Will we ever see the entire Night at the Apollo 2002 Show?

I feel he was in perfect health & then that martin batshit doc came & pretty much killed him. Mj was never the same after 05...im damn near crying as I type this🤦🏿‍♂️

I wonder why he chose dangerous era songs to perform in 2002 & I can't figure out how or why this footage hasn't been out by now. Today is the anniversary of that day.

I wonder why he chose dangerous era songs to perform in 2002 & I can't figure out how or why this footage hasn't been out by now. Today is the anniversary of that day.
It's an interesting topic , I feel he was really pissed off with the whole Sony/Invincible album bombing that perhaps by this point he thought screw it, I'll just perform an older hit if you ain't onboard?

Wasn't there also drama with a 9/11 tribute show where the producers wanted him to perform man in the mirror but he was insisting on cry but they said no?

It's an interesting topic , I feel he was really pissed off with the whole Sony/Invincible album bombing that perhaps by this point he thought screw it, I'll just perform an older hit if you ain't onboard?

Wasn't there also drama with a 9/11 tribute show where the producers wanted him to perform man in the mirror but he was insisting on cry but they said no?
That's news to me...but I doubt he wanted to do cry especially on a crane. I still don't even know why it was used for man in the mirror but if he was really pissed... he should've performed "they don't care about us" crazy how his last performances haven't been seen in full unless you were there. The fact that nobody has any amateur footage is beyond me!

That's news to me...but I doubt he wanted to do cry especially on a crane. I still don't even know why it was used for man in the mirror but if he was really pissed... he should've performed "they don't care about us" crazy how his last performances haven't been seen in full unless you were there. The fact that nobody has any amateur footage is beyond me!
Agreed. Found this today on YT
atleast it has pics from his performance. Makes me so sad that we have so little footage of the greatest entertainer ever.

You don't think? I guess if you enjoy 480p blurry amateur footage of concerts then I can agree, pro footage though? Not so much.
absolutely not.

This is it

30th anniversary

MJ & friends (Korea + Munich)
We have over a dozen pro shot concerts from History tour

5 full Dangerous pro shots concerts, several full Dangerous rehearsals, a dozen full performances from different songs in PRO

We also have 4-5 Bad Tour 1987
Shows, a full bad tour 1988 concert + Live CD, two promo tapes 1988, over a dozen full performances of songs from the Bad Tour

Three full pro Victory Tour concerts and a dozen of different performances of songs from this tour

Then there are the many Jackson’s and Jackson 5 concerts, numerous live performances in tv shows etc. Just speaking about strictly live footage with Michael there is probably close to a 100 videos of him you can find online that ranges from his time in Jackson 5 all the way to his final days.

I think you and I have a different definition of “so little footage”

absolutely not.

This is it

30th anniversary

MJ & friends (Korea + Munich)
We have over a dozen pro shot concerts from History tour

5 full Dangerous pro shots concerts, several full Dangerous rehearsals, a dozen full performances from different songs in PRO

We also have 4-5 Bad Tour 1987
Shows, a full bad tour 1988 concert + Live CD, two promo tapes 1988, over a dozen full performances of songs from the Bad Tour

Three full pro Victory Tour concerts and a dozen of different performances of songs from this tour

Then there are the many Jackson’s and Jackson 5 concerts, numerous live performances in tv shows etc. Just speaking about strictly live footage with Michael there is probably close to a 100 videos of him you can find online that ranges from his time in Jackson 5 all the way to his final days.

I think you and I have a different definition of “so little footage”
You can count poorly recorded tv show appearances, news snippets, bootleg recordings of varying degrees of quality and length (most of it poor quality) that's fine. But actual full master tape quality concerts and apperances are very few for an artist of MJ's caliber. Don't get me wrong i'm very grateful for the few good to decent quality concerts that we do have
but to argue that we have a lot of footage of MJ is disingenuous imho.

You also miss so much of MJ's artistic growth and genius by having such a limited selection of available footage. MJ was all about performing, he himself said that he could sleep on stage and that he was most comfortable on stage.
Just as an example take the Destiny tour the Jacksons did more concerts for that tour than what MJ did during his first solo tour! All live! He found himself on that tour and the artist that he wanted to be. During the later parts of that tour MJ wrote a letter to himself of what he wanted to accomplish as a solo artist and that to me is BIG very big. So how much footage of that career changing tour do we have? an astounding number of one! How much footage do we have of the later part of that tour? An incredible 0! Just some blurry reports with very limited footage.

As Molly Meldrum once said in one of his reports during MJ's Bad tour, that if you want to know more about the real Michael Jackson you start here at his magical launching pad and let yourself be part of the illusion.

You can count poorly recorded tv show appearances, news snippets, bootleg recordings of varying degrees of quality and length (most of it poor quality) that's fine. But actual full master tape quality concerts and apperances are very few for an artist of MJ's caliber. Don't get me wrong i'm very grateful for the few good to decent quality concerts that we do have
but to argue that we have a lot of footage of MJ is disingenuous imho.

You also miss so much of MJ's artistic growth and genius by having such a limited selection of available footage. MJ was all about performing, he himself said that he could sleep on stage and that he was most comfortable on stage.
Just as an example take the Destiny tour the Jacksons did more concerts for that tour than what MJ did during his first solo tour! All live! He found himself on that tour and the artist that he wanted to be. During the later parts of that tour MJ wrote a letter to himself of what he wanted to accomplish as a solo artist and that to me is BIG very big. So how much footage of that career changing tour do we have? an astounding number of one! How much footage do we have of the later part of that tour? An incredible 0! Just some blurry reports with very limited footage.

As Molly Meldrum once said in one of his reports during MJ's Bad tour, that if you want to know more about the real Michael Jackson you start here at his magical launching pad and let yourself be part of the illusion.
What do you mean by saying
but to argue that we have a lot of footage of MJ is disingenuous imho.” It’s literally the truth. We have actual full master tapes in great quality of a dozen concerts from the History Tour, quite a few shows in great quality from the dangerous tour, Brunei Show in great quality, 30th anniversary in great quality, MJ & friends (two concerts in great quality), Bad Tour Yokohama in great quality, Bad Wembley in okay quality. Brisbane in good quality, rome in good quality (although not full) it’s not an opinion it’s a fact that we have dozens upon dozen of footage of MJ performing live in concert and in front of an audience in good to great quality, there is nothing disingenuous about that.

It seems that your argument is something else entirely. If you would have argued that there ain’t many pro shots full concert from a specific tour like Triumph or Bad 1988 then I would agree with you but in the grand scheme of things, MJ has been very well documented as a live performer and you can watch all of his dozen performances on YouTube. And you also seemed to move the goal post from “so little footage” to “pro footage” to “not blurry 480p”.

The part of his touring career that interests me the most (1968- 1984) has a severe lack of full concerts, it even has a severe lack of decent quality snippets. So @flight85 is at least partly correct.

But there is indeed a lot of footage from the 1990s onwards

We've only ever had a single snippet of Dangerous. What's keeping it from being unveiled? It's one of my many wanted performances, between that, One Night Only rehearsals and the Budweiser 1982 Show.
OMG yes…!!! And he was planning on doing some mime thing with Marcel Marceau too..!!!! I would’ve LOVED to have seen that!!! 😍😍😍 I wish the rehearsals were filmed!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Back