Who would you have liked to see produce an MJ album?

Who would you have liked to see produce an MJ album?

• Bee Gees (early 80s)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Stevie Wonder (post forever Michael, pre the Wiz)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Daft Punk (nillies)

• Bobby Taylor (somewhere 1970-1975)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else (please comment)

• Total voters
Any Stevie Wonder is brilliant for me. Stevie and Mike were always magic together

John Barnes always brought the best out of Michael as a songwriter

Dr Freeze around 1998ish. Mike's voice was exquisite at that point and I think Dr Freeze got the best out of Michael during there time together. I think a whole RnB/new jack style album would have been interesting. On the tracks they did together Michael sounded fresh, but still had that Michael sound just matured.

Absolutely agreed on Dr. Freeze, the songs he made with MJ are easily the highlights of the Invincible era, even Jungle City is catchy and is great to listen to. I really wish they had worked on more than 3 songs together.

My main pick though would be Brad Buxer, every song he made with MJ is incredible. I can't think of one song of his that sounds bad or anything close, even the songs that aren't very liked by the community (I.e The Lost Children) have a nice composition to them.

Second would be RedOne, a lot of the songs he produced in the 2000's are great and I'm sure that with MJ's guidance their music would be nothing short of spectacular. I'd kill to be able to listen to the few songs they made together, even if they're extremely half-baked.

Jimmy Page
Everyone talks about Jimmy Page the guitarist, but his work behind the board is celebrated way less often. He's a master of riffs, as his great (if occasionally self-absorbed) work on Led Zeppelin albums proves, but listen beyond those famous guitar lines and you'll hear some of the best-crafted and meticulous-sounding records of the '70s. From the sonic onslaught of Led Zeppelin II to the details tucked away in the corners of their fourth LP to the intricate shadings heard throughout Physical Graffiti, Page was a master perfectionist when it came to how those Led Zeppelin albums sounded. All these years later, they're still capable of revealing small wonders. (Gallucci)

Jimmy Page
Everyone talks about Jimmy Page the guitarist, but his work behind the board is celebrated way less often. He's a master of riffs, as his great (if occasionally self-absorbed) work on Led Zeppelin albums proves, but listen beyond those famous guitar lines and you'll hear some of the best-crafted and meticulous-sounding records of the '70s. From the sonic onslaught of Led Zeppelin II to the details tucked away in the corners of their fourth LP to the intricate shadings heard throughout Physical Graffiti, Page was a master perfectionist when it came to how those Led Zeppelin albums sounded. All these years later, they're still capable of revealing small wonders. (Gallucci)
<currently listening to In My Time of Dying>

Really interesting suggestion. Physical Graffiti-era Jimmy Page and Michael working on something together - definitely has potential. šŸ˜²

<currently listening to In My Time of Dying>

Really interesting suggestion. Physical Graffiti-era Jimmy Page and Michael working on something together - definitely has potential. šŸ˜²
true
a song with a rhythm like Trampled Under Foot would've been great for Michael

From the list, Bee Gees in 1978-80.

I second Jimmy Page. He produced the 5.1 mix for a Led Zep live album recorded at the LA Forum in 1972, exactly 2 months before the J5 live album was recorded.

Max Martin, because he was the hit maker Michael needed in the 21st century.

Last edited:
Any Stevie Wonder is brilliant for me. Stevie and Mike were always magic together

John Barnes always brought the best out of Michael as a songwriter

Dr Freeze around 1998ish. Mike's voice was exquisite at that point and I think Dr Freeze got the best out of Michael during there time together. I think a whole RnB/new jack style album would have been interesting. On the tracks they did together Michael sounded fresh, but still had that Michael sound just matured.
He was producing an album for MJ or the J5 in the 70s between G.I.T. Get It Together and Dancing Machine. I donā€™t think many tracks were finished but the song Buttercup was released officially from those sessions on the ā€œI Want You Back, Unreleased Mastersā€ album in 2009.

Jimmy Page
No.

Lori Mattix, sometimes known as Lori Maddox or Lori Lightning, is an American former child model and "baby" groupie of the 1970s. As of November 2015, she is a partner and buyer for the Glam Boutique in West Hollywood.[1] She is perhaps best known for an interview with Thrillist in 2015 in which she made allegations of being involved in sexual relationships with David Bowie, Jimmy Page, and Mick Jagger; these are relationships which would have occurred while she was underage and while the musicians were in their twenties, although her connections to Bowie and Jagger are disputed.

Back