Why do you think we don't have Munich 4th of July released?

milo_r2000

Proud Member
I have really always wondered why we only got 7th July mixed with 4th of July but we never got standalone 4th of July, it's pretty obvious there's footage of it because of the snippets of Scream, TDRCAU, Wanna Be Startin' Something and specially Stranger in Moscow. I hope we once get the full concert released. Unless it's already released but it's not uploaded on any platform, because why ORF 2 HD has it? Also this is my first thread so if it's kinda long, I'm sorry. :yes: :blush:
maxresdefault.jpg

I have really always wondered why we only got 7th July mixed with 4th of July but we never got standalone 4th of July, it's pretty obvious there's footage of it because of the snippets of Scream, TDRCAU, Wanna Be Startin' Something and specially Stranger in Moscow. I hope we once get the full concert released. Unless it's already released but it's not uploaded on any platform, because why ORF 2 HD has it? Also this is my first thread so if it's kinda long, I'm sorry. :yes: :blush:
maxresdefault.jpg
I think this is because Munich was intended to be released in 97 but it was shelved. Mj probably had those shows mixed for that reason. Munich wasnt the best show of that tour...

It seems the Estate was working on a Munich 4K project at some point and some of the multitracks from the show and a rough version of Billie Jean leaked (
)
Seems like a mix of both Munich dates
Don't know if the estate still plans on releasing it though

Last edited:
Normally, I would always want them to release a single, original show, unedited.

However, since HIStory was essentially exactly the same setlist and exactly the same pre-recorded audio every night, it might be better in this case to combine many different performances into one DVD. Try to get the best dance performance of each song, regardless of location.

It seems the Estate was working on a Munich 4K project at some point and some of the multitracks from the show and a rough version of Billie Jean leaked (
)
This is from the Estate? This looks pretty clean but the lip-sync always throws me off

)
Well let me be d... I have never seen this version before. This sounds so refreshing... This is nto playback, is it? It must be at least partially live.

I’d prefer the entire history tour to disappear from the face of the earth, it is embarrassing to turn off your mic for 95% of your songs. It is potentially very damaging to his artistic image but it was his own choice and he didn’t hide it (YANA anyone) so he must have had a completely different view on the matter as I do.
I can appreciate the honesty in that, most artist would try to hide it by all means.

I’d prefer the entire history tour to disappear from the face of the earth, it is embarrassing to turn off your mic for 95% of your songs. It is potentially very damaging to his artistic image but it was his own choice and he didn’t hide it (YANA anyone) so he must have had a completely different view on the matter as I do.
I can appreciate the honesty in that, most artist would try to hide it by all means.
Michael's philosophy about concerts has always been, in a nutshell, "people want to hear the album played through big speakers."

Combine this with Michael's own "perfectionism", or as i like to call it, his complete abhorrence to his own voice (at least when singing outside of a studio) and you get a Michael that's not only lip syncing to his 20+ year old self, but that's also making his band play along with, at least half of the multitracks of the original song/s at the same time.

I love Michael but his views on how a live concert should be, were imo, insane.

Michael's philosophy about concerts has always been, in a nutshell, "people want to hear the album played through big speakers."
That's stupid. If I wanted to hear the album then I'd stay home and listen to the album. The whole point of a live show is to get a different experience. For me if a live show has any ''mistakes'' it's all part of the charm of it being live. I swear Michael was too much of a perfectionist for his own good.

Combine this with Michael's own "perfectionism", or as i like to call it, his complete abhorrence to his own voice (at least when singing outside of a studio) and you get a Michael that's not only lip syncing to his 20+ year old self, but that's also making his band play along with, at least half of the multitracks of the original song/s at the same time.

I love Michael but his views on how a live concert should be, were imo, insane.
Idk... after bad was very different. I wish things could've been different

That's stupid. If I wanted to hear the album then I'd stay home and listen to the album. The whole point of a live show is to get a different experience. For me if a live show has any ''mistakes'' it's all part of the charm of it being live. I swear Michael was too much of a perfectionist for his own good.
Yeah. That. And sadly a bit lazy in his later years.

)
This is fan made. The multis got leaked by somone inside the Estate.
They will never release the concert in HD.

However, I have seen Munichs Earth Song in 3D in true HD.

This is fan made. The multis got leaked by somone inside the Estate.
They will never release the concert in HD.

However, I have seen Munichs Earth Song in 3D in true HD.
Yeah, the audio is fan made as it can be read in the description but the video edit is legit, fans don't have access to the HD rushes of Munich.

Back