in the early 80s. So I'd like to know if it changed since between the 80s version and what was recorded in 1994.

Yes Much too Soon must be the only untouched (original) song on the Michael album?

Definitely Behind the Mask is the one I wanna hear most.

94? Early 80s!? I thought Much Too Soon was recorded in the mid 2000s! Or during the Invincible era!

Officially released? For all but one (The Way You Love Me), your guess is as good as ours.

There are also different demos of Hollywood Tonight in various stages of completion online. One has a line that was removed from the Michael album ("she's only fifteen") and another has MJ speaking during the bridge with instructions before giving a rough yet lovely angel-like vocal.

There is only one Hollywood Tonight Demo. Both "She's only fifteen" line and MJ speaking during the bridge are in that same demo. There is no other demo currently available online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4JT4F9zYFU

There is only one Hollywood Tonight Demo. Both "She's only fifteen" line and MJ speaking during the bridge are in that same demo. There is no other demo currently available online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4JT4F9zYFU

That's odd, I've heard one that doesn't have the bridge speaking but does retain the "She's only fifteen line". Most distinguishably it also kicks in with an electric guitar sometime at around 1:45.

Is there a specific thread with the original leaks / demos and possible attached dates? I tried and couldn't find anything? It's so hard to keep track of the real MJ tracks (especially from the Michael and XScape album) since the influx of fake songs thrown about over the past couple of years.

Is there a specific thread with the original leaks / demos and possible attached dates? I tried and couldn't find anything? It's so hard to keep track of the real MJ tracks (especially from the Michael and XScape album) since the influx of fake songs thrown about over the past couple of years.

What dates do you wanna know? I'll write you the dates (years) of the songs released on MICHAEL and Xscape albums. These are the years when the majority or all lead vocals were recorded. MJ would often work on the songs again, but mostly on music and production. The lead vocals would always be from the original sessions.

1. Hold My Hand - 2007
2. Hollywood Tonight - 1999
3. The Way You Love Me - Invincible sessions (cca 1999)
4. Best Of Joy - 2008
5. Another Day - Invincible sessions (cca 1999)
6. Behind The Mask - 1981
7. Much Too Soon - 1994

1. Love Never Felt So Good - 1980
2. Chicago - 1999
3. Loving You - before Bad sessions started (cca 1985)
4. A Place With No Name - 1998
5. Slave To The Rhythm - 1990
6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are - during Bad sessions (cca 1986)
7. Blue Gangsta - 1998
8. Xscape - 1999

Cheers mate. I'm just always so curious what we had prior to June of 09 leak wise? I know XScape was mostly post 09 with the exception of some which we got on the CD anyways, and I have had Hold My Hand since 2007, I was just curious if I was missing anything? I don't know which Another Day cut Historic is talking about? Do we have a demo of that? I've heard the 3T (can't remember which brother) version, and I think Lenny mentioned something in a video awhile ago about having something, but that's all I remember? I guess the long and short of it is I just wanna hear versions Mike worked in all their incomplete glory (I like the craft of it all :p)

Cheers mate. I'm just always so curious what we had prior to June of 09 leak wise? I know XScape was mostly post 09 with the exception of some which we got on the CD anyways, and I have had Hold My Hand since 2007, I was just curious if I was missing anything? I don't know which Another Day cut Historic is talking about? Do we have a demo of that? I've heard the 3T (can't remember which brother) version, and I think Lenny mentioned something in a video awhile ago about having something, but that's all I remember? I guess the long and short of it is I just wanna hear versions Mike worked in all their incomplete glory (I like the craft of it all :p)

Prior to June of 09 we had Hold My Hand (leaked in 2008), The Way You Love Me (released in 2004), Xscape (leaked in 2003) & Love Never Felt So Good (leaked in 2006). Also rapper Tempamental remixed Blue Gangsta without MJ's permission and made it available on his MySpace web page in late 2006.

55 seconds of the original version (it's not a demo) of Another Day leaked in 2009 weeks after MJ's death. I don't think 3T had anything to do with any version of the song. Maybe you think about She Was Lovin' Me which Tarryl Jackson co-produced with Cory Rooney. Lenny Kravitz released his version of the song featuring Jay-Z in 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYq1vPaPGwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phjH8g1t8C4

Back