Would you say Michael (both in life and death) was popular with Millennials (people born between 1981 and 1996)?

StarlightXX

Proud Member
I think, character-wise, Michael could identify with the Millennials: the generation is known for having the Peter Pan syndrome, achieving adult milestones later in life (leaving the nest, having kids), doing child-like hobbies like playing video games - plus Michael’s music is pretty popular and well-known among Millennials. Also some Millennial fashion reminds me of Michael’s attire.

Why can't I be a millennial?
lol, I don’t understand? I’m not saying the Millennials are a privileged generation if they collectively have something in common with Michael Jackson. I’m a Millennial and I think the young people of the 80s and 90s had it good bc Michael was huge and performing across the earth.

lol, I don’t understand? I’m not saying the Millennials are a privileged generation if they collectively have something in common with Michael Jackson. I’m a Millennial and I think the young people of the 80s and 90s had it good bc Michael was huge and performing across the earth.
I'm technically Gen Z lol. I feel like a Millennial though. I did miss most of his eras though. I agree, hope they were enjoying it back then.

I'm technically Gen Z lol. I feel like a Millennial though. I did miss most of his eras though. I agree, hope they were enjoying it back then.
I’m a Millennial (born in 1988) and mainly missed out until 2002 with the Martin Bashir documentary. Not a great way to be introduced to the King of Pop but I liked his music instantly. It’s amazing how Michael achieved global fame and admiration without the internet, social media, etc.

Millennials and Gen Zs have very similar life views, though Gen Z are taking stronger action on the workplace (e.g. petitioning to have a 4-day work week).

8da66e562abad6de767635b5ffad2c15b9618dc5.gif

Yes, yes I do think Michael was and is popular with millennials
Really, MJ is poplar with any generation. I'm Gen Z and Michael Jackson is my life at this point
Is he more important to you than artists of your generation? I mean, Taylor, Olivia - those people. Not them specifically. I don't know if you like those two or not, I just meant the artists who are current.

Is he more important to you than artists of your generation? I mean, Taylor, Olivia - those people. Not them specifically. I don't know if you like those two or not, I just meant the artists who are current.
Yes! WAYYYYYY more important! Don't get me wrong they have good music but Michael (to me) is MUCH better

I'd say the real lucky MJ fans are all Gen X , they were the ones who put MJ on the map and who made Thriller the biggest selling album of all time.

Prob at a prime age to really appreciate MJ on tour and actually remember it well.

I'd imagine that a lot of those Gen X fans are probably not so much fans anymore. Music is all about the youth.

MJ's core fanbase now is probably made up of a mix between Millennials and Gen Z who are discovering him.

Michael no longer has a gigantic and active fanbase compared to his peak years , the man has been gone 14 years , the spark is out.

I'd say the real lucky MJ fans are all Gen X , they were the ones who put MJ on the map and who made Thriller the biggest selling album of all time.

Prob at a prime age to really appreciate MJ on tour and actually remember it well.

I'd imagine that a lot of those Gen X fans are probably not so much fans anymore. Music is all about the youth.

MJ's core fanbase now is probably made up of a mix between Millennials and Gen Z who are discovering him.

Michael no longer has a gigantic and active fanbase compared to his peak years , the man has been gone 14 years , the spark is out.
This makes me cry... for a few reasons

Er, excuse me! EXCUSE me!!!!!!!!!!!

Gen X? :ROFLMAO:
I need to use my father as an example, born in the 60s and only a few years younger than Michael.

He remembers watching the J5 television show as a child and following the career of MJ all the way up to present times.

Got to experience every adult MJ album at the time of release, every moment , Motown 25, Thriller video etc - seeing him live on BAD Tour and Dangerous on many occasions.

I'm jealous

Back