All I Do (Hotter Than July 1980)
Just Good Friends (Bad 1987)
Get It ( Characters 1987)

Michael & Paul McCartney

The Girl Is Mine (Thriller 1982)
Say Say Say (Pipes of Peace 1983)
The Man (Pipes of Peace 1983)

Michael & Freddie Mercury
State of Shock (Officially released with Mick Jagger on Victory 1984)
There Must Be More To Life Than This (Officially released on Bad Guy 1985 and Queen Forever 2014)
Victory (Unreleased)

Michael & Diana Ross
Ease On Down The Road (The Wiz 1978)
Muscles (Silk Electric 1982)
Eaten Alive (Eaten Alive 1985)

Michael & Akon

WBSS 2008 (Thriller 25 2008)
Hold My Hand (Michael 2010)

Michael & Notorious BIG
This Time Around (HIStory) 1995
Unbreakable (Invincible 2001)

Last edited:
MIchael & Freddie Mercury, even though we haven't heard Victory, these two are two of my favourite music artists, so I have to go with this duo.

I like Michael's songs with Paul McCartney, but the songs could have been better.

I am not really a fan of Michael's collaborations with Stevie Wonder. Just Good Friends and Get It are very underwhelming and I have never heard All I Do.

Mike and Stevie is unbeaten. I love all the others too but Mike and Stevie are divine gifts. I'd pay to hear them duet the phone book

Their harmonies are wonderful, I can only hope there is another unreleased duet from the Bad era

It should be Michael with Stevie but it is Michael with Paul. He is not named but I like his duets with Jermaine the most.

Say Say Say has e great video and the song is great. - Also, I like TGIM, so I think I will go with MJ and Paul.

I'll be honest here, most of his "duets" suck. I can't into the Beatles type of songs, so The Man and The Girl Is Mine are an easy pass for me. Same can be said about Girlfriend, which is written by Paul. Say Say Say is a good one, though. Stevie tracks are underwhelming af. The Freddie tracks, I dunno. Something seems to be missing from them.
I think This Time Around with Biggie sounds good. And I can't forget how I felt and had the OG Hold My Hand on repeat when it leaked back in 2007, even though back then it was supposed to be an Akon feat MJ, not the other way around. WBSS 2008 is a honorable mention as well, as I don't necessarily want to skip the track as I do with the other duets.

I actually also like WBSS2008 - becuase it's like a new song where WBSS is incorporated.

The first verse by AKON, "I met her..." - and then the song kicks in. - That's the only new version I like.

Jason Malachi and Michael Jackson doing the adlibs and his strong signature screams.
they have 12 songs together.

I'll be honest here, most of his "duets" suck. I can't into the Beatles type of songs, so The Man and The Girl Is Mine are an easy pass for me. Same can be said about Girlfriend, which is written by Paul. Say Say Say is a good one, though. Stevie tracks are underwhelming af. The Freddie tracks, I dunno. Something seems to be missing from them.
I think This Time Around with Biggie sounds good. And I can't forget how I felt and had the OG Hold My Hand on repeat when it leaked back in 2007, even though back then it was supposed to be an Akon feat MJ, not the other way around. WBSS 2008 is a honorable mention as well, as I don't necessarily want to skip the track as I do with the other duets.
I actually also like WBSS2008 - becuase it's like a new song where WBSS is incorporated.

The first verse by AKON, "I met her..." - and then the song kicks in. - That's the only new version I like.
Finally people that don't trash on the Thriller 25 remixes...

That and maybe TGIM 2008 are the only good ones thoooo
P.Y.T and Beat It don't sound bad either, Beat it was a good modernization and P.Y.T a nice reimagining of the song.

Billie Jean remix just sounds awful though.

I really like There must be more to life than this - BUT not the released version. I've heard some other (maybe fanmade??) versions that are far superior and really great. - The vocals are amazing. - IMO the two best vocalists ever - along with Frank Sinatra maybe. :)

Reactions: MJ5
Ok since some people like the new versions of those thriller tracks it spurs me on to listen to them for the first time since T25 got released.

The Freddie tracks sounds like what they are, unfinished demos

Michael & Biggie. I remember getting Invincible when it released, and hearing Biggie on Unbreakable not knowing that he was even on the song had me in awe. This Time Around was genius as well. I'd go with Michael & Stevie next.

Cool thread!

I'd love to say the Freddie Mercury duets, because I've listened to a lot of Queen in my life, but the tracks are too bare, and we still haven't heard Victory (release it already, ffs).

So going for quality, I'd vote for the Stevie Wonder duets. Love the 80s funky sounds and you get the feeling of them really giving it their all.

McCartney duets are nice, but a bit too soft for them to beat the Wonder duets in my case.

This Time Around is gold, but I don't consider Unbreakable a proper duet since they just took old Biggie vocals and pasted them in.

Conclusion: Odd how few duets Michael did in his entire music career. There are still a good amount of unheard duets however

Back