Would you like to see Moonwalker game remade?

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
Would you like to see Moonwalker game remade on current consoles and PC? I think it would be great and it could sell really well. They could release it digitally on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC. They could update the graphics and make them HD and maybe in 3D but that is not necessery. It could look great though. I have only played the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis version but the arcade version looks good too. Either version would be great. Old Ducktales game on NES was recently remade and it's really fun to play and it looks great.

Sega Mega Drive/Genesis version

Arcade version

Last edited:
Yes! YES! YES!!! I really want Moonwalker to be remade. I would love to get my hands on it. Though at times I can't understand why it wasn't re-released for Wii's Virtual Console, they say they're gonna do it and they didn't which I felt like the lied.

I was thinking of trying to find the Moonwalker SEGA game on Ebay while at the same time I found a Classic SEGA Genesis console at The Bargain! Shop which is about $60.00 Canadian and thinking of getting it. But the thought of liking for Moonwalker to be remade in the future sounds even better to me.

If they made a remake it would be great if you could change the costume so the Smooth Criminal wouldn't be the only choice. Costumes from other short films and even from live performances would be awesome.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

I'd get it for my PS4 or iPhone! I'd prefer it to be left in the same style though as the original (I don't mind if the textures look a bit nicer, I just want it to be same style as the original!).

Heck yeah!! Loved that game!! Would so buy that!!

I grew up on the genesis game. I got it as a christmas present as a kid, it was actually the first video game I've ever played. I've always wanted to see a remake of the game, to the point where I have even considered taking up such a project myself for years, thou creating a game by yourself is a painstaking thing..

A port of the originals or HD remake of them would be awesome! I'd gladly buy them for the 360 or whichever current-gen console I may get in the future. I especially like Galactus' idea to change Michael's costume within the game.

Though at times I can't understand why it wasn't re-released for Wii's Virtual Console, they say they're gonna do it and they didn't which I felt like the lied.

My guess is that they weren't able to work out a deal with Sega to get it released. There's various things to consider such as music and likeness rights, as well as the availability of the game's original source code which Sega may not have anymore. There's also the fact that Sega probably just doesn't care, which isn't too surprising seeing how they haven't cared about anything since like 2002 or so. :p

I'm a 90's kid and old gamer. I still have it for my Genesis in the box and played it the other day. It's still ghetto as ever in the best way :p

Considering I can play PS1 & PS2 games, and the original Final Fantasy on PS3...hell yes!

I have the Moonwalker video game for Sega. But I never gotten to play the game. Since I don't have a Sega Genesis. I only gotten the game. Out of the hopes that I would get a Sega. To play the game on. But that never happen. Because I realized why do I want to get a game system just for one game. Moonwalker has been the only Sega Genesis game. I had ever wanted to play. But I would so totally L.O.V.E. it if they could remake the game for the Nintendo Wii U. Ever since 1985 I have always been a Nintendo person. I have the first 2 Playstations. But I really prefer the Nintendo over them. And I will also L.O.V.E. it if they could make an app of the game. Either for the Kindle Fire or the iPad. I have both of them now. I have finally bought myself an iPad yesterday. If they can turn those Final Fantasy games in to game apps. For the tablets. I don't see why they can't do that to Moonwalker.

In retrospect, it was such a horrible game. But at the time, i LOVED it.
I remember liking the arcade version because 3 people could play at once, and the other 2 people had 2 different colored suits (yellow and red i think).

I'd get it for my PS4 or iPhone! I'd prefer it to be left in the same style though as the original (I don't mind if the textures look a bit nicer, I just want it to be same style as the original!).

It would be great if you could switch between the new and old graphics. If you play with the new graphics the songs you hear would be the real album versions but you could also play the game with old graphics and and original musics. They could also make new levels based on other short films.

Back