Will we ever see the entire Night at the Apollo 2002 Show?

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
We've only ever had a single snippet of Dangerous. What's keeping it from being unveiled? It's one of my many wanted performances, between that, One Night Only rehearsals and the Budweiser 1982 Show.

I resally hope so.

Black or White and Man in the Mirror was performed, right? - or am I thinking about a different concert?

Black or White and Man in the Mirror was performed, right? - or am I thinking about a different concert?
Black or White and Heal the World. I really do wish he would have performed even two more songs in this show, Billie Jean and Man In The Mirror would be ideal additions. This reminds me that the MITM performance in the 2001 United We Stand show would be cool to see. I am kind of annoyed at the idea of his last ever performance of that amazing number never having been seen by those who were not in attendance that night

"Copyright reasons" was the excuse for not broadcasting the full Apollo show according to some narrator over the Dangerous performance footage, which I cannot find completely compelling. Maybe Michael did not want the entire show to be broadcasted? I mean, he did perform Dangerous a second time for American Bandstand since he was apparently not in favor of the first one, so perhaps at this point he would have been more at ease if less people were watching? I do not know the real reason though if it ain't "copyright reasons," so pure process of mind on my part. If we cannot see the actual show, we can at least see the rehearsals, Lavelle has them

Black or White and Heal the World. I really do wish he would have performed even two more songs in this show, Billie Jean and Man In The Mirror would be ideal additions. This reminds me that the MITM performance in the 2001 United We Stand show would be cool to see. I am kind of annoyed at the idea of his last ever performance of that amazing number never having been seen by those who were not in attendance that night

"Copyright reasons" was the excuse for not broadcasting the full Apollo show according to some narrator over the Dangerous performance footage, which I cannot find completely compelling. Maybe Michael did not want the entire show to be broadcasted? I mean, he did perform Dangerous a second time for American Bandstand since he was apparently not in favor of the first one, so perhaps at this point he would have been more at ease if less people were watching? I do not know the real reason though if it ain't "copyright reasons," so pure process of mind on my part. If we cannot see the actual show, we can at least see the rehearsals, Lavelle has them

Ahh - It was at United we Stand concert he performed MitM. My bad.

I so hope we get to see both these short concerts/performances one day. - Would be great.

We've only ever had a single snippet of Dangerous. What's keeping it from being unveiled? It's one of my many wanted performances, between that, One Night Only rehearsals and the Budweiser 1982 Show.
"Copyright reasons" was the excuse for not broadcasting the full Apollo show according to some narrator over the Dangerous performance footage, which I cannot find completely compelling. Maybe Michael did not want the entire show to be broadcasted?
American cable and satellite television network C-SPAN (which is the company that owns the entire performance from all the artists) had already officially explained that it is because of copyright restrictions.

"Because of copyright restrictions, only the first minute of each musical act was shown" (C-SPAN)

So, it is a broader decision (that affects also all the other artists, and not solely Michael Jackson).

The things I read on this site make me laugh. The greatest entertainer of all time & boring being used in the same sentence, genuinely, on a fan site. LOL!

Every heard of different opinions? Ever heard that being a fan doesn't mean to LOVE every single thing about the idol? From the performance-perspective the Apollo show is probably boring. But to us fans its interesting because it's his last time performing. But the show itself is nothing new.. the medley he did already 10 years ago etc...

I have never seen an MJ performance that is boring!

Well...

Johannesburg 97.
don't fall asleep xD

PS: and yes, I know.. its almost the final HWT show.. he was tired.

My hypometer reads
1 Budweiser 82 😱🤯🤩
2 One Night Only 95 😱🤯
3 Apollo 2002 🫣

Just look at those Budweiser 82 pics. Michael holding a mic, sunglasses on, jerry curl in perfect condition, laughing, relaxed, great jeans and belt and jacket. Pretty much like he was on stage with James Brown in 84 and Diana Ross in 80.
This is a man completely comfortable and chill In his natural environment, no extra baggage yet, feeling like a king.

Last edited:
There are live adlibs in the end of the song I guess?

I really hope we will get to see this footage some day. And I hope we do not have to wait 20 years...

Ok devil's advocate. Why am I not bothered with Apollo 2002?
1) same old songs
2) same old performances
3) not live again
4) judging from 2001 MSG I can't see how this would be any better

Budweiser 82 is live, is prime MJ and I basically have no idea what is happening on that stage, unpredictability factor high.
One Night Only rehearsals are likely completely different than anything we have seen before, new dance routines, never before performed songs etc

So that is my stance on it.

Never heard about the Budweiser concert. What kind of event was it and which songs did MJ perform?

I think there's a slightly better quality version of this somewhere. He's singing Stuff Like That with Valerie Simpson of Ashford & Simpson.

It's only 40s.

I could be wrong but I think I remember seeing a clip of him performing It's The Falling In Love from that show but in super bad video/audio quality.

I wished we would get Apollo 2002 fully released, The Dangerous performance we have of Apollo 2002, MJ seems more sharp and on point compared to American Bandstand (Bandstand was actually two Dangerous performances cut into one) MJ's hairstyle is better than 30th anniversary imo.

Also would be awesome seeing his last "full" performance (not including him singing We Are The World at WMA 2006 or You Are Not Alone in Japan 2007) plus seeing Dave Navarro (from Red Hot Chili Peppers) playing guitar during Black or White and Diana Ross on stage during Heal the World.

It's mind blowing to think that MJ's introduction into public life was both American Bandstand and Apollo, and his final performances was American Bandstand and Apollo, very fitting.

I wonder why we still haven’t seen MITM from United we stand. That should have been released a long time ago.
It has been said that it was due to legal conflicts between 2 competing television channels, ABC and CBS.

ABC aired the 'United We Stand: What More Can I Give' benefit concert at that time, but Michael Jackson had to remove his 'Man In The Mirror' performance from that ABC broadcast.

The reason (for removing his performance from that ABC broadcast) was reportedly because the competing CBS had already signed an agreement to air in the same month (November) his 2001 MSG Anniversary Shows.

There was a stipulation that these 2 competing television channels could not air these different performances of him so close (in the same month).

It has been said that it was due to legal conflicts between 2 competing television channels, ABC and CBS.

ABC aired the 'United We Stand: What More Can I Give' benefit concert at that time, but Michael Jackson had to remove his 'Man In The Mirror' performance from that ABC broadcast.

The reason (for removing his performance from that ABC broadcast) was reportedly because the competing CBS had already signed an agreement to air in the same month (November) his 2001 MSG Anniversary Shows.

There was a stipulation that these 2 competing television channels could not air these different performances of him so close (in the same month).
Yes, I’m aware of the reasons why it wasn’t broadcasted at that time, but now? Come on it has been 22 years since that. I see no possible reason for withholding that performance from the public and the fans.

I wish he was in this shape for the 30th anniversary shows! It would've been so epic if he was at the show

Back