will this is it have 5.1 surround audio?

dancemasterman

Proud Member
will the this is it dvd have sperate channels like the history dvds? you know one channel for the vocals, another for the instruments ect.?

or will every channel be exactly the same? I'm really hoping not. I'd love to hear acapella versions of his live vocals.

We won't know untill the release, I expect. But obviously there will be 5.1 surround sound of some sort - but whether it's seperated, we dunno..

This is almost a given, but yes, the DVD leak and Blu-Ray rip have 5.1 AC-3 and DTS audio, respectively.

What I'm really hoping for though, is an uncompressed LPCM track (WAV) to re-create the CD I made from the 5.1 audio.

All DVDs have 5.1 surround either/both Dolby digital and/or Dts. The Blu-ray will most likely have a higher quality Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or DTS Ma-HD 5.1 soundtrack with a higher quality dolby digital 5.1 on the side. So basically yes both DVD/Blu-ray will have 5.1 surround it is like the standard. Blu-ray will have a higher quality soundtrack hich will make you hear the music more clearly

All DVDs have 5.1 surround either/both Dolby digital and/or Dts. The Blu-ray will most likely have a higher quality Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or DTS Ma-HD 5.1 soundtrack with a higher quality dolby digital 5.1 on the side. So basically yes both DVD/Blu-ray will have 5.1 surround it is like the standard. Blu-ray will have a higher quality soundtrack hich will make you hear the music more clearly

what I mean is will all channels be playing the same thing or will each channel be playing different instruments, vocals, ect. Will be like Thriller or like his other videos.

This is almost a given, but yes, the DVD leak and Blu-Ray rip have 5.1 AC-3 and DTS audio, respectively.

What I'm really hoping for though, is an uncompressed LPCM track (WAV) to re-create the CD I made from the 5.1 audio.

...and it turns out for the stereo 192kpbs AC3 is your lot! what a wasted opportunity for blu-ray

so what does that mean? that there are no seperate channels like one jus for vocals, another for guitars, etc? and has anyone been able to rip an really good copy of the songs? i still dont have the mp3s on my ipod!! :(

-Dal

so what does that mean? that there are no seperate channels like one jus for vocals, another for guitars, etc? and has anyone been able to rip an really good copy of the songs? i still dont have the mp3s on my ipod!! :(

-Dal
you may have better luck asking this in the 2000 watt forum :yes:

Back