Will we ever see the entire Night at the Apollo 2002 Show?

Yes, I’m aware of the reasons why it wasn’t broadcasted at that time, but now? Come on it has been 22 years since that. I see no possible reason for withholding that performance from the public and the fans.
🤣🤣🤣 we just got thriller & beat it in 4k 40 years later. Are you really surprised? It's tons & tons of unreleased mj footage. Yet we get 20sec clips of hours of tape. It's stupid & im coming to the fact that I just might die before I get to enjoy new mj content again. Nothing has been released in years & i have seen so many ppl leave this earth since otw 35 doc. Everybody except jb!

Last edited:
Michael has reached his peak condition in 1999,you know at that time his dance movements, were delightful and expressive and powerful.Yes I love MJ&Friends shows 1999,his dance movements were graceful.But Michael was tired after 2000,2001,you can see his physical condition and mental condition were not so good,especially in 30th anniversary celebration concert.I am also not interested in Night at the Apollo 2002 and American Bandstand 2002,he should have a rest after 2000 because he was exhausted.

Yes I think his moves were sharper, faster, more precise and powerful. His costumes were also classier which probably influences my opinion lol
The performance style of the song ''dangerous'' in 2002 was almost the same as 1999,and all I can see was,he was getting fat in 2002,and he was exhausted in 2002,nothing special to me.People love 1999,because,yes,his moves were sharper, faster, more precise and powerful in 1999.

The performance style of the song ''dangerous'' in 2002 was almost the same as 1999,and all I can see was,he was getting fat in 2002,and he was exhausted in 2002,nothing special to me.People love 1999,because,yes,his moves were sharper, faster, more precise and powerful in 1999.
Lol I wouldn't say he was getting fat but I feel he was healthy for that age. He should've been that size in 09!

1978-1984
I mean the general public would probably agree. Anything after Thriller doesnt matter appearently lol.
As much as I have issues with the history tour, his choreography did get better in most aspects. Billie Jean & Dangerous became more refined. Mj aged like fine wine imo lol.

See, I literally started the thread to talk about 2002 and give it it's shine.. I wanna see it. But we still ended up talking about how bad HIStory tour and everything after Bad is anyway. Why?

See, I literally started the thread to talk about 2002 and give it it's shine.. I wanna see it. But we still ended up talking about how bad HIStory tour and everything after Bad is anyway. Why?
Because nobody can answer your initial question unfortunately
I would like to know more about “one night only” but there is little to no info…
Bit if you don’t mind, I will reply robbsaber a last time 🙂

I mean the general public would probably agree. Anything after Thriller doesnt matter appearently lol.
As much as I have issues with the history tour, his choreography did get better in most aspects. Billie Jean & Dangerous became more refined. Mj aged like fine wine imo lol.
For me it was the show aspect that I wasn’t fond of, it felt too rehearsed compared to the looseness of the Triumph tour for example. But that’s a matter of preference of course. Now I realize the Triumph tour was rehearsed as well but it felt different and more chaotic because of less choreographed dances, video and pyrotechnics etc

Because nobody can answer your initial question unfortunately
I would like to know more about “one night only” but there is little to no info…
Bit if you don’t mind, I will reply robbsaber a last time 🙂

For me it was the show aspect that I wasn’t fond of, it felt too rehearsed compared to the looseness of the Triumph tour for example. But that’s a matter of preference of course. Now I realize the Triumph tour was rehearsed as well but it felt different and more chaotic because of less choreographed dances, video and pyrotechnics etc
I mean, I get it, it is what it is.

And I'll gladly take some Triumph Tour footage anyday, I love those early days. The live album is quite great.

That Apollo rehearsal footage was pretty cool but the performances were exactly the same as he had done 10 years prior.

The only exciting part was the live ad libs at the end of HTW and the shout out to Waldo.

It would have been refreshing and absolutely amazing to hear him sing these songs live and not boring lip sync.

To hear his beautiful voice singing heal the world live would have been special. The best we ever got was an impromptu sing a long in the Bahamas.

That Apollo rehearsal footage was pretty cool but the performances were exactly the same as he had done 10 years prior.

The only exciting part was the live ad libs at the end of HTW and the shout out to Waldo.

It would have been refreshing and absolutely amazing to hear him sing these songs live and not boring lip sync.

To hear his beautiful voice singing heal the world live would have been special. The best we ever got was an impromptu sing a long in the Bahamas.
I just wanna see how he was moving in that era. Dangerous footage counts for a lot.

I just wanna see how he was moving in that era. Dangerous footage counts for a lot.
Good point, he would have been what 44 by this point?

That dangerous performance he was breathing out his arse 😂, you could hear it when he sang a few words and could barely put a sentence together ha.

Good point, he would have been what 44 by this point?

That dangerous performance he was breathing out his arse 😂, you could hear it when he sang a few words and could barely put a sentence together ha.
Just about yeah, American Bandstand probably 43. Apollo was later in the year and seems like a better show, as long as he ends well.

Can somebody explain, please. As far as i know during invincible era there were TWO Michael's performances, that we didn't have a chance to watch fully: one is from 2002 (there is only full video of dangerous in YouTube) and second is from 2001? (Where Michael wears white clothes...)

Can somebody explain, please. As far as i know during invincible era there were TWO Michael's performances, that we didn't have a chance to watch fully: one is from 2002 (there is only full video of dangerous in YouTube) and second is from 2001? (Where Michael wears white clothes...)
There's the Apollo 2002 and a charity concert in 2001

If MJ was fat in 2002... I don't know what I am then. I thought I was normal for a 36 year old man, but apparently I am extremely fat and in verry bad shape... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Actually I love fat Michael) He looks so cute and manly. In my opinion he shouldn't get himself slim again... Like he did during This Is It era
If MJ was fat in 2002... I don't know what I am then. I thought I was normal for a 36 year old man, but apparently I am extremely fat and in verry bad shape... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I agree that MJ was at his fattest around the 2002 point , he had a bit of a belly on him 😂.

He was never fat but appeared a bit more fuller (for him) around this period.

Controversial, his ass looked fat during the History tour , especially in those gold pants (the ladies loved it though)

Back