Where/What were you doing when you heard Michael passed+how will you remember him?

I was living in England at the time and was playing on my xbox. I accidentally turned over to the TV and saw something about MJ. I thought it was talking about his concerts at the O2, but then listened more carefully to find he had cardiac arrest.

In an instant my world changed, and alone in my flat I could barely pick myself of the floor. I don't think I have ever in my life been so affected by anything. I went into denial thinking it was all a con, but when BBC news confirmed he was no longer with us I nearly died of a broken heart myself.

I phoned up my Mum in Australia, it was quite early in the morning there and she had not seen the news. Barely able to speak I told my Mum the news. I was completely unconsolable. I was unable to go to work for 2 days. Everyone at work knew why I was not there. They knew just how excited I was about going to see TII and that this news would have destroyed me.

I will always remember Michael for bringing me hope, joy and inspiration. I choose to live my life helping people, being decent and giving time to people in need all in his honour.

Michael was my friend, one I never met personally, but he has had such a huge impact on my life I feel as though we have known each other for ever.

My heart still aches and will forever be heavy, but I take solace in knowing there is a community of people just like me.

"Today we stand together, all around the world, joined in a common purpose to remake the planet into a haven of joy and understanding and goodness. No one should have to suffer, especially our children. This time we must succeed." - Michael Jackson

I was at work and received a text that he had a heart attack. I spent the rest of the afternoon at home in front of my computer just watching the live newsfeed and waiting for them to say he was okay. It was awful....it felt like years waiting. I was in complete denial once they announced it.

I will remember how much joy he brought me through his music, dance, and beliefs. He taught us what we need to do to help the Earth and people and I am doing my best to work towards the future he wanted for the world.

... I was sleeping than at 5 o'clock my radio alarm clock turns on and I've heard this...

It hits me like if a family member has died. I can't describe that feeling exactly. But then I thought that would be an other weird joke from the media and I go to work like all the other days. There was his music all around and I begin to realize that it is true.

His music, videos and messages are always with me.
My colleague and I are talking about Michael every day.

It was just a few days after I had finished University....................

........I was feeling good that I had the opportunity to watch Michael Jackson in the O2.............

........I was feeling even better that my tickets were on the same day as my 21st birthday..........

........And I was just wondering that my tickets should be arriving soon......and then when I flicked on to the news channel............

........the World stopped!!!!!!!

Back