Xscape #1 on uk official top 100 albums!

You missed Essential Michael Jackson. Essential kept at the top for 7 weeks. And the Vinyl in 1983 titles "18 GREATEST HITS" also #1 in the UK.

Great news. How many UK number 1 albums has MJ had now? Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTD, Invincible, Number Ones and Xscape. That's eight. Have I missed any??

I think there was a Motown-era love songs collection in the 80s that also made number 1 in the UK album charts, which makes a total of 9. I read somewhere that he'd had ten, but I can't recall any other MJ albums reaching number 1 over here.

UK is a tough market, one of the biggest right?

USA is the most important/biggest market for record sales, UK is the second biggest. Every other country comes after these two. I would say next it's Canada and Australia then France, Germany, Italy. Then all the other smaller markets.

USA is the most important/biggest market for record sales, UK is the second biggest. Every other country comes after these two. I would say next it's Canada and Australia then France, Germany, Italy. Then all the other smaller markets.

I think France and Germany are bigger (more sales) than Canada and Australia?

Hey MJ fans!

We are currently working on a project for Music Unlimited, Sony’s music streaming service. As part of this, we’re looking for a collection of great photos of real people completely caught up in the moment while listening to their favourite artist. We thought MJ fans would be perfect for this task and would love to make YOU the next star of our social channel :)

In exchange we are giving away the chance to get your hands on free Music Unlimited vouchers so you can keep on dancing to Micheal Jackson all night long for free.

So if you fancy getting involved and would love some free music, send over your pictures to musicunlimited@work-club.com

We are looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your moves,

Thanks,

Music Unlimited

Don't forget Japan. They may not consume a great deal of international artists, but the market is big for music.

The big 4 are USA, UK, Japan and Germany.

Back