Which of Michael's Solo Tour is the best?

Which of Michael's Solo Tours is the best?

• Bad World Tour

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Dangerous World Tour

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • History World Tour

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
Anybody who didn’t vote for bad is just trolling, honest opinion :p
What the hell is that supposed to mean? I happen to think HIStory tour is the best, and I sure as hell ain't trolling. Not everyone has to think that the Bad tour is the best, ya know

@Michaels Lover
The smilie was supposed to give away I wasn't entirely serious but at the same time it means that for me it isn't even close to pick the best one out of those 3 choices. Anyway no offense meant guys!

I wanna be a prick and vote for either Destiny, Victory or Triumph and yes I know they are not solo tours but he never sounded better during is adult years. Heck maybe the goin places and "the jacksons" tours were even better but there is no footage of it anywhere so we don't know.

I wanna be a prick and vote for either Destiny, Victory or Triumph and yes I know they are not solo tours but he never sounded better during is adult years. Heck maybe the goin places and "the jacksons" tours were even better but there is no footage of it anywhere so we don't know.
I agree, he sounded the best then.

1. Bad 2. Dangerous 3. History.
Dangerous had some improvements over Bad like some new dance moves & choreographies, better intro & ending, much better lighting (a lot more varilites), Siedah instead of Sheryl, theatrics in Thriller & the rising stage (both in just a few shows), but it's still not better than Bad in my opinion.

Bad had less lipsynching with 2 or 4 songs on the 2nd leg (encore wasn't always performed), 1 song on the 1st US leg (I assume) & 0 on the 1st leg compared to 9 & later 7 songs on Dangerous, it had a better setlist, better outfits (e.g. main, WDAN, Beat It, Thriller), better vocals, more energy, band groove instead of lulls & videos & it had Chris Currell who played a huge role in the band (played around 30-50% of the music).

I'm comparing the 88' & 92' leg of the Bad & Dangerous tour here but once you factor in the 87' & 93' legs Bad gains a bigger advantage; in the 1st leg his vocals were brilliant & he was more energetic & free.

Also it's not a solo tour but the Triumph tour was also incredible; Michael's vocal peak, an amazing band with a horn section, good chemistry with his brothers, cool outfits & he seemed happy & spontaneous. It's 1 of his best tours yet so underrated.

@8th wonder yeah man we really should see a triumph tour date released instead of another bad tour date. Back in the day it was voted as one of the most exciting concert of 1981. It deserves attention. Preferably a show with "walk right now" as it was rehearsed and presumably played a few times.

After watching all 3 on YouTube, multiple times, each was unique. Bad clearly had best vocals and energy, but then he was 30 at that time!. HIStory had some great dancing, on stage wow! factors and of course the gold pants. In Dangerous, dancing was more advanced than Bad, also it had more showmanship, more audience interactions. Michael seemed way more 'human' in Dangerous tour, than the out-of-this-world perfect singing and dancing machine in the other two.

I personally don't understand the whole hubbub about about about the Bad Tour, he's not as energetic as the Victory or Dangerous Tour, not as precise as Dangerous or HIStory. The vocals aren't as good as Victory and not as creative as HIStory (Beat It on the HIStory Tour sounds rad).

The 1987 leg is primarily a rehash of the Victory Tour minus the energy and the Jacksons. Michael does seem happier than in the Victory Tour so that's something.

The 1988 leg clearly has more work put into it but it's still not quite good enough to work and a lot of it feels like a routine, unlike later tours where he changes things up a lot more. It's also where he started to change the pitch on certain songs to make them sound awful. I would geniunely prefer he lip-synched Beat It than lower the pitch to the extent he did. Every show also feels like a lot of the same, same ad-libs same moves, even the same camera angles on the ones we have pro footage of.

I never really liked the vocals much on the Bad Tour either. Putting the previously mentioned pitch change aside, it felt like he was trying to sound like the album but couldn't to the same level of success as other tours (seemingly because he danced more). Later tours where he approached the vocal stylings differently.

I don't hate it. I'd like to understand people's love for it so I can love it too but currently, it just doesn't do anything for me.

@ArchieSmash Well I personally would have preferred Michael to keep touring with his brothers, they were excellent background vocalists and they had great chemistry.
I quite dislike them as backing vocals and for instrumentation they were very lacking compared to later tours. This only counts for Michael songs though. It just doesn't seem like they have a high enough vocal range to pull off something like Beat It. I certainly wouldn't mind the Jacksons being members of the band alongside his new one but on their own they just don't work on the scale Michael worked with. If they were there for the later Jackson 5 Medley that would be super cool though, even if only for one concert.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I happen to think HIStory tour is the best, and I sure as hell ain't trolling. Not everyone has to think that the Bad tour is the best, ya know
well not everybody happens to love hearing a CD instead of Michael's actual live voice ,just saying lol

He's not as energetic as the Victory or Dangerous Tour.
The Bad Tour was actually way more energetic than the Dangerous Tour.
Wanna Be Starting Something and Beat It are the prime examples why Bad had more energy than Dangerous. He is maybe not dancing as much as he did during the Dangerous Tour,but his overall energy is still way,way better.
Victory and Bad are pretty equal in terms of energy ,but the dancing during Bad is more developed and the performances of Beat it and Billie Jean have a greater coregraphy.

Not as precise as Dangerous or HIStory. The vocals aren't as good as Victory and not as creative as HIStory (Beat It on the HIStory Tour sounds rad).
History may have more precise dancing,but it generally lacks energy big time.Brunei 1996 and Basel 1997 are one of the few concerts where he was actually energetic, in my opinion.
The vocals during the 1987 leg are maybe greater than the vocals during the whole Victory Tour . Also, there was this long,high note he usually held at the end of ,,Rock With You,, for 12 seconds on averrage ,and this happened during the entire Bad Tour( he held it for 13 seconds in Brisbane 87 tho). This same note was only held for 2-3 seconds during the Victory Tour.
And wasn't Beat it during the History Tour basically lip-synched? The ad-libs sound great most of the time,but there are under 2 minutes of ad-libs in Beat it performances during the History Tour.

Bad tour has my heart forever! I could watch this tour 24/7 and never tire of it lol.

However, I genuinely love all three tours and watch all of them regularly. They are each unique and exciting to me and Michael was always incredible. Each tour really brings something unique and special.

Dangerous Dangerous Dangerous :love: . I just cannot get over that outfit :LOL: Bad is just too much for me!

@8th wonder yeah man we really should see a triumph tour date released instead of another bad tour date. Back in the day it was voted as one of the most exciting concert of 1981. It deserves attention. Preferably a show with "walk right now" as it was rehearsed and presumably played a few times.
Comments from below the YT video of Triumph Memphis gig. I've posted these before but am doing so again since it strongly suggests the existence of actual footage. Assuming this person isn't just talking nonsense. I would love to hear this.

1 - "Why did they cut out Walk right now been looking for a live version everywhere but can't seem to find it and now I was so close ahhh" (from YT)

2 - "And you never will find not in this life time but you know who has the full copy is Jackie jackson I am very close friend of him I was over his place 15 years ago and he has a full copy of this show that's how I saw walk right now it was amazing performance" (from YT)

Last edited:
The Bad Tour was actually way more energetic than the Dangerous Tour.
Wanna Be Starting Something and Beat It are the prime examples why Bad had more energy than Dangerous. He is maybe not dancing as much as he did during the Dangerous Tour,but his overall energy is still way,way better.
You're picking overly specific examples for this. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' was the first song in the setlist during the Bad Tour and Michael was taking a new approach to Beat It during the Dangerous Tour (more chill and cool like Bad since it wasn't in the setlist anymore). Generally the Bad Tour is really energetic for the first couple songs and then he calms down for the rest of the concert.

History may have more precise dancing,but it generally lacks energy big time.Brunei 1996 and Basel 1997 are one of the few concerts where he was actually energetic, in my opinion.
Brunei is a really bizarre pick here, it's easily the least energetic December show and Michael is clearly very tired due to the high temperature there and the fact he can't feed off the audience due to the lower attendance (4,000 people). I still like the concert overall but energy is not it's strongsuit. Basel (and Dublin) is legit the most energetic Michael Jackson concert we have footage of though.

The vocals during the 1987 leg are maybe greater than the vocals during the whole Victory Tour . Also, there was this long,high note he usually held at the end of ,,Rock With You,, for 12 seconds on averrage ,and this happened during the entire Bad Tour( he held it for 13 seconds in Brisbane 87 tho). This same note was only held for 2-3 seconds during the Victory Tour.
The vocals in 1987 are much more inconsistent when it comes to vocals, with the Tokyo shows being superior to the Victory Tour in most ways, but the other shows only being superior when it comes to the Thriller songs (minus Beat It which was still better in 1984). It doesn't help that Mike was suffering from some pretty bad voice problems there (Yokohama September 26th, Osaka October 12th, Brisbane November 28th) whereas he was perfectly fine throughout the Victory Tour.

One Rock With You high note does not a better performance make. If that were true then that would mean LA 1989 had better vocals then the rest of the tour which you know isn't true.

And wasn't Beat it during the History Tour basically lip-synched? The ad-libs sound great most of the time,but there are under 2 minutes of ad-libs in Beat it performances during the History Tour.
Beat It is live for the majority of the performance. One must not immediately write off a performance's vocals when it uses playback to any extent. Billie Jean has even more playback and that's still easily got the best vocals of any tour purely by the ad-libs being kick-ass.

Last edited:
Basel (and Dublin) is legit the most energetic Michael Jackson concert we have footage of though.
I mean, we do have some footage of Michael's first ever show at Wembley, 14/07/88.

His energy isn't incredible or anything there, pretty subpar for the Bad Tour to be honest.
Sub-par?:0
That's maybe the greatest Michael Jackson live footage I've ever seen.
All live and a crazy amount of precise and energetic dance moves .
I respect your opinion tho

Back