Why wasn't the full version of "Carousel" on Thriller Special Edition?

MJ didn't want to include the full version I guess. Can't think of any other reason lol.

He also changed the T25 tracklist to exclude most of the Thriller era demos as well.

MJ didn't want to include the full version I guess. Can't think of any other reason lol.

He also changed the T25 tracklist to exclude most of the Thriller era demos as well.
Lol, not gonna lie that’s kind of a bizarre compromise.

*take this with a pinch of salt

I read years ago that they couldn't find the full version of the song and only released what they had, which was an extended promo clip meant for advertising and marketing of the project.

Again take that with a pinch of salt, no idea how true that is. But I read it on an music forum somewhere. I always remember thinking it was absurd until 2012 when they revealed they found Song Groove separated in two halves on two different tapes. So stranger things have happened

*take this with a pinch of salt

I read years ago that they couldn't find the full version of the song and only released what they had, which was an extended promo clip meant for advertising and marketing of the project.

Again take that with a pinch of salt, no idea how true that is. But I read it on a music forum somewhere. I always remember thinking it was absurd until 2012 when they revealed they found Song Groove separated in two halves on two different tapes. So stranger things have happened
I would buy this if it was a song MJ self-produced and recorded at Hayvenhurst. Since this was a Quincy contribution, I feel as though the record keeping and archiving would’ve been better.

I would buy this if it was a song MJ self-produced and recorded at Hayvenhurst. Since this was a Quincy contribution, I feel as though the record keeping and archiving would’ve been better.
Absolutely mate, I personally didn't believe it when I read it. But I thought I'd share it. I think you're right mate
Not on topic but I wonder why they couldn't find Groove Of Midnight for instance?

Not on topic but I wonder why they couldn't find Groove Of Midnight for instance?
“Groove of Midnight” was on the shortlist for Bad 25, but Matt Forger and co. couldn’t locate a recording of it in the archives, which led them to assume that it just… wasn’t recorded. Seems presumptuous if you ask me, but hey, I don’t have a key to the vault. -AlwaysThere

“Groove of Midnight” was on the shortlist for Bad 25, but Matt Forger and co. couldn’t locate a recording of it in the archives, which led them to assume that it just… wasn’t recorded. Seems presumptuous if you ask me, but hey, I don’t have a key to the vault. -AlwaysThere
didn't the Estate have some problems with Rod/rod’s Estate around this time about royalties?

a cassette of Groove was auctioned with other Bad session stuff some years ago

Screenshot-2017-09-06-13-39-42.png

Screenshot-2017-09-06-13-39-21.png

Back